Poll

What was the result of your SIBO test?

Positive for Hydrogen
1 (4.3%)
Positive for Methane
2 (8.7%)
Positive for both Hydrogen and Methane
2 (8.7%)
Positive, but they have used a different combination of solution and gases. Elaborate in the comments.
0 (0%)
Negative, but they have used a different combination of solution and gases. Elaborate in the comments.
0 (0%)
Negative
1 (4.3%)
I have never done such a test before.
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)  (Read 7380 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2021, 10:20:32 AM »
Low BMI, Body Weight Loss, Low Muscle Mass, Low Appetite and Gut Microbiota:

Targeting the Gut Microbiota to Treat Cachexia

16S Microbiome test from Atlas Biomed (I don't have any printout of results, they are visible in a webpage with diagrams, so I can't post all of it)
- I am missing a number of important butyrate-producing bacteria such as faecalibacterium, roseburia, coprococcus, akkermansia. I also have very low eubacterium.
- I am also missing a non-butyrate bacteria called Lactobacillus.
- Bifidobacteria is about 2.4%.
I initially started treatment due to suspected SIBO, however a breath test during my most recent slump revealed only a minor methanogenic overgrowth (11 ppm methane, <10 reference range). According to a stool test, I have high levels of two known potential pathogens, klebsiella pneumoniae and citrobacter brakii, in addition to an overgrowth of bacteroidetes in my large intestine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 11:37:59 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 10:28:56 AM »
I was recently diagnosed with SIBO and will report back after treatment. I also strongly believe that I suffer from transient episodes of D-Lactac acidosis as part of a larger gut dysbiosis.     

What kind of test did you do for SIBO?

Lactulose breath test for both hydrogen and methane. Borderline positive for hydrogen and definitely positive for methane. See: https://i.imgur.com/GBp5YRV.jpg
Do you have premature ejaculation?

Yes!
Back to the Source: Molecular Identification of Methanogenic Archaea as Markers of Colonic Methane Production
"breath methane excretion is elevated in constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS-C) patients, who also have lower postprandial serotonin levels than non-methane excreting IBS patients who excrete elevated H2"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2021, 11:20:59 AM »
Gut Dysbiosis Dysregulates Central and Systemic Homeostasis via Suboptimal Mitochondrial Function: Assessment, Treatment and Classification Implications

Overall, gut dysbiosis and increased gut permeability have significant impacts on central and systemic homeostasis via the regulation of mitochondrial function, especially in central glia and systemic immune cells.