Author Topic: Has anyone tried prolactin inhibitors?  (Read 1561 times)

Muon

Re: Has anyone tried prolactin inhibitors?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
But I mean if I follow your argumentation wouldn't POIS be epidemic among 70 year old men?

Testosterone can inhibit auto-antibodies in some auto-immune diseases. Here are some papers after a quick search:

Sex hormones, immune responses, and autoimmune diseases. Mechanisms of sex hormone action.
''The possibility of using sex hormone modulation of immune responses for the treatment of autoimmune disorders is a promising area for future investigation.''
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1887926/

Sex hormones and the immune response in humans
https://academic.oup.com/humupd/article/11/4/411/874969

I wonder if this also act in the reverse way like immune diseases surpressing sex hormones. Just some food for thought.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
Always intresting to see  8) poisers wich hawe low T how they been
helped complitly by incresing T.

Me also think that is autoimunity inwolwed, yust from diferent angle.

David- do you hawe astmha like shortnes of breath ,
bumping hert symptomes in pois?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:29:26 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

david

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2018, 02:34:13 PM »
But I mean if I follow your argumentation wouldn't POIS be epidemic among 70 year old men?

Testosterone can inhibit auto-antibodies in some auto-immune diseases. Here are some papers after a quick search:

Sex hormones, immune responses, and autoimmune diseases. Mechanisms of sex hormone action.
''The possibility of using sex hormone modulation of immune responses for the treatment of autoimmune disorders is a promising area for future investigation.''
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1887926/

Sex hormones and the immune response in humans
https://academic.oup.com/humupd/article/11/4/411/874969

I wonder if this also act in the reverse way like immune diseases surpressing sex hormones. Just some food for thought.

it is all possible
i'v read an article which showed that there are special cells in testies which protects spermatozoids from our own immune system as spermatozoids are always recognized as an alien cells so immune system will not kill them
so it is no wander that many guys have autoimmune response for their own sperm
may be i had/ have it also but getting my testosterone level to proper value now it gives me little to no effect
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:42:09 PM by david »

david

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
Always intresting to see  8) poisers wich hawe low T how they been
helped complitly by incresing T.

Me also think that is autoimunity inwolwed, yust from diferent angle.

David- do you hawe astmha like shortnes of breath ,
bumping hert symptomes in pois?

never had any problems with asthma no heart problems except when i used 25mg cabergoline /week i had some little palpitations
my biggest concerns about pois were brain fog, severe fatigue and no will to do anything
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:49:10 PM by david »

david

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
today i allowed myself to sleep well after a difficult week upto 1 p.m.
ate only clomid 0.25mg right after i woke up
and 4 hours later felt a little fatigue, lack of willingness to do anything, kind of depressed mood (2 months ago i would think it is ok) but not now
so i applied androgel and got my dope of mood boost and felt myself better - signs of depression gone and got energy again
i'm so f..king dependent on it
as far as i know it is not possible to rise T level significantly with other means than TRT ...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:54:06 AM by david »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »

As far as i know it is not possible to rise T level significantly with other means than TRT ...

I agree.
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.