Author Topic: Eggs for POIS  (Read 59766 times)

dizzy

Re: Eggs for POIS
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2019, 04:52:26 PM »
The strange thing is that often stuff like Betaine HCl and bile acid factors make me feel better ... for a day; then they stop working. Therefore, I've dismissed the whole stomach acid theory, but perhaps somehow there is still a truth behind it.

Anyway, I've been increasing my intake of protein shakes and bars lately, and I do feel better overall, but it's only a small improvement and could be caused by other things.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:55:57 PM by dizzy »
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

Wolf berry

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2019, 08:56:01 PM »
Hi guys .... it is a long time since i have posted in this forum....its been 23 months 24 days since i started eating eggs daily... i have been eating 2 eggs daily.... but for the past 20 days i reduced it to one egg per day....Still POIS lasts for 2 days.... but day by day i am becoming more calm, understanding my strengths and weakness, very optimistic in life, no angry outbursts, increasing energy levels.....i hope pois goes away... will keep u updated about my experiences

If eating eggs help your pois symptons i suggested you to try Lamb meat, Beef, Crickets , chicken, Crab, lobster, oyster, Prawn basically Heavy protein diet..

All the best, Wolf berry

Bulbo

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 01:35:56 AM »
Thanks wolf berry.... i will try ur suggestions

Bulbo

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »
Hello everyone...
I would like to post my experience with 2 egg intake daily. Its been 6 yrs since i started to eat 2 eggs daily. MY POIS was a type in which brain fog never goes away. Everyday i was like a zombie with deepest brain fog aggravated by orgasm. I misunderstood and fought with everyone in my life including my dearest parents. My parents had to spend countless days worrying about me. I tortured them a lot. I never understood them. Unfortunately my father passed away 5 yrs back. I am deeply shocked to realize that i couldnt make my father happy when he was alive. My father who shed his blood and sweat so that i may have a good life. I feel helpless in thinking that i can never make him happy. I really wish i could see him again.
          Once i started taking eggs daily, my brain fog started to clear mildly, after sometime i understood the meaning of brain fog because in the past i had brain fog everyday. Then i realized my pois duration was 7 days, but it would fluctuate from 8 days to 11 days. As months went by little by little i started to understand people but still i would hit ground zero whenever i had orgasm. Finally 4 months back my pois duration became 11 hrs and after 2 months it became 2 hours. Later it would still fluctuate to 1 day to 1 day 15 hrs. But never have i reached the 2 hour mark in my life.
I think there is hope.
          I feel very happy and humble to share my experience with everyone. Never had i any hope in my life, but now i am starting to see tiny glimpses of ray in my life.
Dont give up hope guys.
From my life, what i have learnt is love your parents because no one in life will love you more than your parents.  Love your parents and treat them well with loving care, for you will know their value, when u see their empty chair. Above all morality is important in life. If u r rich or poor, life is worthless without morales.
Thank you everyone.

BoneBroth

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2020, 04:42:57 AM »
That are very beautiful and true words. I'm sorry for your father's death. My pois is still striking me for 7-11 days, but I'm on a protocol for leaky gut now. I believe eggs contains the raw material for many anti-inflammatory hormones. Egg yolk (not the white) is a known testosterone booster and I made a thread about "How to increase testosterone naturally". I think its the inflammatory substances involved with pois that is causing leaky gut and then the leaky gut cause auto-immune symptoms which cause breakdown of the connective tissue and skin issues (And diagnoses like Lupus/SLE). I've started to eat 4 egg yolks a day in my breakfast at the same time I'm working to heal the leaky gut with a broad spectrum of tools. maybe I should do a post on that matter too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:44:38 AM by BoneBroth »

