Author Topic: Got Cured  (Read 77889 times)

Iwillbeatthis

Re: Got Cured
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »
It did and the first week (of 2 now) were pretty POISy - non-stop brain fog, no energy and the vivid-to-nightmarish dreams. But a) my hair loss stopped shortly and b) I've read online that it should be taken 4-6 weeks for it to work. Recommended daily amount is probably 10-15g.

This one
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B071L1MJ9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should probably research it yourself beforehand as well
Types 1,2,3

I tried collagen a few years ago but it was also giving me brain fog and messing up my speech especially so I never took for longer than a day, maybe I should revisit it...

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2021, 06:56:42 PM »
I tried collagen a few years ago but it was also giving me brain fog and messing up my speech especially so I never took for longer than a day, maybe I should revisit it...

Yeah I tried 5g of collagen tonight and it still gives me bad brain fog and also rashes on my thumbs  (not sure if mast cell or viral) , I get this unique rash a lot when I react to other stuff as well. Not sure if I could handle two weeks of this collagen but maybe its worth it if you say you're cured.

I do remember when I tried Sarcosine (a byproduct in glycine synthesis) also gave me a similar fog but I stopped that due to prostate cancer risks from sarcosine.

L lysine also gives really bad brain fog also on the day I take it however the day after taking I do remember I was feeling much better in the brain than before I took it.

I tried glucosamine sulfate recently to try and rebuild the bladder tissue and it also gives me brain fog.......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:02:54 PM by Iwillbeatthis »

kid_

• MM group
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2021, 04:04:45 AM »
Also had an occasional but minor rash. I still feel like the fact that collagen gives similar symptoms to POIS makes it very interesting.
Honestly, you get brain fog anyway with POIS, why not have it one last time. And that's why I take such a big dose every day in order to get through the brain fog phase quicker.
Would be cool if anyone else could try it out for a couple weeks as well and has the same experience.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2021, 06:02:35 AM »
Also had an occasional but minor rash. I still feel like the fact that collagen gives similar symptoms to POIS makes it very interesting.
Honestly, you get brain fog anyway with POIS, why not have it one last time. And that's why I take such a big dose every day in order to get through the brain fog phase quicker.
Would be cool if anyone else could try it out for a couple weeks as well and has the same experience.

I found out now collagen has high histamine and also it can convert into oxalates so thats probably were the problem lies. I read someones experience on the mold toxicity fb group with it and they said they took for three weeks and it was the worst flare they've ever had and it set them back a year in progress. So after how long specifically did you start feeling good from it?

I do abstain from ejaculation a lot so I'm not constantly in POIS state and I have things I need to get done in my life.

kid_

• MM group
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2021, 07:00:10 AM »
Fair enough
7-10 days

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2021, 07:32:55 AM »
Fair enough
7-10 days
Ok thanks I might try it out need to have a think about it

I did wake up today feeling hangover it must have been from collagen, same thing happened to me when I tried l glutamine.

Clues

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2021, 08:09:52 AM »
kid_, thanks for your report on collagen. I think I'll give it a try when my schedule allows. (In case of bad brain fog.)

Hopeoneday

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2021, 08:18:10 AM »
Colagen can play role in gluthation incriese, gut repair to, Kid i think you could hawe benefit from NAC to...(glycine, n achetyl-cysteine)
Dr-pois.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
Yeah I tried 5g of collagen tonight [...]

While your experience sounds like something happening immediately, I want to make a general comment:
If I take something after 18:00, I very often get problems from it in the next morning.
E.g. headache, pain in the body.
My theory is this is related to either bacterial fermentation or some things not detoxed properly by the body (no metabolism in night and no movement/drinking) (e.g. uric acid from protein or dead bacteria or whatever)

So when taking a new supplement or food, I always try to have it in mornings instead.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »
My theory is this is related to either bacterial fermentation or some things not detoxed properly by the body (no metabolism in night and no movement/drinking) (e.g. uric acid from protein or dead bacteria or whatever)

So when taking a new supplement or food, I always try to have it in mornings instead.

