Author Topic: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)  (Read 121319 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »

P.s.  does anybody have an update, whoever is also working on diet?

Hi GLC,

I still prepare myself healthy smoothies with organic veggies and fruits, still use coconot oil, etc... 

What I have added this week is some ginger.  I read some posts last week, I think, about ginger being beneficial for some members, and stumble upon, at my current health store, on a bag of organic ginger cubes, and bought it.  I eat just a few a day, and like the taste.   

Had a release this week, and sport the same day, so usually that's hard the day after , even with pre-pack  ( without pre-pack, work would have been very hard and long day, when both sport and ejaculation the day before ).  I took other things as well, like Vitamin C, and Pine bark extract, and ginger.  Looks like ginger has a very positive effect.  Will experiment more with it.

I remember a member telling about a sushi plate helping with his POIS....was it the ginger slices that often come with sushi?...

Jalapenos are a little too hot for me !  Ginger is a bit hot for a couple minutes, but it's ok for me.  Will experiment a little bit with it.  Anyway, I like spices in general, and I like the taste of ginger, so I do not take it only as a experiment, but because I like the taste.

That is good to hear.  I tried ginger before in pill form and had massive brain fog.  I don't know if ginger outside of pill form will help, or if the pill has some other ingredient added.  I bet if I had fresh ginger it would be good, because anything in pill form or that has been processed my body sucks at handling.

Actually if you dig out the middle of a fresh jalapeno, it's not as hot as you'd expect.  I just eat the outside of the jalapeno.  Seems very beneficial so far.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

bletzer

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
Hello

Long time lurker of the forum but this is my first post. I started to have a deeper interest in this thread after I remembered that I overcame a period of terrible gastritis through implementing a gluten free diet. So for the past month I have been in a state of Ketosis, literally 0 carbs and no sugars. Guess what!? NO POIS. However as it became evident that I cannot maintain ketosis long term primarily because of the nature of my work, I began trying to reintegrate carbs back into my diet and once again the brain fog,lethargy,anxiety and cognitive impairment came right back.

So GLC i'd like to ask, outside of kidney beans and SP are their any other carbs you suggest for energy?.

Kind regards
Bletz

Going less Crazy

« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
Hello

Long time lurker of the forum but this is my first post. I started to have a deeper interest in this thread after I remembered that I overcame a period of terrible gastritis through implementing a gluten free diet. So for the past month I have been in a state of Ketosis, literally 0 carbs and no sugars. Guess what!? NO POIS. However as it became evident that I cannot maintain ketosis long term primarily because of the nature of my work, I began trying to reintegrate carbs back into my diet and once again the brain fog,lethargy,anxiety and cognitive impairment came right back.

So GLC i'd like to ask, outside of kidney beans and SP are their any other carbs you suggest for energy?.

Kind regards
Bletz
Hi and welcome.

Fruits are carbs as well.  I do apples, pears, peaches, blackberries, strawberries, etc.  Also clear honey, maple syrup.

I mainly do black beans and sweet potatoes.  Also do fresh eastern white potatoes, as well as cape cod original size potato chips.  Sometimes white rice if tolerated,  might be better to double boil these. These types of carbs are the hardest to tolerate.

I continually update the diet so what's there is what I eat.  Haven't tried every grain.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

bletzer

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »
Hi

Thanks ill be following the diet for the next month and definitely look integrate much more fruits. I'll be doing it whilst taking LDN (Low dose naltrexone) and will report back in a month. P.S do you react to cashews or almond nuts?.

Regards
Bletz

Going less Crazy

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2018, 07:29:15 PM »
Hi

Thanks ill be following the diet for the next month and definitely look integrate much more fruits. I'll be doing it whilst taking LDN (Low dose naltrexone) and will report back in a month. P.S do you react to cashews or almond nuts?.

Regards
Bletz

I had a terrible reaction to cashews before, but I don't know if they had another ingredient in it.  I am fine with almond milk.  I really do not eat nuts.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
I will be ordering a certain enzyme.  It is "supposed" to degrade gluten and "proline" rich proteins substantially before entering the small intestine, where foods are absorbed...so it essentially makes it non-immunogenic.  I've asked about it's ability to digest other problematic proteins like the ones in corn (zeins), and was basically given a "it should because of it's proline content (of the zeins) but no research on that" response. 