Bulbo

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
That are very beautiful and true words. I'm sorry for your father's death. My pois is still striking me for 7-11 days, but I'm on a protocol for leaky gut now. I believe eggs contains the raw material for many anti-inflammatory hormones. Egg yolk (not the white) is a known testosterone booster and I made a thread about "How to increase testosterone naturally". I think its the inflammatory substances involved with pois that is causing leaky gut and then the leaky gut cause auto-immune symptoms which cause breakdown of the connective tissue and skin issues (And diagnoses like Lupus/SLE). I've started to eat 4 egg yolks a day in my breakfast at the same time I'm working to heal the leaky gut with a broad spectrum of tools. maybe I should do a post on that matter too.
Hi bone broth
Thank you for your kind words. I think the main reason behind POIS is very low cholesterol transport into brain, thus would in turn affect myelination of nerves and nerve transmission. I think the eggs work because it supplements cholesterol to the body.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »
I think the main reason behind POIS is very low cholesterol transport into brain, thus would in turn affect myelination of nerves and nerve transmission. I think the eggs work because it supplements cholesterol to the body.

And it's a precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.

BoneBroth

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2020, 05:28:57 PM »
Cholesterol is the building block of all hormones. Egg white contains no cholesterol but the yellow egg yolk contains all of the egg's fat and cholesterol, and nearly half of the protein. Both egg yolks and egg whites contain proteins that can cause allergies, but allergy to egg whites is most common and I was tested allergic to egg whites so I just eat the yolk.

Such an intolerance most commonly leads to gastrointestinal upset, such as abdominal bloating, diarrhea or Atopic dermatitis.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:31:18 PM by BoneBroth »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2020, 06:17:07 PM »
Nice words Bulbo, i feell sorry for your father death.
I think in your case it si related to
mising nutrinets like choline, vitamine b12,
nutrients for nerwe demyelination of nerwes, and neurotransmiting.
Dr-pois.

Bulbo

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2020, 07:51:26 PM »
I think the main reason behind POIS is very low cholesterol transport into brain, thus would in turn affect myelination of nerves and nerve transmission. I think the eggs work because it supplements cholesterol to the body.

And it's a precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Yes, i think so

Bulbo

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »
Nice words Bulbo, i feell sorry for your father death.
I think in your case it si related to
mising nutrinets like choline, vitamine b12,
nutrients for nerwe demyelination of nerwes, and neurotransmiting.
Hi Hopeoneday
Thank you for your kind words. Yes you are right

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2021, 02:21:01 PM »
One thing which was not mentioned before in this thread:

Egg yolks are one of the best sources for Biotin (Vitamin B7), especially one of the easiest to eat!

Note: Uncooked egg white can bind (e.g. destroy) the biotin to make it not bioavailable. So eat either only the yolks or cook/fry your egg. Might also be good to not overcook/overfry but I have not investigated that.

Biotin thread: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2763.0

As mentioned before in the thread, non-industrial eggs are best also for the fat they contain (plus, you give the chicken a better life)

In general I can really see a difference in my daily life when I've eaten eggs and when I have not. I remember sometimes I was even craving them raw.
Your thread and my two genetic mutations related to eggs have convinced me that I also need to fix myself to eat at least two per day.
Thank you.

BoneBroth

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »

My hypothesis is that the excess cortisol (due to POIS inflammation) is breaking down connective tissue, including myelin and nerve protecting layers. At the same time testosterone is low which halts the rebuilding process. Connective tissue can can grow back with building materials from cholesterol - mother of all hormones. For this to work the inflammation must kept low. This means no POIS and intestine-friendly food for some time.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2021, 03:06:08 PM »
I think eggs are a good source for cholesterol and proteins... Neuron are made of cholesterol derivatives and proteins.
I started eating eggs after reading Gcrisp's post on naked scientists forum....He acquired pois at 50 yrs of age after being put on statins which lower blood cholesterol.He reported that he felt better after starting eggs. Therefore i think cholesterol supplementation is the mechanism behind eggs.

