Author Topic: POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY  (Read 32961 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: POIS 2020-2021 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2021, 12:21:19 PM »
Direct current stimulation for sexual enhancement (patent Liberos LLC)

You cannot target areas of the brain by direct current with this setup. The current will distribute itself spatially in fractions over the entire brain propertional to the ratios of tissue electrical resistivity and conductivity.

Drew1312

« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »
NEW POIS Interview

To:     Demografx
Date:  December 30, 2020

“Hi Demo!

I talk a bit about the condition, our study, and an extension in this interview about halfway in

Dr Nicole Prause - Advancing Research In Sexual Psychophysiology, Sexual Biotechnology, And Sex-Tech - YouTube

NP”

Dr Nicole Prause, PhD
Co-investigator
POISCenter-funded
POIS Research Study 2020-2021

https://youtu.be/rFiehQLjPpk

I watched it yesterday. I?m surprised they only got 1 test subject done so far (she states in the video). I know there was a covid delay but I believe this was started in 2018, then was supposed to be recruited in early 2019, then that was delayed for equipment, and then I saw the delay for the extra funding. Do we know how much extra funding was provided for the Dream project or what are the extras being added? From my understanding studies do not have to be a mystery, even if they are investigative/observational studies rather than treatment/interventional studies. Maybe with psychological/behavioral studies that is the norm, but when researchers physically draw blood from patients to look for immune markers, hormones, ect.. no matter what they tell the patient it will not affect the results. That aspect they should fully disclose. So this is very strange to me. Even for the purpose of letting other researchers know what is being tested so maybe they could do different research(if there are any out there). When you go on ClinicalTrials.gov they show everything. Lastly how many patients are being recruited both healthy and POIS?

I honestly didn?t know the study started recruiting at all otherwise I would have advertised it on the facebook page. It was not advertised at all on the facebook page yet. I remember there was a problem with the survey where we were all getting rejected no matter what we entered.  And that is worrying if really bad  symptom POIS guys cant be included.

For the people who don't wanna watch the whole think. At  16:20 she stars talking about it

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2021, 02:25:00 AM »

For the people who don't wanna watch the whole thing.

At  16:20 she starts talking about it.
https://youtu.be/rFiehQLjPpk

Thanks, Drew1312! That 16:20 marker is very useful to start right in to see what Dr. Prause says about our POIS Study!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:28:29 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2021, 02:27:25 AM »

On a Science Vs. podcast, Dr. Nicole Prause - -
our co-investigator of the POISCenter-funded NORD Research Study of POIS 2021 - - discusses orgasm physiology and controversies.
https://tinyurl.com/y3u2e6dx
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2021, 11:20:55 PM »

Dr. Nicole Prause, NORD’s co-investigator for the POISCenter-funded 2021 POIS Research Study, discusses sex addiction in this podcast:

https://tinyurl.com/yy2cbevt
Scroll down for interview link.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: January 21, 2021, 02:44:22 PM »
My wife and I are getting received the 1st Pfizer Covid vaccine tomorrow. In L.A.

Hope this bodes well for resuming the *Liberos portion of the 2021 POIS Research study in L.A.!

cc:  Dr Lorenz
      Dr Prause

*Liberos is the West L.A. POIS-testing  laboratory headed by Dr Prause
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:44:50 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: January 21, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
I was just now (early) Covid-vaccinated with Pfizer drug/Part 1 of 2
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:41:54 PM by demografx »

certainlypois2

« Reply #322 on: January 21, 2021, 10:35:19 PM »
My wife and I are getting received the 1st Pfizer Covid vaccine tomorrow. In L.A.

Hope this bodes well for resuming the *Liberos portion of the 2021 POIS Research study in L.A.!

cc:  Dr Lorenz
      Dr Prause

*Liberos is the West L.A. POIS-testing  laboratory headed by Dr Prause
Nice !

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2021, 12:55:48 AM »
Thanks, CP2.

Clues

« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2021, 02:46:52 AM »

Nice, congrats on the vaccination! Just curious, what do you mean by the "Liberos portion" of the study? Is there another research organisation taking part?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2021, 01:50:57 PM »

What do you mean by the "Liberos portion" of the study? Is there another research organisation taking part?

Clues, the POIS physical testing portion (Orgasm measurement, blood work, brain, etc.)  is taking place at Liberos, LLC, a laboratory in West L.A. founded by NORD’s POIS co-investigator, Dr. Nicole Prause.
www.Liberoscenter.com

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:57:10 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2021, 02:07:44 PM »

Nice, congrats on the vaccination!

Thank you!

Clues

« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »

What do you mean by the "Liberos portion" of the study? Is there another research organisation taking part?

Clues, the POIS physical testing portion (Orgasm measurement, blood work, brain, etc.)  is taking place at Liberos, LLC, a laboratory in West L.A. founded by NORD’s POIS co-investigator, Dr. Nicole Prause.

OK, so Liberos does the physical testing, but who does the analysis and writes the papers etc? I thought that was Liberos as well. Just asking out of interest. Thanks. :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2021, 02:22:42 AM »
Clues, yes, you’re right, Liberos & Dr Tierney Lorenz will do the analytics and writing together. Thanks for pointing that out!

Drew1312

Re: POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #329 on: February 02, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
From that interview i heard they have only one blood sample from one patient.Isn t that extremely scarce to deduct things fron it lol? I mean i get it   covid, but once covid crisis will go down  cause of vaccination , won t they bring in more poisers?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:51:19 AM by demografx »