Author Topic: Eggs for POIS  (Read 67316 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Eggs for POIS
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2021, 01:29:14 PM »

I think POIS is related to Cholesterol…

Nightly, I have been taking Crestor for years for cholesterol, haven’t seen any POIS correlation, before/after Crestor-years.

Also, I’ve always been an everyday
egg-lover (2-3 daily).

Not sure if this is helpful…
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 01:37:45 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »
Hello progecitor
I think POIS is related to Cholesterol and its derivatives. Biotin deficiency has many systemic manifestations which is not seen in POIS

I haven't stated that biotin deficiency is the root of POIS. I only wanted to say that biotin is most likely involved in the disease. In my case taking a biotin capsule actually makes me really ill as if I just had an O. This would mean that I have an excess of the stuff. However other supplements also make me more ill, so biotin can't be the only culprit either. We also can't prove anything by eating eggs alone. If we suspect a reason at least we should verify it with a supplement like biotin or choline.

As for the matter of cholesterol my blood tests usually showed normal cholesterol levels even during acute POIS. It is true that sometimes total cholesterol was a little elevated and the ratio for LDL was higher, but it probably only reflected a dietary habit at the time. Nonetheless lipid metabolism is probably quite disturbed and likely plays a role in disease pathology. This also doesn't necessarily mean that it is the root of POIS. As far as I know it could be a downstream effect of the original cause.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 02:11:20 PM by Progecitor »
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Bulbo

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
Hello progecitor
I think POIS is related to Cholesterol and its derivatives. Biotin deficiency has many systemic manifestations which is not seen in POIS

I haven't stated that biotin deficiency is the root of POIS. I only wanted to say that biotin is most likely involved in the disease. In my case taking a biotin capsule actually makes me really ill as if I just had an O. This would mean that I have an excess of the stuff. However other supplements also make me more ill, so biotin can't be the only culprit either. We also can't prove anything by eating eggs alone. If we suspect a reason at least we should verify it with a supplement like biotin or choline.

As for the matter of cholesterol my blood tests usually showed normal cholesterol levels even during acute POIS. It is true that sometimes total cholesterol was a little elevated and the ratio for LDL was higher, but it probably only reflected a dietary habit at the time. Nonetheless lipid metabolism is probably quite disturbed and likely plays a role in disease pathology. This also doesn't necessarily mean that it is the root of POIS. As far as I know it could be a downstream effect of the original cause.

Yeah... You may be right

Rollo

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2021, 04:03:25 PM »
For me eggs make POIS Symptoms worse...and also make me quite horny causing NEs.
Cholin might just be one of multiple factors required for sperm production and while it helps some people that lack it to replenish sperm after orgasm it exhausts the reserves of something else even more by increasing sperm production for others

ozmoses

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2022, 11:11:35 PM »
I've discovered the exact opposite. Anything with choline (food or supplementwise) causes problems for me as I have low AChE (acetylcholinesterase) which actually may be a common cause of POIS.  Low AChE is much less common that normal/high AChE is the general population. 

BoneBroth

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2022, 09:10:06 AM »
ozmoses: AChe is important for nerves to transmit signals to muscles. Do you experience any issues in that area? Have you checked your B12 levels, or tryed to step up on B12 by taking supplements? I think egg is basically good, but for those with histamine intolerance or leaky gut anything with proteins in it might cause a wide spectrum of autoimmune reactions as the body treats animal proteins as alien intrudors if they get into the blood stream. When your intestinal chain is restored, egg (free range, non antibiotic) is one of the best sources for building blocks for the hormonal system. Many users on poicecenter has reported improvements when eating eggs. Those who has not, might also do when their gut has improved. For those with cortisol or adrenaline excess, eggs would first provide you with more cortisol/adrenaline, but when saturated, the body would start using the cholesterol to fix other shortages like making antiinflammatory hormones like testosterone and oxytocin. If you experience increased NE after eating eggs, I would try the tips for stopping NE's somewhare here on the forum - mindcontrol, cooler bedroom etcetera. But cutting down on cholesterol is a risky business.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:18:59 AM by BoneBroth »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2022, 08:02:35 AM »
Another egg fan:

Reintroduced eggs recently and they've honestly been amazing for my POIS recovery. I basically feel like I've been abstaining for weeks (in terms of energy, confidence, etc) after a day or two post release (taken along with raw garlic, fenugreek, and animal-based/gaps diet). Without them, I still feel POIS-free, but do feel a lot more drained (especially in energy).

They are a nutrition powerhouse.

It may also explain why I prefer Natures Own 150 B Forte over other popular active B-complexes. The one that I take has choline/inositol in it. I think the choline may be whats having a significant impact (both in the Natures Own B complex & in eggs).