One way statins could be responsible for a CFS-like development.
Statins protect against cardiovascular-related mortality but induce skeletal muscle toxicity. To investigate mechanisms of statins, we tested the hypothesis that statins optimized cardiac mitochondrial function but impaired vulnerable skeletal muscle by inducing different level of reactive oxygen species (ROS).
In atrium of patients treated with statins, ROS production was decreased and oxidative capacities were enhanced together with an extensive augmentation of mRNAs expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator (PGC-1) family. However, in deltoid biopsies from patients with statin-induced muscular myopathy, oxidative capacities were decreased together with ROS increase and a collapse of PGC-1 mRNA expression. Several animal and cell culture experiments were conducted and showed by using ROS scavengers that ROS production was the triggering factor responsible of atorvastatin-induced activation of mitochondrial biogenesis pathway and improvement of antioxidant capacities in heart. Conversely, in skeletal muscle, the large augmentation of ROS production following treatment induced mitochondrial impairments, and reduced mitochondrial biogenesis mechanisms. Quercetin, an antioxidant molecule, was able to counteract skeletal muscle deleterious effects of atorvastatin in rat.

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/33/11/1397/547156?login=true

It may be true that eggs are a good source of biotin.

Egg yolks are one of the best sources for Biotin (Vitamin B7), especially one of the easiest to eat!

Note: Uncooked egg white can bind (e.g. destroy) the biotin to make it not bioavailable. So eat either only the yolks or cook/fry your egg. Might also be good to not overcook/overfry but I have not investigated that.

As mentioned before in the thread, non-industrial eggs are best also for the fat they contain (plus, you give the chicken a better life)

In general I can really see a difference in my daily life when I've eaten eggs and when I have not. I remember sometimes I was even craving them raw.
Your thread and my two genetic mutations related to eggs have convinced me that I also need to fix myself to eat at least two per day.
Thank you.

As mentioned egg whites also contain avidin and consuming a large amount may actually lead to biotin deficiency.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3733.msg39654#msg39654

Signs of frank biotin deficiency may be observed in individuals with deficiencies in biotin, HLCS, and biotinidase and in individuals consuming large amounts of raw egg white; the biotin-binding protein avidin in raw egg white causes a substantial decrease in the bioavailability of biotin.
Based on the observation that HLCS and biotinidase deficiency patients are treated with pharmacological doses of biotin for their entire life with no apparent signs of toxicity, one can assume with reasonable confidence that the toxicity of biotin is very low.

https://academic.oup.com/advances/article/3/2/213/4644561?login=true

Biotin decreases PGC-1a and biotinidase gene expression!
The abundance of PGC-1a mRNA was markedly increased in the STZ diabetic rats, as compared to the normal rats (>5 times). PGC-1a is a common transcriptional coactivator of GR, HNF4a and FoxO1, and accomplishes the key function of the increased expression of gluconeogenic enzymes in the liver.
The PGC-1a mRNA level was significantly decreased by the biotin administration. Although the PGC-1a protein level did not change within 3 h after biotin administration, a long-term biotin treatment might lead to a reduction in the PGC-1a protein level. PGC-1a is one of the therapeutic targets for improving the diabetic condition; thus, the influence of biotin on PGC-1a gene expression should be analyzed in greater detail by further experiments.
We discovered in this experiment that the mRNA levels of at least 6 genes (PCK1, G6PC, HNF4a, PGC-1a, biotinidase, and PCCA) were significantly decreased by the biotin administration.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/advpub/0/advpub_70781/_pdf
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:15:59 PM by Progecitor »
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

mike_sweden

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2021, 01:45:50 AM »
I now eat 1 egg per meal, so 2-3 per day. Think its good.

BoneBroth

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
Normally it is good with egg (echological, free range), but the egg white is allergenic for the intestines.

Bulbo

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2021, 03:57:25 AM »

Thank you.

I think its mostly related to cholesterol and its derivatives because thr are some diseases whr body produces low cholesterol. Eggs alone have helped me.