Interesting, I still haven't recovered from the collagen even nearly a day later I will not take more atm because I have important things I need to do like my tax return which when I'm feeling normal I already feel overwhelmed by.

I have a few different types of brain fog that have a different feeling for each
for example :
Brain feels inflamed/ painful in the morning/ infection feeling in the brain this is oxidative stress for me : Sulforaphane with wasabi, NAC, arginine get rid of it for me

Then I have a more neurological brain fog feeling doesn't feel infected - this is from POIS, showers, high gi foods

Then excess histamine brain fog from high histamine foods, collagen this brain fog feeling is pretty similar if not the same to the neurological pois brain fog, i guess shower is histamine tbh.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »
I have a few different types of brain fog that have a different feeling for each
for example :

Those all sound relevant :-)

What I can add for myself personally I think is a "Depleted neurotransmitters" brainfog where taking Tyrosine, Choline, TMG, ..., good fats/protein help.
(That's where my association with eggs and amino acids came from in my post above)

What I also find interesting is when "forced daytime sleep" (demografx's words) helps. Just a powernap in afternoon for 10-20 minutes on the day after makes me feel like a different (better) person. What can the body do where such a short time nap helps!?

swell

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »
Healing?  Like a beaten up automobile, where you give it a little break, and it helps.

What can the body do where such a short time nap helps!?
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

lw

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2021, 11:47:47 AM »
I don't want to generalize anything but I think reading this
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplification_(psychology)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatization

might help some people on this forum.

I'm not saying that POIS is psychological. BUT it has some psychological connections (many poisers have ocd for example).

hapl

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »
I think psychological help can support people with any chronic illness - and plenty of non-chronic illnesses. I'm very glad it was helpful for you.

That said, like many people I think you have a bias based on your own experience. This is why medicine is not practiced with n=1. We see things through our own lenses. I have no history of OCD, mental or emotional trauma, shame, etc. Most of my problems (POIS and other ones) occurred after a serious infection acquired overseas.

I've seen people push the same narrative for the myriad of people suffering from long Covid. Maybe it's somatic? This is common - when medicine doesn't understand something, they prefer to call it somatic rather than idiopathic.

I do appreciate that you said it may help 'some' people on this forum, as that is undoubtedly true.

lw

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »

I am not basing my presumtion on n=1
you can check yourself that OCD is pretty common with poisers
Here:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3188.15

lw

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
My pois is completely gone. The drug I used was REXEPI COMBI which is local drug I think. It's not antidepressant, It's mainly used on Anxiety/PTSD/OCD etc.
I strongly advice checking in with Psychiatrist. POIS is real, and it can be cured.

Good Luck  :)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2021, 10:08:59 AM »
My pois is completely gone. The drug I used was REXEPI COMBI which is local drug I think. It's not antidepressant, It's mainly used on Anxiety/PTSD/OCD etc.
I strongly advice checking in with Psychiatrist. POIS is real, and it can be cured.

Good Luck  :)

WHAT IS REXEPI COMBI?

Fluoxetine (Rexepi Combi) is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Olanzapine (Rexepi Combi) is an antipsychotic medication. These drugs affect chemicals in the brain.

Rexepi Combi is a combination medicine used to treat depression caused by bipolar disorder (manic depression). Rexepi Combi is also used to treat depression after at least 2 other medications have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.

Rexepi Combi may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

More: https://www.ndrugs.com/?s=rexepi%20combi

Antipsychotic...What dose did you use and when did it start taking effect?

Your name is on this list: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3551.0
Should I add Rexepi to it or replace it?

lw

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »
25 mg. In one month. Before starting Rexepi I fixed my gut and I was on antibiotics. That might have also helped.

BoneBroth

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2021, 04:50:49 PM »
Before starting Rexepi I fixed my gut and I was on antibiotics. That might have also helped.

That might have been the major measure.

lw

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2021, 07:16:59 AM »
simethicones also help with symptoms