Author Topic: Muon's Case  (Read 167703 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Muon's Case
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2024, 12:11:57 PM »
Hi Muon,

Have you tried high dose D3, like getting serum to at least 70ng/mL? And have you tried direct glutathione supplementation or NAC?

No I take at least 2000 IU per day. Have tried liposomal NAC 1200 mg plus 500 mg liposomal Glutathione per day for less than 2 weeks. I feel it interferes slightly with middle of brain but does not translate to relieve of other symptoms, I have not tried a long term trial. High dose D3 could be an option.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2755.msg49170#msg49170

This helped me 11 years ago with POTS. I needed to induce a pump. Big muscles groups like quadriceps are most effective. Effect starts immediately after session and takes an hour to buildup to almost fully resist gravity again for about half a day. I was prone to injuries because the body didn't recover fast enough. I needed these exercises everyday during a summer, the heat increased POTS symptoms and had to counter it by strength training (with an inflamed and not fully functioning body). At the end of summer I had injuries but survived the summer. Most exercises were done in a horizontal position.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 12:34:28 PM by Muon »

Warrior

« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2024, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi Muon,

Have you tried high dose D3, like getting serum to at least 70ng/mL? And have you tried direct glutathione supplementation or NAC?

No I take at least 2000 IU per day. Have tried liposomal NAC 1200 mg plus 500 mg liposomal Glutathione per day for less than 2 weeks. I feel it interferes slightly with middle of brain but does not translate to relieve of other symptoms, I have not tried a long term trial. High dose D3 could be an option.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2755.msg49170#msg49170

This helped me 11 years ago with POTS. I needed to induce a pump. Big muscles groups like quadriceps are most effective. Effect starts immediately after session and takes an hour to buildup to almost fully resist gravity again for about half a day. I was prone to injuries because the body didn't recover fast enough. I needed these exercises everyday during a summer, the heat increased POTS symptoms and had to counter it by strength training (with an inflamed and not fully functioning body). At the end of summer I had injuries but survived the summer. Most exercises were done in a horizontal position.

You might be interested in exploring high dose D3. This D3 wiki outlines different serum levels that work best for different conditions. The website basically summarises all of the D3 research and plots the different expert recommended serum levels to a graph. Really fascinating stuff. I think if you can control the main safety concerns (magnesium depletion as you mentioned on my thread & hypercalcemia with adequate K2), as well as medical oversight and regular pathology testing, I think it's hugely beneficial and something to look into. I think people largely overlook the importance of the actual serum levels when it comes to D3.
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2024, 06:34:03 AM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2024, 04:45:55 AM »
I have imported Benadryl. I just noticed that it contains the inactive ingredient D&C red #27 aluminum lake. Safe in small quantities according to the FDA. What about accumulation? ::)

Had one on a day when I had an O. Thought it interfered with orgasm in the brain, was not sure. Wanting to test it further with proper timing and double dose (50mg). But then I noticed aluminum on the label. Not sure if I should continue with this.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2024, 11:27:57 AM »
I found documents about details of the event which took place two days after birth. Reason for hospital admission: Cyanosis and Apnea during breastfeeding. They also found a heart murmur which could not be detected during a second measurement. Cardiology found no deviations. "Probably caused by too much food".

Birth younger brother, reason for admission mother: postpartum fluxus in anamnesis.
Details upon departure of the maternity caregiver: Right eye (of younger brother) looks a bit inflamed. Treatment with sofamicine 3 times 1 drop per day.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 11:56:30 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2024, 07:22:26 AM »
https://www.hollandandbarrett.nl/shop/product/holland-barrett-macuna-pruriens-500mg-bevat-van-nature-25-l-dopa-60-capsules-6100003372

Just testing random stuff here and there out of POIS.
L-Tyrosine had no effect, took as much as 5 g.
Mucuna Pruriens 500 mg: no effect.
Mucuna Pruriens 1500mg: Feeling hot for a short-timed burst, after this it affected systemic tone to a more natural state (It decreased tense feeling at location of brainstem as well). The latter effect does not hold up that long (maybe less than an hour?). Need to use it more often to check for consistency.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 07:34:22 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #346 on: October 01, 2024, 02:24:54 PM »
Mucuna Pruriens 1500mg: Feeling hot for a short-timed burst, after this it affected systemic tone to a more natural state (It decreased tense feeling at location of brainstem as well). The latter effect does not hold up that long (maybe less than an hour?). Need to use it more often to check for consistency.