For German speakers or Bayern München Fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JriQQkxWI9o

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2023, 03:12:12 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_Y

"Immunoglobulin Y (abbreviated as IgY) is a type of immunoglobulin which is the major antibody in bird, reptile, and lungfish blood. It is also found in high concentrations in chicken egg yolk."

IgY: A promising antibody for use in immunodiagnostic and in immunotherapy

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/list-of-me-cfs-recovery-and-improvement-stories.80502/

Consuming IgY Immunoglobulins From Chicken Eggs

"ME/CFS patient (Maj-Britt) a Swedish women cured her Chlamydia pneumoniae-associated ME/CFS with a simple home treatment consisting of orally consuming IgY antibodies from a chicken egg yolk. She injected the chicken with her blood, so the chicken started making antibodies against the infections in her blood. Those chicken antibodies are naturally produced in large quantities in the eggs the chicken lays."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 06:29:36 PM by Muon »

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2023, 12:28:53 PM »
Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/114o11q/please_read_this_i_believe_i_have_found_a_cure/

"*TLDR: Eating 2-3 eggs 2-3 hours before an orgasm and 1-2 the day after has essentially eliminated all of my symptoms, and may do the same for everyone else, however, I encourage you to read the rest of this to understand my reasoning."

Warrior

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2023, 12:17:02 AM »
Forwarding this here. I believe eggs combined with red meat is a potent combination for my POIS.

I believe I have made a significant breakthrough in my POIS recovery.

COMBINING RED MEAT & EGGS

19/02/23 Food Diary:
Breaky:
- big bowel of wholegrain oats with raw milk (cold pressed raw milk)
- 3 eggs
- approx 200g of beef mince, carrots, and onions sauted with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley flakes
- 1 cup of home-made coffee with honey & cold pressed raw milk

Lunch snack:
- 2 bananas
- handful of walnuts

Late lunch coffee:
- 1 cafe flat white on reg full cream milk

Early evening snack:
- 2 plums

Dinner:
- another decent serving size of beef mince dish made this morning
- 2 eggs
- fruit smoothie with 2 bananas, handful of mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries), and small handful of walnuts

I believe that red meat & eggs are a potent combination for restoring my body back to its non-POIS state and into the thriving state that would normally only be achieved through abstience (3-9+ days). I have recorded what I have eaten today incase other foods are responsible for a recognizable shift in recovery.

Yesterday I released once at night-time, and day before released twice at night-time for histamine experiment. Today I was noticably depleted and abiding in what I call a depleted POIS state. My experience comprises of the symptoms described in "frequent releases" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. Today in the late afternoon/early evening, I experienced a distinct shift into a state that I only seemingly experience after 3-6+ days of abstience, experience is described in "abstience" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. I believe the potent combination of eggs & red meat is responsible.

When I added eggs back into my diet after a long exclusion, I noticed an enormous improvement in energy levels & POIS recovery - I was still eating red meat at the time & that wasnt enough for my energy levels. I noticed the exact same phenomena happen with red meat. I excluded red meat (and meat in general really) for a few weeks, mostly due to a histamine experiment (many meats are aged) I was undertaking, and when I reintroduced it, I noticed another significant improvement in energy levels and libido. Just eating eggs on their own don't seem as potent when eating them with red meat, and the same can be said for eating red meat on its own - its a lot better when combining it with eggs.

So, I believe that many who experience improvement in their POIS from eggs, should consider combining it with red meat. I believe the nutrients are significantly synergistic, and play a key role in my POIS recovery. I believe I have now nailed my POIS recovery down to 1 day, where my symptoms on day 1 are still relatively low, described in "frequent releases" part of that post linked earlier.

The big picture lesson here is how important nutrition is for POIS recovery. Ultimately food is medicine. I no longer prescribe to any diet ideology or restrictions apart from gluten-free. Gluten/wheat-free is an absolute must for my POIS. Apart from that, I follow the principle of "just eat real food (JERF)" focusing on quality, variety, and intuitive eating. Red meat & eggs seem to be especially effective for my POIS recovery. Also, there would be many nutrients within the red meat and eggs that rely on other nutrients to work, another reason why JERF / an incredibly nutritious diet is important for POIS recovery.
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Bulbo

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2023, 08:37:27 PM »
Forwarding this here. I believe eggs combined with red meat is a potent combination for my POIS.

19/02/23 Food Diary:
Breaky:
- 3 eggs
- approx 200g of beef mince, carrots, and onions sauted with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley flakes

Lunch snack:
- 2 bananas
- handful of walnuts

Late lunch coffee:

Early evening snack:
- 2 plums

Dinner:
- 2 eggs
- fruit smoothie with 2 bananas, handful of mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries), and small handful of walnuts

I believe that red meat & eggs are a potent combination for restoring my body back to its non-POIS state and into the thriving state that would normally only be achieved through abstience (3-9+ days). I have recorded what I have eaten today incase other foods are responsible for a recognizable shift in recovery.