There is a lot of research on it degrading gluten... Something like around 90% before it enters the duodenum, and continues from there.  So if it does what it states it could be particularly good for me, given I am not 100% sure if I have celiac (obviously not a textbook case) or some crazy sensitivity to grains.

So I will be trying this next in the future, particularly on foods that bother me but not so much, like on Doritos or certain rice products to see if it has an effect on its tolerability.  I'm not encouraging anyone to go out and buy something, this is just literally an update of where I am now and what I would like to try in the future.  Could be a complete sham.  Hence I'm hesitant if I should even post this.

*** Edited to say "a certain enzyme", I'll provide a real update when I try it, which may be some time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:44:26 PM by Going less Crazy »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2018, 04:56:15 AM »
Hi GK, do you still use olive lief extract?
Dr-pois.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »

I can say that it works to some extent, has worked for others too. I don't know if GLC still takes it but it is really a non-aggressive approach.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2018, 01:40:37 AM »

I can say that it works to some extent, has worked for others too. I don't know if GLC still takes it but it is really a non-aggressive approach.

I no longer take OLE.  But, it was pretty good before my dietary approach.  The reason why I no longer use it is because I no longer need it.  Also, last time I used the spring valley version I ended up with a mouth ulcer (aphthous stomatitis), but I also had dairy that day so I can't say for sure it was the OLE.  My diet has made my mind and body clear but also really sensitive to foods/supplements it doesn't like.

I was reading up on aphthous stomatitis recently and it is supposed to be a T-cell mediated reaction.  This is more evidence that I have some version of celiac (which is also T-cell mediated).  But I react to all grains... So... Not typical of celiac but there are people with celiac with reactivity to all grains and dairy like myself...either from cross-reactivity or just additional sensitivities.  I cross my fingers it is a cross reactivity and that I have the hladq2 gene someday when I get a  genetic test... there is a cure in the pipeline for this (Nexvax2).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:56:23 AM by Going less Crazy »

bletzer

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »
1 Month Update.

So I went 3 weeks in a state of Ketosis and ran on 20 grams of net Carbs per day, I also avoided any gluten, grains and dairy and stuck to the food on the allowed list on the first page of this thread. For the first time in 5 years I had 0 symptoms after O it's truly incredible, I can o 4 times a day and will not get a single symptom. Due to commitments at work, I could not run on Ketosis this week so I adopted the diet suggested by GLC and guess what? no symptoms after O. It is hard to stick to and you MUST be strict especially with cross contamination but I guess its just the case sticking to it and making it habitual. I also supplement on Vitamin D and take a B12 tablet daily. Prior to this my symptoms where mainly emotional with some cognitive impairement

Fatigue
EXTREME brain fog
Inability to communicate effectively
lack of drive
social phobia
VERY BAD concentration
Depressed mood
Irritability.

These all vanished as soon as I went into ketosis and its stayed that way this week. Ill be back to update in another month.

b_jim

« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »
Congratulations Bletzer.

In your first post, you said you get a gastritis after following no gluten diet ? Is it correct ?
I have a f***** gastritis since 3 months and it's very very boring. I can eat few and only vergtables/fruit... :/

I stopped sugar ten years ago and it was my first step in pois cure too.
Taurine supplement was the 2nd.

I don't remember what is exaclty the diet suggested by GLC (maybe should we make a sumary of the diet ?) but I bet you can eat low glycemic index food including fruit without Pois symptoms.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's not an obligation the diet must be ketonic.
The key factor is too not release insuline spikes.
Of course ketonic is low carb but it's a more extreme diet.
Try low carbs and tell us if it works or not.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:32:35 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
Hi Bletzer, thanks for report, this info is wery waluable to us.
Did you olso take LDN this 3 weaks or no?
Dr-pois.

bletzer

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »
Congratulations Bletzer.

In your first post, you said you get a gastritis after following no gluten diet ? Is it correct ?
I have a f***** gastritis since 3 months and it's very very boring. I can eat few and only vergtables/fruit... :/

I stopped sugar ten years ago and it was my first step in pois cure too.
Taurine supplement was the 2nd.

