Author Topic: POIS Paper Archive - a list of scientific articles about POIS  (Read 81167 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: POIS Paper Archive - a list of scientific articles about POIS
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2021, 03:43:08 PM »
I have also found this link, which can also be used, by choosing "Scientific articles" before search:
http://libgen.rs/
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »
Thanks, Quantum!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

La_pet1te_mort

« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2021, 09:29:59 AM »
There might be a number of papers on POIS that do not use the word "POIS".

Papers written before Waldinger created the term "POIS" in 2002. Even some papers written after 2002, since many researchers didn't know about the term "POIS". 

These are harder to find, but they might be important.

The one that I'm thinking of is this one: Shah A. Asthma and sex. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci.2001;43:135?7.

It has references in it to much older papers, even going back to the 1980's. We haven't explored any of those. There might be insights there that we are missing.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2021, 04:12:00 PM »
There might be a number of papers on POIS that do not use the word "POIS".

Papers written before Waldinger created the term "POIS" in 2002. Even some papers written after 2002, since many researchers didn't know about the term "POIS". 

These are harder to find, but they might be important.

The one that I'm thinking of is this one: Shah A. Asthma and sex. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci.2001;43:135?7.

It has references in it to much older papers, even going back to the 1980's. We haven't explored any of those. There might be insights there that we are missing.
Thank you! Sent to POIS Research Team.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2021, 01:53:32 PM »
New paper #45 thanks to Demo.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2021, 07:17:46 PM »
New paper #45 thanks to Demo.
I sent your posted list of 45 papers to our POIS  research team. Their reply: “Thanks, you are going to make our literature review for papers later easy!”

demografx

• Administrator

demografx

• Administrator
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:14:54 PM by demografx »

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2022, 04:36:20 AM »
Fidalgo's NK cells are low which could make him susceptible to intracellular pathogens (virus). His elevated CD4+CD38+ levels could have a correlation with sST2 levels--->Infection could have happened at a mucosal surface like the gut. Recruited monocytes could raise the level of microbial translocation (sCD14). The combination of his other two conditions (two posts back) could indicate involvement of IL-33. IL-33 acts as an alarmin when barriers are "breached".

He had low levels of NK cells just like me. In addition to that, my elevated IFN-g could indicate activated anti-viral response. My elevated IL-8 level can indicate damaged epithelial or endothelial cells. IL-8 can be released by gut epithelial cells in response to bacterial translocation. The main source of IL-33 is the endothelial cell followed by epithelial cells. I wonder if the very high candida albicans LTT reflects CD4+CD38+ proliferation at a section of my gut, hence barrier penetration. In the article above it says that there is a positive correlation between ST2 and sCD40L (but only in the early phase). CD40 plays a role in IG class switching of B-cells. Could hyperexpression of CD40 be responsible for IgG4 class switching and could this be related to ST2?

I don't exactly know what role NK cells play in POIS, but Triphala and Mangosteen are two supplements that could be used to increase NK cell activity. They also both had some efficacy in reducing POIS symptoms in my case.

Triphala powder treatment in healthy humans increased cytotoxic T cells and NK cells in the experimental group compared with the control group.
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/acm.2017.0083

Significant elevations of NK activity were recently reported in mice treated with crude alpha-mangostin at 20 and 40 mg/kg/day compared to control mice. In a human pilot study, healthy people orally administered panaxanthone, a less purified alpha-mangostin analog, at a dose of 150 mg/day/person for seven days also showed significant increases in NK activity. Since the mammary cancer model used in the current study was an immunocompetent model, elevation in NK activity would be expected in the 20 mg/kg/day alpha-mangostin group.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1741-7015-9-69
https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/9/3/355/htm
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
People will have to search literature (google scholar etc.) for POIS in their native language, papers will slip under the radar if only english is used.

https://revistasacademicas.cl/Upload/ArticulosPdf/schu_20210819142132_baa6f065-d151-4644-8c52-af22c8ce431e.pdf

@Ironfeather: what do they mean with total recovery, is he still on the med?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:32:26 PM by Muon »

IronFeather

« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »
@Ironfeather: what do they mean with total recovery, is he still on the med?

Yes, he takes 8 mg of Silodosin two hours before sexual activity, and that completely eliminates his symptoms, so he's been advised by the authors of the paper to take it that way indefinitely.

Interesting, it's an alpha-1 blocker, but one with high afinity for the prostatic tissue. It's supposed to cause vasodilation, same as niacin. Right now, doing anything that elevates my blood pressure, like pushing, makes me especially sick, and it's much worse if the abdominal muscles are involved. I wonder what's going on and why that med worked for that patient.
26-year-old Spanish woman with POIS symptoms for the last 13 years.
Suffering from exercise intolerance since April 2020.
My case thread, with medical tests results.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2022, 08:02:10 PM »
I wonder what's going on and why that med worked for that patient.
It can inhibit ejaculation.

Muon

• MCAD Thread

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2022, 02:43:45 PM »
New paper #51

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2022, 05:16:32 AM »
Post orgasmic illness syndrome successfully managed with antihistamine: A case report

"In our patient, the treatment that proved most efficacious was daily fexofenadine, leading to a 90% symptom improvement. Interestingly, when our patient took diphenhydramine, he did not achieve much symptomatic improvement despite similar mechanisms of action."

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2022, 01:18:02 AM »
thank you,Muon
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2022, 07:13:11 AM »
https://www.imrpress.com/journal/JOMH/18/6/10.31083/j.jomh1806130/htm
new paper about POIS, using T to cure the POIS, I am trying to contact the doctor.

EDIT:
Post-orgasmic illness syndrome accompanied with testosterone deficiency: a case report
Hao Su1, Yi Lu1, Chengquan Ma1, Hongjun Li1,
J. Mens. Health 2022, 18(6), 130; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jomh1806130
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:57:04 AM by berlin1984 »
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.