Author Topic: Muon's Case  (Read 64654 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Muon's Case
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2021, 04:05:50 PM »
My older brother (not the POIS one, age: 41) starts to develop memory problems and fatigue.
Do you think that there is any common genomic link with you and your other brother having POIS, and that in his case, it would be a late-onset, and not related directly to sexual activity?

That's the reason I'm making this note. Too early to draw this conclusion but I have it on my mind yes. Time will tell. He blames the fatigue on his recent dietary switch, namely, eating less carbs and more fat.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2021, 07:54:57 PM »
Low grade chronic stress affects center of head. Body gets stiffer. Harder to move.

Muscle rigidity is asymmetric.
https://www.pharmacologicalsciences.us/respiratory-depression/opioids-and-muscular-rigidity.html

"While in Parkinson's disease, increased muscle tone is induced by decrease of dopamin-ergic neurons in the striatum, opioid-induced rigidity is due to an enhanced degradation of the transmitter dopamine resulting in a functional deficit of a sufficient level in the nigro-striatal pathway"

"Within the striatum there is a dense accumulation of opioid binding sites, which interact with dopaminergic D2-receptors."

My younger brother told me that dopaminergic meds that raises his prolactin level makes his sexual trigger symptoms worse. This could indicate low dopamine levels.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 07:58:41 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2021, 08:56:04 AM »
Tried Quercetin Phytosome for short term (~20 days), not so much for POIS but for general well-being, although had O's while the stuff was in the blood. 500 mg/day in the morning and sometimes an additional 250 mg in the evening. Could try higher dose in the future. No effect at all. My mother uses it but has no effect on her while neuroprotek did.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2021, 09:32:55 PM »
My mother uses it but has no effect on her while neuroprotek did.
After 60 days on 500mg QuePhyto a day she noticed a difference. Reduced pain in leg and reduced anxiety.

My older brother stopped taking quetiapine. He takes 4 drops of 5% CBD oil Jacob Hooy for his insomnia which turns out to be helpful…at least for now.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »
I wonder if POIS is related to some sort of mucosal mast cell - vagus nerve - brain stem axis.