Author Topic: Got Cured  (Read 53611 times)

Rollo

Re: Got Cured
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2021, 04:17:07 AM »

You could be lacking Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium and your Sodium intake unrevealed those problems

Taurine might be an idea aswell since it helps regulate those. I am currently experimenting with higher doses of it (around 4g). Lower doses showed no effect whatsoever, even if i would take up to 5g split across the day but those high doses seem to kick me out of the majority of my POIS-symptoms within 15 minutes...i will keep you updated once i get reliable results. Another interesting sideeffect is that my digestion massively improves because of it...probably because taurine boosts the production of bile.

kid_

• MM group
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2021, 12:37:33 PM »
As long as I took the daily collagen POIS was reduced 90%. But the hair loss sped up significantly and I was slightly depressed

I think you follow a paleo diet. Have you tried reducing your salt intake to a dramatic level? Once I reduced my salt intake dramatically about for 3 days till my food tasted bland, my hair Loss stopped dramatically.
I also was doing a vegan diet at the time, but I believe that had nothing to do with it. It was only the reduction in salt that fixed the hair loss.
You could be lacking Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium and your Sodium intake unrevealed those problems

Thanks for the tipp! Tried it for a week without effect though. By accident tried Cassava flour/tortillas and they quite remarkably split my nightly hairfall into half/thirds if anyone is interested. Maybe because of the resistant starch?

In general: I might not be able to eat 2 pizzas and have an O without feeling bad, but I am on the right and compounded antihistamines now and with proper dieting and discipline I can have an O every ~2 weeks, when my baseline histamine levels have settled again, without problems.

Apparantly my MCAS is genetic and it's pretty obvious to me that my father has it as well when I watch his reactions to alcohol or sunlight...

lw

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2021, 02:45:57 AM »
I no longer have POIS. Food pois is also disappearing.
Only problem I have is sleep problems.
Even slightest lack of sleep makes me dizzy and nervous but this will also go away I think.

lw

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2021, 03:06:42 AM »
Here is my guide:
First I went to gastroenterologist who diagnosed me with IBS, gastritis and colitis. He proscribed me many-many types of medications more than 20 I think.
I still had my POIS and food POIS. After sixth visit he told me I needed to go to Neurologist.
Instead I went to psychiatrist.
I started with Rexepi Combi for 2 months. I still had POIS but anxiety was diminishing.
Also I was doing Wim Hof breaths in the morning and cold showers before sleep.
After Rexepi Combi my psychiatrist proscribed Zolafren and Venlaxor.
I think Venlaxor is what worked the most.
In one month he changed Zolafren with Eglonil. My mood improved, my cognitive abilities started to restore.
I still need some improvements but life's beginning to feel great again.
If anyone has questions please feel free to ask

lw

« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2021, 10:48:44 AM »
My story:
I think some of you might benefit from listening my story.
I've always been nervous and anxious child. I've been bullied at school. My parents used to argue with each other.
I didn't have active lifestyle and mostly I enjoyed reading books and playing video games.
After I discovered masturbation I couldn't stop. I fapped everyday, two and three times but wasn't much of a problem. Yes my mood would change but it was normal, until I started masturbation before sleep.
I would get nervous that I wouldn't get enough sleep. I always had sleep issues. When I got wet dreams sometimes I wouldn't change my underpants and once I went in school with sperm in my pants. I was worried that I would stink and I've been made fun of.
Than I was dating a cute girl and before date I would get NE. I was becoming more and more angry and nervous and I think that developed into POIS.
The day this girl told me she was leaving me became one of the worst day in terms of POIS. From 1 day of pois it went into 5 days of POIS.

Please if you have a similar story, tell me :)
Good luck all, I really hope you'll do well.

Write me for any questions as my POIS has disappeared. I still have depression-like symptoms and general fatigue but It'll be cured too I hope.

hapl

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2021, 12:34:42 PM »
Glad you found something that worked for you.

I do think there are many different types and causes of POIS. None of that really rings true for me personally. Pretty successful at school, a bit of a perfectionist but not a vert anxious person. I don't think I was ever obsessed with masturbation like that. Never experienced NE. Symptoms came on gradually over a period of many years - maybe a decade. Other issues with fatigue as well, but no depression.

Possibly these stories can help people as there may be something pharmaceutical that is helping, or possibly it's just learning how to cope (through mindfulness, medication, etc) with various mental and emotional triggers.