Bulbo

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2021, 04:00:02 AM »

My hypothesis is that the excess cortisol (due to POIS inflammation) is breaking down connective tissue, including myelin and nerve protecting layers. At the same time testosterone is low which halts the rebuilding process. Connective tissue can can grow back with building materials from cholesterol - mother of all hormones. For this to work the inflammation must kept low. This means no POIS and intestine-friendly food for some time.
Hello Bonebroth
If thr is inflammation in our body, thr are many markers which can show the presence of inflammation like ESR, CRP. My levels are low to normal. I think POIS is about low cholesterol and its derivatives within brain and cholesterol and its derivatives are very important for proper neural function

Bulbo

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2021, 04:15:51 AM »
I now eat 1 egg per meal, so 2-3 per day. Think its good.
Hello mike sweden
You need to check your cholesterol level initially. If its normal, you can eat 2 to 3 eggs a day.. But we have to exercise daily for 30 minutes... also check your lipid profile once in 4 months. The only drawback is your libido will be high
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 05:38:09 AM by Bulbo »

Bulbo

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2021, 05:37:14 AM »
I think eggs are a good source for cholesterol and proteins... Neuron are made of cholesterol derivatives and proteins.
I started eating eggs after reading Gcrisp's post on naked scientists forum....He acquired pois at 50 yrs of age after being put on statins which lower blood cholesterol.He reported that he felt better after starting eggs. Therefore i think cholesterol supplementation is the mechanism behind eggs.

One way statins could be responsible for a CFS-like development.
Statins protect against cardiovascular-related mortality but induce skeletal muscle toxicity. To investigate mechanisms of statins, we tested the hypothesis that statins optimized cardiac mitochondrial function but impaired vulnerable skeletal muscle by inducing different level of reactive oxygen species (ROS).
In atrium of patients treated with statins, ROS production was decreased and oxidative capacities were enhanced together with an extensive augmentation of mRNAs expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma co-activator (PGC-1) family. However, in deltoid biopsies from patients with statin-induced muscular myopathy, oxidative capacities were decreased together with ROS increase and a collapse of PGC-1 mRNA expression. Several animal and cell culture experiments were conducted and showed by using ROS scavengers that ROS production was the triggering factor responsible of atorvastatin-induced activation of mitochondrial biogenesis pathway and improvement of antioxidant capacities in heart. Conversely, in skeletal muscle, the large augmentation of ROS production following treatment induced mitochondrial impairments, and reduced mitochondrial biogenesis mechanisms. Quercetin, an antioxidant molecule, was able to counteract skeletal muscle deleterious effects of atorvastatin in rat.

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/33/11/1397/547156?login=true

It may be true that eggs are a good source of biotin.

Thank you.

As mentioned egg whites also contain avidin and consuming a large amount may actually lead to biotin deficiency.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3733.msg39654#msg39654

Signs of frank biotin deficiency may be observed in individuals with deficiencies in biotin, HLCS, and biotinidase and in individuals consuming large amounts of raw egg white; the biotin-binding protein avidin in raw egg white causes a substantial decrease in the bioavailability of biotin.
Based on the observation that HLCS and biotinidase deficiency patients are treated with pharmacological doses of biotin for their entire life with no apparent signs of toxicity, one can assume with reasonable confidence that the toxicity of biotin is very low.

https://academic.oup.com/advances/article/3/2/213/4644561?login=true

Biotin decreases PGC-1a and biotinidase gene expression!
The abundance of PGC-1a mRNA was markedly increased in the STZ diabetic rats, as compared to the normal rats (>5 times). PGC-1a is a common transcriptional coactivator of GR, HNF4a and FoxO1, and accomplishes the key function of the increased expression of gluconeogenic enzymes in the liver.
The PGC-1a mRNA level was significantly decreased by the biotin administration. Although the PGC-1a protein level did not change within 3 h after biotin administration, a long-term biotin treatment might lead to a reduction in the PGC-1a protein level. PGC-1a is one of the therapeutic targets for improving the diabetic condition; thus, the influence of biotin on PGC-1a gene expression should be analyzed in greater detail by further experiments.
We discovered in this experiment that the mRNA levels of at least 6 genes (PCK1, G6PC, HNF4a, PGC-1a, biotinidase, and PCCA) were significantly decreased by the biotin administration.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/advpub/0/advpub_70781/_pdf
Hello progecitor
I think POIS is related to Cholesterol and its derivatives. Biotin deficiency has many systemic manifestations which is not seen in POIS