Author Topic: Fenugreek + Garlic...  (Read 164295 times)

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: Fenugreek + Garlic...
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
MrMoonJr, you should take the fenugreek with garlic or tea. That's the only way I really feel the effect. Garlic tablets work okay for me, but I think fresh garlic works better.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

MrMoonJr

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
Can I have fenugreek with just a plain green tea?

Vincent M

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »
Yes, plain green tea is what I use actually. I usually swallow 2-3 fenugreek pills (mine are 610 or 620mg) with water and then drink a mug of green tea right after.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:49:03 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
I couldn't find fenugreek tablet in my place, but I managed to buy some fenugreek powder made of its seeds.
I'm wondering how I should take it. Could fenugreek be eaten raw? Can I just use the fenugreek powder as topping for my toasts in the morning the same way I did for the garlic minces? Thanks.
[edited] erm, I found it here: http://www.livingnow.com.au/advertise/articles/18-health-and-healing/4124-its-all-fenugreek-to-me.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:10:43 AM by 0002ppdnuos »
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2012, 09:25:07 AM »
I couldn't find fenugreek tablet in my place, but I managed to buy some fenugreek powder made of its seeds.
I'm wondering how I should take it. Could fenugreek be eaten raw? Can I just use the fenugreek powder as topping for my toasts in the morning the same way I did for the garlic minces? Thanks.
[edited] erm, I found it here: http://www.livingnow.com.au/advertise/articles/18-health-and-healing/4124-its-all-fenugreek-to-me.html

Also, as I understand it you can fond it in Indian Food supply outlets.
I believe it's called kasoori methi, or probably recognized as fenugreek too.
In seeds or ground. Measured by weight.

Should be able to be eaten as powder or seeds. I don't remember the doses, but they're here on the forum in various threads. Search for fenugreek on the site maybe to get a starting direction for where to look.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Vincent M

« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:19 PM »
Yup, and the fenugreek powder in the capsules I have is raw so it's fine to just eat it plain if you want.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »
I mixed a teaspoon of fenugreek powder into my morning coffee, and drink it while eating my toasts topped with garlic minces and low-sugar blueberry jam. I feel energetic whole day, mentally and physically. This is day one of my fenugreek + garlic trial. I wish the effect lasts forever. The morning coffee tastes like curry though (that I dislike).

Besides, I ate some dark chocolate (41% cocoa) last night. Wondering if the chocolate helps a little as well.
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:39 AM »
Day two of garlic + fenugreek trial. It works.  :-'(

Vincent M

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
Day two of garlic + fenugreek trial. It works.  :-'(

fenugreek + garlic has been working to reduce much of my POIS for over a year now. I'm glad it seems to be helping you.

0002ppdnuos

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
Following is a summary of my latest fenugreek + garlic (F&G) trial:
25/5:
  • One ejaculation (due to masturbation) at 4AM.
  • Slept 8 hours.
  • I took, first thing in the morning, one teaspoon of fenugreek in coffee, toasts with blueberry jam and took two cloves of garlic.
  • Brain fog reduced by 70%.
26/5:
  • Slept 8 hours.
  • Took 2 times F&G at a six-hour interval.
  • Brain fog reduced by 80%.
27/5:
  • Slept 8 hours.
  • Took 2 times F&G (I started mixing fenugreek with green tea powder into a cup of hot water, and drank another cup of coffee separately) at a six-hour interval.
  • Fenugreek seemed to be absorbed better with green tea.
  • Brain fog reduced by 90%.
28/5:
  • Slept 8 hours.
  • As the brain fog was reduced, it seemed to be replaced by physical fatigue.
  • Brain fog maintained a reduction by 90%.
29/5:
  • Slept 8 hours.
  • Physical fatigue reduced by 10%.
  • Brain fog maintained a reduction by 90%.
  • An unusual mild lethargy especially the moment I woke up.
  • Mentally and physically able to function at life/work.

In conclusion, the efficacy of F&G in wiping off POIS is 2/7 (or 29%) based on the fact that my POIS session, without treatments, lasts precisely for 7 days.
I'm wondering if the efficacy could be incremented by increasing the F&G dosage per day.

Vincent M

« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Your results seem to reinforce my experience with how fenugreek works better when taken with green tea. I haven't experimented with taking larger amounts of fenugreek, but that's a good idea. I likely will in the future.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

vetrofragile79

« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »
I would like to try the fenugreek may I ask what is the right recipe and your brand? thanks

Vincent M

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
Hi All,

This time the question is mine.  I've been meaning to ask it for quite a while but keep forgetting to do so.

What is the purpose of fenugreek for treating POIS symptoms?  (I'm not challenging -- only curious!)  

What does it do for some of you -- and, if you know, what seems to be the mechanism?

I know that not all of you have found fenugreek helpful, but for those of you who have been helped by it -- please advise.

My only "medical" experience with fenugreek was with breast-feeding moms who came into the primary care office where I worked.  If their milk supply seemed low, or the baby wasn't "interested," fenugreek was recommended for the mom because it literally makes the breast milk sweeter.  The babies love it -- their feeding would immediately pick up, which in turn, would increase milk production in the mom.

And the moms all smelled like maple syrup from the fenugreek!!  I'd know immediately if a particular breast-feeding mom was taking fenugreek because of that smell (which was pleasant).

So -- I'm interested in what it does for POIS.

Thank you!

Stef

For me fenugreek helps both my cognition and physical symptoms while in POIS and while it is definitely most effective if taken about 30 min before an "o" it is also effective for me if taken the next day. I suppose the best thing it does for me is decrease my eye burning, which I suspect it does by decreasing inflammation in the mucous membrane of my eyes. When I take it with tea the two seem to have a synergistic effect that creates a good energy boost that I could never get with either one alone. Fenugreek and garlic also seem to have a syngergistic effect, but it doesn't produce as much energy as with tea.

Some sites speculate that fenugreek might be one of the reasons for lower amounts of arthritis in India since there fenugreek seeds are used commonly as a spice in food. I know it definitely lowers some of my joint pain.

When I first started taking fenugreek a few times I had "o"s that were about 50% less pleasurable and shorter than normal. Actually I think one time it was almost like I didn't have an "o" at all, but still finished. However I haven't had that effect in about a year. Observer and maybe someone else also reported this odd phenomenon. This points to the fact that fenugreek may be having some hormonal effect as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:59:08 PM by Vincent M »

Vincent M

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
I would like to try the fenugreek may I ask what is the right recipe and your brand? thanks

Solgar seems to be the best brand. Solary and Nature's Way have worked for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:00:56 AM by Vincent M »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »
Some historical posts (since 2007) about fenugreek and POIS:

http://tinyurl.com/b435956

ssquall

« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
@Vincent M

Do you know if tea is necessary with the Fenugreek or if its just the warm/hot water that makes Fenugreek more potent?

Vincent M

« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2013, 09:20:02 AM »
I'm not sure if hot water could replace the tea. Certainly worth a try.

b_jim

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2015, 02:44:52 AM »
As  you know, I have good improvement with taurine supplement. I was thinking about Pois last evening.... and there is a strong connection between taurine and garlic.

Garlic is rich in sulfur amino acids like methinone and cycsteine. There is cycle of methylation from methionine to taurine

Study showed positive effect of garlic on testosterone too (at least on rats).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:48:26 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.