I hope it helps some other people, but I don't think it's a solution for everyone. The various protocols to trigger immune function (nanna1, etc) have given me the best results so far, but I think there's more to develop there.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2021, 03:05:37 PM »
Hmmm 4 people said their POIS got cured from Amoxcillin, Copied from Phoenixrising forum on how to lower glutamate levels from amoxicillin:

(3) This third approach is more experimental, but high brain levels of glutamate can also be caused by a down-regulation of the activity of the GLT-1 glutamate transporter, which is responsible for removing most (90%) of the excess glutamate from the brain.

Indeed, one study found that as activated microglia start pumping out glutamate into the brain, unexpectedly, glutamate transporter functioning is simultaneously down-regulated, which only further exacerbates the glutamate build up in the brain. 1

So if the aim is to reduce brain glutamate levels, it may be a good strategy to ramp up the glutamate transporters, which pump glutamate out of the extracellular spaces of the brain.

To boost glutamate transporter function, the antibiotic amoxicillin at a dose of 2000 mg twice daily is very effective. Amoxicillin can increase glutamate transporter expression by over 500% in a matter of days — see this post about amoxicillin and glutamate uptake for more details.

A list of glutamate transporter boosters is given here.

I found amoxicillin 2000 mg twice daily had a noticeable calming effect on the mind, though it takes two or three days before these calming effects manifest (because it takes a little while for amoxicillin to increase the number of glutamate transporters in your brain).

The glutamate transporter boosting effects of beta-lactam antibiotics such as amoxicillin and ceftriaxone are being investigated for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and alcohol dependence, both of which involve glutamate. 1 2
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 03:10:04 PM by Iwillbeatthis »

lw

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2021, 05:07:24 AM »
Crying after orgasm somehow improves condition. It's odd

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2021, 11:08:26 AM »

Crying after orgasm somehow improves condition. It's odd

Interesting. Similar to my POIS when accompanied before or after by emotional overreactions, especially high anxiety.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:58:07 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Rollo

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
High anxiety or rather high stress has reduced my symptoms occasionally aswell now that you mention it...

lw

« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2021, 03:16:08 PM »
I no longer have pois. I went from 5 day hell to this.

Best recommendation I would give is:

start with
1) Antibiotic course + Probiotics + Simethicones
Then
2) Antidepressants + noradrenaline inhibitors (VENLAXOR was it for me)
3) Wim Hof breathing every morning three rounds.
    Cold Shower at night.
4) Expressing emotions.

Good Luck.

lw

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
Screaming, crying and expressing sadness and frustration definitely reduces symptoms.
Can anyone confirm?

M.F.M

« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
Its quite impossible for me to be able to articulate how i feel during brain fog

Clues

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2021, 06:40:04 AM »
Screaming, crying and expressing sadness and frustration definitely reduces symptoms.
Can anyone confirm?

I'm currently doing Wim Hof and sometimes spontaneously cry a little bit while doing the horse stance. Not sure if it helps, but it feels really good.

lw

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2021, 03:22:23 PM »
Can anyone confirm?

I'm currently doing Wim Hof and sometimes spontaneously cry a little bit while doing the horse stance. Not sure if it helps, but it feels really good.

Could you tell us further what your Wim Hof routine includes?

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
Ideally, let's keep the Wim Hof discussion in the dedicated thread: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3214.0

Clues

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2021, 02:03:16 AM »
Could you tell us further what your Wim Hof routine includes?

Of course, posted my routine in the Wim Hof thread. :)

mike_sweden

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2021, 02:07:07 PM »
Can anyone confirm?

i would think so to

i have so much frustration built up its insane

lw

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
Breathing like it's panic attack also helps. It's weird but I'm starting to think POIS is kind of emotions not expressed, mostly anxiety and sadness.

IronFeather

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »
Breathing like it's panic attack also helps. It's weird but I'm starting to think POIS is kind of emotions not expressed, mostly anxiety and sadness.

Yeah sure, ideas like these help us a lot... come on, man. After all the times when doctors have dismissed us thinking we were crazy hypocondriacs with psychological issues, after how hard we've fought to be taken seriously, now you say this? POIS is not psychological in any way. I've almost died from it, with a 104F (40C) fever. Crying and taking psychiatric drugs stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system, it doesn't prove that our issue is psychological in any way. I can't believe anybody would believe that it is.

By the way, breathing like you said (diaphragmatic breathing) stimulates the vagus nerve, which is what I personally think is malfunctioning in us. Same with the Wim Hof method. And the vagus nerve has a feedback loop with gut bacteria, which could be why you improved so much with your treatment.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:59:57 AM by IronFeather »
26-year-old Spanish woman with POIS symptoms for the last 13 years.
Suffering from exercise intolerance since April 2020.
My case thread, with medical tests results.