This effect at this dosage is not reproducable. No consistency.

I found documents about details of the event which took place two days after birth. Reason for hospital admission: Cyanosis and Apnea during breastfeeding. They also found a heart murmur which could not be detected during a second measurement. Cardiology found no deviations. "Probably caused by too much food".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_E2
"In babies there may be decreased breathing and low blood pressure"

Central apnoea and endogenous prostaglandins in neonates
https://sci-hub.se/https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1651-2227.2000.tb00766.x

"Although it is thought that the pathophysiology of central apnoeas is linked to immaturity of the respiratory system (2), the exact mechanisms leading to central apnoeas in neonates are as yet poorly understood. Central apnoea is defined as recurrent respiratory pauses of 10–20 sec duration, or shorter pauses associated with oxygen desaturation, cyanosis or hypotonia (2–4). Apnoea occurs in 23% of all premature infants (5). Up to 24% of normal full-term infants show apnoeas 10 sec in the first 4 mo of life (6)."

"Pharmacotherapy of central apnoea in neonates includes methylxanthines theophylline and caffeine (7) or doxapram. In contrast to these ventilationenhancing drugs, opioids such as fentanyl, prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) lead to central apnoeas."

"Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis by indomethacin causes stimulation of respiratory activity "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apnea_of_prematurity
"Apnea of prematurity can be readily identified from other forms of infant apnea such as obstructive apnea, hypoventilation syndromes, breathing regulation issues during feeding, and reflux associated apnea with an infant pneumogram or infant apnea/sleep study."

POTS
https://www.scivisionpub.com/pdfs/new-insight-into-the-understanding-of-the-pathophysiology-of-the-postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome-pots-and-a-description--3119.pdf
"At least one form of POTS can have a good response to dopaminergic drugs e.g., dextroamphetamine, which also corrected other associated conditions"

"The model suggests that progesterone blocks dopamine"

Female POISer:
I first managed it with Dextroamphetamine which is used for ADHD but now not even that helps and i will feel like crap for up to 10 days after sex or stressful days and exercise. I also have severe heat sensitivity after sex and feel like crap for a long time after with very little motivation.
Im a female so my progesterone naturally fluctates, but i notice during the 2 weeks that my progesterone rises i feel almost constant POIS with flu-like symptoms and fatigue. When my period starts and the 2 weeks before ovulation i feel pretty much normal with no flu symptoms and energy is pretty good most of the time.

I have posted about the relation between brain injury and elevated progesterone in the past. There is a report about omega3 treatment for POIS in the pois paper archive. Now I wonder if pois patients with high progesterone are Omega3 defficient.

TBI and sex: Crucial role of progesterone protecting the brain in an omega ? 3 deficient condition: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0014488613003701
« Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 05:16:08 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #347 on: October 11, 2024, 12:41:42 PM »
Did a blood test for 11 omega fatty acids, expecting results within 25 days. I have started taking arctic fish oil, which is send to me directly from the factory in Norway to minimalize oxidation time. I have been told it takes 4 months to replenish fatty acids within red blood cells. Will take a second PUFA test in the fifth month for comparison.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2024, 04:03:09 PM »
Personal interest in TSLP + IL-8. Cordyceps:
It behaves as a mast cell inhibitor. Using the copy function of perplexity AI:
https://www.perplexity.ai/search/how-does-cordyceps-interacts-w-VBEeYReZRgm0UK7thnu2vA