Author Topic: Eggs for POIS  (Read 32709 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Eggs for POIS
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2021, 01:29:14 PM »

I think POIS is related to Cholesterol…

Nightly, I have been taking Crestor for years for cholesterol, haven’t seen any POIS correlation, before/after Crestor-years.

Also, I’ve always been an everyday
egg-lover (2-3 daily).

Not sure if this is helpful…
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 01:37:45 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Bulbo

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2021, 02:36:48 AM »

I think POIS is related to Cholesterol…

Hello demografx
How long have you been taking crestor ? And can you kindly share your cholesterol levels before starting crestor ??

Thank you

Nightly, I have been taking Crestor for years for cholesterol, haven’t seen any POIS correlation, before/after Crestor-years.

Also, I’ve always been an everyday
egg-lover (2-3 daily).

Not sure if this is helpful…

Progecitor

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2021, 02:08:24 PM »
Hello progecitor
I think POIS is related to Cholesterol and its derivatives. Biotin deficiency has many systemic manifestations which is not seen in POIS

I haven't stated that biotin deficiency is the root of POIS. I only wanted to say that biotin is most likely involved in the disease. In my case taking a biotin capsule actually makes me really ill as if I just had an O. This would mean that I have an excess of the stuff. However other supplements also make me more ill, so biotin can't be the only culprit either. We also can't prove anything by eating eggs alone. If we suspect a reason at least we should verify it with a supplement like biotin or choline.

As for the matter of cholesterol my blood tests usually showed normal cholesterol levels even during acute POIS. It is true that sometimes total cholesterol was a little elevated and the ratio for LDL was higher, but it probably only reflected a dietary habit at the time. Nonetheless lipid metabolism is probably quite disturbed and likely plays a role in disease pathology. This also doesn't necessarily mean that it is the root of POIS. As far as I know it could be a downstream effect of the original cause.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 02:11:20 PM by Progecitor »

Bulbo

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
Hello progecitor
I think POIS is related to Cholesterol and its derivatives. Biotin deficiency has many systemic manifestations which is not seen in POIS

I haven't stated that biotin deficiency is the root of POIS. I only wanted to say that biotin is most likely involved in the disease. In my case taking a biotin capsule actually makes me really ill as if I just had an O. This would mean that I have an excess of the stuff. However other supplements also make me more ill, so biotin can't be the only culprit either. We also can't prove anything by eating eggs alone. If we suspect a reason at least we should verify it with a supplement like biotin or choline.

As for the matter of cholesterol my blood tests usually showed normal cholesterol levels even during acute POIS. It is true that sometimes total cholesterol was a little elevated and the ratio for LDL was higher, but it probably only reflected a dietary habit at the time. Nonetheless lipid metabolism is probably quite disturbed and likely plays a role in disease pathology. This also doesn't necessarily mean that it is the root of POIS. As far as I know it could be a downstream effect of the original cause.

Yeah... You may be right

Rollo

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2021, 04:03:25 PM »
For me eggs make POIS Symptoms worse...and also make me quite horny causing NEs.
Cholin might just be one of multiple factors required for sperm production and while it helps some people that lack it to replenish sperm after orgasm it exhausts the reserves of something else even more by increasing sperm production for others