I don't remember what is exaclty the diet suggested by GLC (maybe should we make a sumary of the diet ?) but I bet you can eat low glycemic index food including fruit without Pois symptoms.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's not an obligation the diet must be ketonic.
The key factor is too not release insuline spikes.
Of course ketonic is low carb but it's a more extreme diet.
Try low carbs and tell us if it works or not.

Yes yes, a few years back around the time my POIS started I had chronic gastritis which was resistant to antibiotics and a biopsy was done. In order to cope with the pain I adopted a gluten free diet and after a few months my pain stopped and the following endoscopy didnt find anymore signs of inflammation. My father has atrophic gastritis type B which is autoimmune and can be hereditary so I never really consider myself completely safe. I also have another autoimmune condition which im being treated for called Cholinergic Urticaria (Heat Hives).

Regarding the diet, all the foods that are good to eat are on the first page of this thread courtesy of GLC. Yes the diet mainly has low glycemic foods yes but the most important point is to not consume any gluten, dairy or grains. Being in ketosis was great, I had no craving for sugar or carbs after the first 3 days and I was highly energetic but it wasn't practical for me due to work.

I'll look to take in around 110gs of carbs per day and the rest in fat and protein for the rest of the month and will give you some feedback.

bletzer

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »
Hi Bletzer, thanks for report, this info is wery waluable to us.
Did you olso take LDN this 3 weaks or no?

No Worries

I didn't end up taking LDN no.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »
Hi Bletzer, I have added you in the list of reference members in my POIS Types Chart, in the POIS Type responding to diet ( see at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 , in number 7 )

Thanks for sharing your results with the other members !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Going less Crazy

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »
To anybody looking for the diet, just look at the first post!

That's great Bletzer!  I agree that the less carbs I eat the better I feel in general.  But congratulations on finding this diet helpful.

Obviously all the foods on my first post are subject to what brand you eat, etc.  So some vague foods that I may have listed you guys might want to do your own research on if it is safe or not, that may involve testing it.  All foods sold go into some type of "processing" that may involve chemicals, mixing with other foods, etc.  So testing is pretty critical.

The hardest carb I find to digest on the front page is white potatoes.  I'm usually good with GF mashed potatoes or GF French fries like from Chick-fil-A, but potato chips are not always easy for me (pain in the abdomen). Now this isn't always the case... Sometimes I can eat a bag of cape cod potato chips fine, but other times I will have pain.  I wonder if it has something to do with the rotation of oils used to make them (it will say "this oil, or that oil, or that oil" on the bag, so it is ,oil-wise, not a consistent product).  On the other hand, I've been trying some "natural" vitamin C made from a mixture of berries that has been causing some pain... So again I might be mistaking that pain to be caused by the chips...  It gets very frustrating at times.

I've also tried the enzyme that I ordered.  It actually came today.  So far what I can say is that it has no bad effects, no pain or other immediate side effects so that is good.  The real question is does it work on foods, particular troublesome grains that cause problems?  It is really too early to update this but I had a batch of those GF brownies I listed and sometimes I will get mouth ulcers from them (literally looks like a small bubble inside my mouth on the cheek/gums that goes away in 24 hours).  So I took them with the pill and so far no ulcers but that could change.  I also get the ulcers from eggs, and that is included in the recipe, and if this enzyme breaks those proteins down I am not sure.  But so far fingers crossed.  I'm not sure if I will ever use this enzyme on gluten, because obviously I avoid it at all costs...I might have celiac.  But I will try it on corn, rice, etc. in the future.  It would be nice to use when going out to eat (it's supposed to be very good for cross contamination as well).

Congrats and I will update later, also adding a food to the front page now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:50:28 PM by Going less Crazy »

b_jim

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2018, 02:21:36 AM »
I read your diet plan. Of course, most of them are very good to keep the body in a good general shape and are worth to be followed.

But which ones are really specific to Pois and give a real and clear effect ?
From my opinion and my experience, only carbs reduction.
And this point must be cleared and we need to find the absolute correlation bewteen sugar and Pois.

Even gluten. We know real coealic disease is about 1% (my tests are negative). But everybody is sensitive to gluten mostly without symptoms.
If a poiser says me that no gluten diet improves his Pois, I say "Ok, it's very nice and I'm proud of your progress. But, is it really gluten or the lower glycemic diet you follow ?"
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Going less Crazy

« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2018, 03:19:20 AM »
I read your diet plan. Of course, most of them are very good to keep the body in a good general shape and are worth to be followed.