Yesterday I released once at night-time, and day before released twice at night-time for histamine experiment. Today I was noticably depleted and abiding in what I call a depleted POIS state. My experience comprises of the symptoms described in "frequent releases" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. Today in the late afternoon/early evening, I experienced a distinct shift into a state that I only seemingly experience after 3-6+ days of abstience, experience is described in "abstience" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. I believe the potent combination of eggs & red meat is responsible.

When I added eggs back into my diet after a long exclusion, I noticed an enormous improvement in energy levels & POIS recovery - I was still eating red meat at the time & that wasnt enough for my energy levels. I noticed the exact same phenomena happen with red meat. I excluded red meat (and meat in general really) for a few weeks, mostly due to a histamine experiment (many meats are aged) I was undertaking, and when I reintroduced it, I noticed another significant improvement in energy levels and libido. Just eating eggs on their own don't seem as potent when eating them with red meat, and the same can be said for eating red meat on its own - its a lot better when combining it with eggs.

So, I believe that many who experience improvement in their POIS from eggs, should consider combining it with red meat. I believe the nutrients are significantly synergistic, and play a key role in my POIS recovery. I believe I have now nailed my POIS recovery down to 1 day, where my symptoms on day 1 are still relatively low, described in "frequent releases" part of that post linked earlier.

The big picture lesson here is how important nutrition is for POIS recovery. Ultimately food is medicine. I no longer prescribe to any diet ideology or restrictions apart from gluten-free. Gluten/wheat-free is an absolute must for my POIS. Apart from that, I follow the principle of "just eat real food (JERF)" focusing on quality, variety, and intuitive eating. Red meat & eggs seem to be especially effective for my POIS recovery. Also, there would be many nutrients within the red meat and eggs that rely on other nutrients to work, another reason why JERF / an incredibly nutritious diet is important for POIS recovery.

Its possible.. do you still feel those improvements ??

Warrior

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2023, 04:13:21 AM »

19/02/23 Food Diary:
Breaky:
- 3 eggs

Lunch snack:
- 2 bananas
- handful of walnuts

Late lunch coffee:

Early evening snack:
- 2 plums

Dinner:
- 2 eggs

Its possible.. do you still feel those improvements ??

Absolutely. Red meat & eggs are now staples. They definitely improve my POIS overall. Night & day difference without them.
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Hopeoneday

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2023, 05:14:04 AM »
Iron???
Dr-pois.

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2023, 03:26:25 AM »
Looks like eggs are making me tired recently. I will stop eating them for a while. Google for "eggs make me tired".

Is it only in hay fever season? Normally eggs are good for me.

Sulfur Intolerance?

I loved reading this book: The Devil In The Garlic

EDIT: or the copper? https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg47053#msg47053

Bulbo

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2023, 09:02:28 PM »

I think POIS is related to Cholesterol…

Nightly, I have been taking Crestor for years for cholesterol, haven’t seen any POIS correlation, before/after Crestor-years.

Also, I’ve always been an everyday
egg-lover (2-3 daily).

Not sure if this is helpful…

Hmm.. once we have reached a certain age , doctors start us on statins. They do this to prevent further Heart attack and stroke. I think we should continue statins at older age but also improve our cholesterol intake

Bulbo

« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2023, 09:08:36 PM »
I've discovered the exact opposite. Anything with choline (food or supplementwise) causes problems for me as I have low AChE (acetylcholinesterase) which actually may be a common cause of POIS.  Low AChE is much less common that normal/high AChE is the general population.

Hello... I have experienced that supplements aggravate brain fog. I think this is not because of the supplements, rather its because of POIS. Our nerves are highly reactive to supplements. Initally i used to experience brain fog with simple medicines like cetrizine, CPM. But now i dont get brain fog with above drugs.

Bulbo

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2023, 09:19:50 PM »
Hello everyone.
Now i days i eat 4 eggs a day but i dont eat meat. I frequently check my cholesterol levels. Total cholesterol is between 190 to 200 mg/dl. I am feeling significant improvement from POIS. Cure takes time. But i think eggs and cholesterol is the solution.

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2023, 04:13:23 AM »
Congrats :-) They are definitely yummy and nutritious.
I recommend putting soy sauce instead of salt, makes the taste even nicer.

Quack

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2023, 01:24:43 PM »
Unfortunately, I am highly allergic to eggs. Could this somehow be related to POIS?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2023, 02:54:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I am highly allergic to eggs. Could this somehow be related to POIS?
It's possible. I'm sensitive to egg white. Egg yolks, however, are no problem for me.