Author Topic: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread  (Read 216617 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »
Superoxide Dismutase [red cell] * 1987 U/gHb 1102 - 1601
Figure 1

Vandemolen

« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »
Hiv came out negative, so that’s good. IgM was a bit low (like before). For Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus) I will get another blood test to compare it to the previous test.
Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus) was the same before and after I got a vaccin. I do not know what that means? Should it go up because of the vaccin? I have to wait a few weeks before I see the immunologist.
Pneumococcus response was good. 6 types were very good and 3 types were ok. The immunologist said that I should go to a so called KNO doctor (throat, nose, ears doctor). It could be my adenoid that gives me sleeping problems and sinitus. This will not solve my POIS, but it can make the symptoms lower. She said that my IgM was a bit low, but not very low. It can be normal again.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:40:40 AM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #482 on: March 17, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
Maybe this could mean Droxidopa could be helpful for POIS?

Simon66

« Reply #483 on: March 17, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
If anyone is interested in the antioxidant profile I took, here is a link to the test and also documentation:

https://biolab.co.uk/index.php/cmsid__biolab_test/Antioxidant_Profile
https://www.biolab.co.uk/docs/antoxpr.pdf
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

nanna1

« Reply #484 on: March 18, 2020, 08:30:27 AM »
Point of Order
  The Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results was started based on weeks/months-long discussions by many POISers about the need for a centralized place to locate medical test data from POISers. It is a community resource and reference library that we can all benefit from. And while the data is not publishable or able to be cited in journals, medical researchers can use that voluntary medical data to gain clues and insights into the disease behind POIS.

In order to for scientist, our doctors and all of us to be able to use the Medical Data thread for research, it needs to be free from social discussions. Recently, there have been increased social discussions on that thread that might be more appropriate elsewhere. May I suggest a standard for posting to the Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results thread based upon its original purpose.

Post there should include:
  • medical test administered by a medical professional (example: doctor or nurse).
  • the name of the tested parameter (example: homocysteine, blood)
  • the numerical value (example: 6.1 umol/L)
  • the numerical range (example: 5 - 15 umol/L)
  • flag status (example: normal or *no flag)

Most medical test come with this information (example: complete blood count). Or:

However, some test just state the flag (Negative or Positive) (example: skin prick allergy and autoimmune antibody). Also, doctor's notes may not contain all these parameters, but they are still useful on the Medical Data thread (example 1, example 2).

A description/comment about the conditions under which the test was taken is also useful (examples: "1 hour after orgasm" or "outside of POIS symptoms"). It would be ideal if we could keep the description for each result to 2 sentences or less (example). Longer descriptions can sometimes contain opinions that reduce the scientific usefulness of the data and suggest publication bias in the decision to post it.

Habits to avoid on the Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results thread:
  • personal explanations (example: "Here is what I think the reason is for these results...", or "Because of these results I will try (or have tried) these supplements...")
  • comments about other POISers results (example: "That homocysteine result is interesting. Let me share my knowledge and/or the supplements I have tried..." or "This test confirms my ABCD cell/hormone/immune theory...")
  • social comments (example: "Thanks! I like these results!")
  I understand that this forum is a form of social media. And many POISers expect social interaction from each post. But this Discussion Thread is the appropriate place for that social interaction and it was started to keep social commentary and personal opinions off the Medical Data thread.
 The medical data thread was started for a specific purpose to help aggregate and disseminate data about POIS that comes from medical professionals (not other POISers). It is assumed that this data will have less bias than your typical forum post and is therefore easier to accept on scientific merit.

In the past, I have removed some of my own post on the Medical Data thread because of an idea I shared or posting habits that made the raw data (numbers) harder to find. I have also relocated some of my post from the Medical Data thread to this Discussion Thread so that researchers who may come to POIScenter can take the Medical Data thread more seriously. I believe that contributing my medical information to the Medical Data thread is both a scientific contribution and a personal sacrifice. It takes humility to do what is best for the POIS community and limit my own opinions and interpretations. I hope we can all do the same.

Forum members would be able to discuss the medical results of the official thread here:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg23787#msg23787

In this way, we keep clear the other thread. So, from now, there will be two separate threads.

1- The official thread of Results - Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Only medical results will be posted, no discussion will be allowed.
2- This thread  - Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion  Thread It will only contain discussions about the results shown in the first thread. Needless to say, you can always use the results shown in the first thread to make your point in any other thread!

Thanks for your participation!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:13:23 PM by nanna1 »
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Simon66

« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2020, 03:47:36 PM »
If there's a way to enable moderation on that thread, it would be a good idea.

It's an easy mistake to post comments there, I've done it before.
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

certainlypois2

« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »
I suspect genetic mutations for my case related to choline processing. (for my case, I find autoimmune unlikely).  see other threads for details

there are many related snps that aren't tested on 23andme but are done in genetic panels for CMS (I have not had them done yet).  At a minimum from 23andme, I have double mutations in all three of the following, though I don't know if these alone are sufficient to explain:
rs16969968 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors
rs1051730 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors
rs1824024 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptors

What's relevant is that Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome is a genetic Myasthenia Gravis like disease with overlap of a number of symptoms seen in POIS. In particular, CMS and MG typically have dysfunction of the Acetylcholine Receptors.

certainlypois2

« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2020, 12:57:17 PM »

Demografx

low testosterone hi prolactin

I took a blood test one week after release, POIS-free.
 My endocrinologist comments on my hormone test results:

"Your testosterone concentration is low and prolactin is high.
 If I cannot explain it by the medications/supplements you were taking I'll
 want to schedule an MRI of your pituitary gland."