But which ones are really specific to Pois and give a real and clear effect ?
From my opinion and my experience, only carbs reduction.
And this point must be cleared and we need to find the absolute correlation bewteen sugar and Pois.

Even gluten. We know real coealic disease is about 1% (my tests are negative). But everybody is sensitive to gluten mostly without symptoms.
If a poiser says me that no gluten diet improves his Pois, I say "Ok, it's very nice and I'm proud of your progress. But, is it really gluten or the lower glycemic diet you follow ?"

Although sugar has bad effects on health, it really has zero effects on my POIS.  I can eat a whole batch of GF brownies (tons of sugar), orgasm a couple times that same night, and have no POIS.

For a long time I realized my POIS has to do with food sensitivities/allergies, not blood glucose levels.  Again, eating loads of sugar will not help you feel good in anyway for anybody.  I avoid aspartame like the plague though.

If anyone remembers a long time ago I had a pois free month or two and always wondered how or why that happened.  I remembered I used to drink almond milk, as well as.being GF that helped.  So I again went completely gluten free and than dairy free again (sub with almond milk), and POIS was drastically reduced.  Further investigation revealed I had to avoid more grains and some additional sensitivities to get to 99-100%.  These literal bubbles I get in my mouth are a good indication for me if I have a problem with a food or not. 

The good news is I "seem" to be able to tolerate some foods better.  I have been eating Mexican food (hard corn tacos, yellow rice) without reaction from a restaurant and felt decent afterwards.  So, if this crazy sh*t is correct, my gut "may" be healing.

So bjim, I think the correlation with sugar is that it causes bodily inflammation in everybody, but, and take this with a grain of salt, if the intestinal lining is compromised (as believed like I had and possibly still have) and you add inflammatory sugars into the mix, you will probably feel this inflammation more than if your intestinal lining was in good shape and dealing with these sugars.

So for me, gluten and dairy were the biggest culprits followed by brown rice and corn... I literally get gut pain and feel absolutely like sh*t from these grains.  Dairy really just effected my mood and brain fog.  You never know if food is the problem until you try (like I have).  But from what I see I don't think this works for everyone with POIS as a symptom.

And bjim, did you have a celiac test while eating a normal diet (gluten included) ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:40:25 AM by Going less Crazy »

b_jim

« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
And bjim, did you have a celiac test while eating a normal diet (gluten included) ?

Yes, I did. I could give you the results later but the 4 iG tested are normal.

The only point i could be agree is sugar gave me dihreas especially in pois, showing something happen in the intestine or maybe in pancreas (the way to the intestine).
I always speculate that a part of digestive system is busy "to regenerate"
something (semen, testosterone ? ... ) and then is not capable to make the digestion of sugar in normal condition.
For example, pancreas.

But, i prefer to keep strong arguments : we never had real data to prove the presence of inflammation in body in Pois.
My CRP in Pois is always normal.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:30:41 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2018, 05:38:20 AM »
I didn't look this point since some years but it seems there is a scientific argument :
https://www.health.harvard.edu/digestive-health/is-something-in-your-diet-causing-diarrhea

Sugar. Sugars stimulate the gut to put out water and electrolytes, which loosen bowel movements. If you ingest a lot of sugar, you may develop diarrhea. One of the biggest offenders is fructose, which is found naturally in fruits (such as peaches, pears, cherries, and apples) or added to foods and drinks, such as applesauce, soda, and juice beverages. "Seventy-five percent of people who ingest more than 40 to 80 grams of fructose per day will get diarrhea," says gastroenterologist Dr. Norton Greenberger, a Harvard Medical School professor. Another offender: artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol, mannitol, and xylitol (found in sugar-free gum, candy, and medications).

Maybe the secret is here. Avoiding sugar or gluten to save electrolytes in competition.

In my case, fructose don"t increase the Pois and the diarreahas symptoms. So, the culprit must be glucose and Na+ electrolyte.

Other electrolyte : Ca++ (explaining muscle tremors in Pois ????)
                           Iron
                            Bicarbonate
                             k

Maybe we should test electrolytes before and after orgasm and follow a diet balancing them
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:01:22 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois