Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920544 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »

$9,270.00 $9,350.00 $10,272.00 $10,802.00 raised    
THANK YOU TO THE RETURNING MONTHLY DONOR!!!!
towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fund

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »

Is an endocrinologist the best doc for the job?

In 2007-2008, the forum's "group wisdom" at that time (it was a very small POIS forum) was that POIS was a hormonal disorder, and that an endocrinologist would be a good choice to supervise what was recommended: a full hormonal bloodtesting/workup. (Waldinger's research study partner was and still is a Dutch endocrinologist, Dr Dave Schwartz, Netherlands.).

I was advised that a university endocrinologist would be a good idea because they teach and do research and would thus be more open to POIS than "by the textbook" doctors. In this case, I also felt the university medical lab was far more sophisticated than anything I had ever seen in private doctors' offices.

My bloodtesting revealed low testosterone. Much earlier, I had tried injections unsuccessfully and was told that this is because of the "spiking" effect, but testosterone patches and testosterone gel deliver a more uniform steady flow of testosterone throughout the system 24/7, which mimics the way the body actually delivers T naturally.

I was enraged and furious after 30 years of this SHIT, so I intensely absorbed the forum ideas in 2007 (I RESISTED doing an endocrinology workup at first) and found a cure. But I think I was very lucky.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:41:25 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »

In 2007-2008, the forum's "group wisdom" at that time (it was a very small POIS forum) was that POIS was a hormonal disorder, and that an endocrinologist would be a good choice to supervise what was recommended: a full hormonal bloodtesting/workup. (Waldinger's research study partner was and still is a Dutch endocrinologist, Dr Dave Schwartz, Netherlands.).

I was advised that a university endocrinologist would be a good idea because they teach and do research and would thus be more open to POIS than "by the textbook" doctors. In this case, I also felt the university medical lab was far more sophisticated than anything I had ever seen in private doctors' offices.

My bloodtesting revealed low testosterone. Much earlier, I had tried injections unsuccessfully and was told that this is because of the "spiking" effect, but testosterone patches and testosterone gel deliver a more uniform steady flow of testosterone throughout the system 24/7, which mimics the way the body actually delivers T naturally.

I was enraged and furious after 30 years of this SHIT, so I intensely absorbed the forum ideas in 2007 (I RESISTED doing an endocrinology workup at first) and found a cure. But I think I was very lucky.

There's another great reason why university endocrinologists are useful to talk to about POIS or any similar disease involving fatigue and cognitive symptoms with mysterious origins. They're expected to publish papers and will actually have a vested interest in treating your illness and finding out what might be causing it. It might seem odd but most doctors have a professional requirement to make a best-judgement diagnosis but not a diagnosis that would withstand scrutiny in a peer review journal. For example, you won't find any journal papers that conclude with "the symptoms were mysterious, the patient appeared intense and upset so I bundled them off to the psychiatrist. Cheque please!"

aalkaff

« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »

Wow, I never thought of a university MD. I'm not sure we have those here :P And about the testerone patches/gel, I think they must be prescribed over here--not available over the counter.

aalkaff

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
...For example, you won't find any journal papers that conclude with "the symptoms were mysterious, the patient appeared intense and upset so I bundled them off to the psychiatrist. Cheque please!"

LOL! :D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
...For example, you won't find any journal papers that conclude with "the symptoms were mysterious, the patient appeared intense and upset so I bundled them off to the psychiatrist. Cheque please!"

ditto lol!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »

Wow, I never thought of a university MD. I'm not sure we have those here :P And about the testerone patches/gel, I think they must be prescribed over here--not available over the counter.

Here, patches and gel must also be prescribed, never over the counter. I take 10 mg daily  (2 patches) of Androderm (Watson Pharma is the manufacturer).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »

So, is an endocrinologist the best doc for the job? And have you guys explored online correspondence with one? For a fee even? (A great business idea for doctors :D)

This is NOT an endorsement, but I see that endocrinology practitioners do sell their advice online. This is just one random example I pulled from a Google search :
http://www.liveperson.com/experts/health-medicine/specialty-medicine/endocrinology/

Best wishes! Your creativity, Ali, will overcome the hurdles of Dubai I'm sure.

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2012, 05:51:17 AM »

ditto lol!!

Hey, if you still have a sense of humour after nearly 2 decades of POIS, you can survive anything right? :D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »

ditto lol!!

Hey, if you still have a sense of humour after nearly 2 decades of POIS, you can survive anything right? :D

<wild applause>

kurtosis, you speak the truth! After 3 decades, I kept my humor regardless of whether anyone thought I was funny  :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
Who cares!!?? Just too much silence.

www.indiegogo.com/research-for-POIS
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2012, 02:36:08 AM »
Who cares!!?? Just too much silence.

www.indiegogo.com/research-for-POIS

I am @Observercenter on Twitter. Daveman has tweeted Ricky Martin. I think we should tweet celebrities/media. If only one of them pick up the story it would be really really great, we need to expand our campaign. To get the word out is the most difficult task.

Also, thanks to Tom for commenting in the campaing. Tom, you make a difference, we should follow your example.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:15 AM »
That's right!, Thanks Observer.

We've worked hard to raise $10,000, and there's $23,500 more needed!

Why not look for help to raise it. But we need to get the word out.

Each one take 30 minutes per day, that's all just 30 minutes per day to do some networking.

How ever. Twitter, Facebook, firends, family.

At Twitter we are @IPOIS, @demografx1, @observercenter, @ridgefieldmom18.

Follow us, follow and tweet your local celebs. anyone you know who might listen.

Now is the time so we don't have to wait another 2 yrs to raise the rest!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
Quoted:

"It's getting confusing alright, particularly with discussions on 2 websites. "

That's the reason for concentrating it into only ONE.

THIS one. it's OURs. Our software, OUR owners who dedicate ONLY to POIS and aren't interested in ANY other monetary / commercial
priorities.

THIS ONE, that let's us publicize our cause.

Why divide the energy? Why complicate the discussions, why repeat, and why resist?

The movement started there, but it has outgrown the medium.

NSF may be a great science forum, but we can do everything that can be done over there (for POIS) and more. LOTs more.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:15:59 PM by Daveman »

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »

$9,270.00 $9,350.00 $10,272.00 $11,002.00 raised!    
THANK YOU FOR THE $200 GIFT FROM OUR ***REPEAT*** DONOR!!!! :) :)
towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fund
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:30:21 AM by demografx »

tantalus

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
Daveman is not online unfortionally.....

I am in the mood for a funtrial!!

so...: does enybody know how often I can ejaculate after taken niacin and between howmanny hours?
(22:22:09) tantalus: does niacin protect me still after 3 or 6 hours?
(22:22:39) tantalus: so may i have more as only one time an orgasm?
(22:23:38) tantalus: and whot is the maximum time after taken niacine to have sex again?

dont let me wait to long ;D

4 years desensitized, health progr. average 70%  top 90%, ,overreaction stops 3X (herpes+meningeal irritation, sideeffects towards end ( hyperacusis), stopped at 4to1, retrograde after stop,re-entry soon. negative progesterone effect pois. . (new supervised med. trial planned soon) Niacin not tried

tantalus

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2012, 02:54:28 AM »
Observertold me 3 orgasms are oke within 3 hours.
I did today my 3th niacin experiment. After the first 2 orgasms I did not get a running nose, after the 3th I got my nose running, not so long , about 20 minutes. Feel a bit worried if 3 times were too much to handle for the body to prevent pois. I wil know more tomorrow. I used 150 or 200 mg this time. I cannot remember exact. since I was distracted from attention. First I swallowed 100 mg and after an halfhour or  hour the other tablet.

Sorry i did not react to replies of Daveman and an other one about my reply end juli ( my allergist). Because of holiday of myself and him too. I will see him Friday again.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:04:17 AM by tantalus »
4 years desensitized, health progr. average 70%  top 90%, ,overreaction stops 3X (herpes+meningeal irritation, sideeffects towards end ( hyperacusis), stopped at 4to1, retrograde after stop,re-entry soon. negative progesterone effect pois. . (new supervised med. trial planned soon) Niacin not tried

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »
OK, but remember, niacin isn't necessarily a cure. If it helps you that's fantastic, although it probably won't let you have unlimited sex without problems.

Like I say, I'm a very happy man just to have one POIS free orgasm per week!! For me, more than that is stretching it.

Find your limit and what you can be happy with.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2012, 07:14:30 AM »
Who hasn't been here yet???!!!

GO

If nothing else, but to have a look at what we are doing.... TRYING to do.

We NEED ALL YOUR SUPPORT. Unless you want to raise all the money yourselves!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:20:42 AM by Daveman »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2012, 07:31:33 AM »
Observertold me 3 orgasms are oke within 3 hours.

Well, that could be risky  ;D. I think even 2 are ok.