Hi HOD,

Very interesting.

My endocrinologist also had me do an MRI of my pituitary gland.

Nothing serious was found (“empty sella syndrome” - - harmless/no symptoms)

Apparently it’s standard procedure.
Demo

certainlypois2

« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2020, 01:09:03 PM »
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is perhaps the nr-1 liver-remedy and skin problems are strongly related to liver issues. I believe the liver and the gut are the two most importand organs in the body. POIS might be improved if those organs work better.

certainlypois2

« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
Try Liposomal Glutathione it works much better for me than NAC does.
[/quote

certainlypois2

« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »
Organic Acids test Interpretation:
High yeast/fungal metabolites (1-8) Elevations of one or more metabolites indicate a yeast/fungal overgrowth of the
gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Prescription or natural (botanical) anti-fungals, along with supplementation of high potency
multi-strain probiotics, may reduce yeast/fungal levels.

Vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) levels (34) below the mean indicate low production and/or decreased metabolism of the
neurotransmitters norepinephrine and epinephrine. Vanillylmandelic acid is a metabolite of the neurotransmitters
norepinephrine and epinephrine. Low production of VMA can be due to decreased intake or absorption of norepinephrine ’s
and epinephrine’s precursor amino acids such as phenylalanine and/or tyrosine, decreased quantities of cofactors needed
for biosynthesis of norepinephrine and epinephrine such as tetrahydrobiopterin and vitamin B6 coenzyme or decreased
amounts of cofactors such as S-adenosylmethionine (Sam-e) needed to convert norepinephrine and epinephrine to VMA.
In addition, a number of genetic variations such as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) or mutations in MAO or
COMT genes can cause reduced production of VMA. Such SNPs are available on The Great Plains DNA methylation
pathway test which can be performed on a cheek swab. VMA values below the mean but which are much lower than HVA
values are usually due to impairment of dopamine beta hydroxylase due to Clostridia metabolites, the mold metabolite
fusaric acid, pharmaceuticals such as disulfiram, or food additives like aspartame or deficiencies of cofactors such as
vitamin C or copper. Values may be decreased in patients on monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. Another cause for a
low VMA value is a genetic variation (single nucleotide polymorphism or SNP) of the DBH enzyme. This DBH test is now
available at The Great Plains Laboratory on blood serum. Patients with low VMA due to Clostridia metabolites or genetic
DBH deficiency should not be supplemented with phenylalanine, tyrosine, or L- DOPA.

High HVA/VMA ratio (35) the HVA/VMA ratio reflects the balance between dopamine and norepinephrine/epinephrine
production by catecholamine producing neurons in the central nervous system, sympathetic nervous system, and adrenal
gland. The most common reason for an elevation of the HVA/VMA ratio is a decreased conversion of dopamine to
norepinephrine. The enzyme responsible for this conversion, dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH), is copper and vitamin C
dependent so an elevated ratio could be due to deficiencies of these cofactors . The most common reason for this
elevated ratio is inhibition of this enzyme by Clostridia byproducts including HPHPA, 4-cresol, or 4-hydroxyphenylacetic
acid. Other causes of an increased ratio include inhibition of DBH by the mold metabolite fusaric acid, pharmaceuticals
such as disulfiram, or food additives like aspartame. Another cause for an elevated ratio is a genetic variation (single
nucleotide polymorphism or SNP) of the DBH enzyme. Alternatively, the activity of the DBH enzyme can be measured on
blood serum. Individuals with low DBH activity can be treated with the drug DroxidopaTM, which provides adequate
norepinephrine by an alternate biochemical pathway. This DBH test on blood serum is now available at The Great Plains
Laboratory. High ratios are common in a large number of neuropsychiatric diseases regardless of the reason for DBH
deficiency.

Pyridoxic acid (B6) levels below the mean (51) may be associated with less than optimum health conditions (low
intake, malabsorption, or dysbiosis). Supplementation with B6 or a multivitamin may be beneficial.
Pantothenic acid (B5) levels below the mean (52) may be associated with less than optimum health conditions.
Supplementation with B5 or a multivitamin may be beneficial.

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) levels below the mean (54) may indicate a less than optimum level of the antioxidant vitamin
C. Individuals who consume large amounts of vitamin C can still have low values if the sample is taken 12 or more hours
after intake. Supplementation with buffered vitamin C taken 2 or 3 times a day is suggested.

High 2-hydroxyisovaleric acid and/or 2-hydroxyisocaproic acid (62,65) may be due to the genetic disease MSUD
(maple syrup urine disease) or dihydrolipoyl dehydrogenase deficiency. Individuals with slight to moderate elevations may
benefit from supplementing with thiamine.* Individuals high in all MSUD metabolites and have values that exceed 20 times
the upper limit may benefit from very high doses (5-20 mg/kg/day) of thiamine.

certainlypois2

« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »
I moved some post from the Test Result thread to this thread.

nanna1

« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2020, 10:16:47 PM »
Thanks Simon66 and certainlypois2! :D
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #493 on: March 25, 2020, 01:53:10 AM »
Ditto to nanna1’s thanks to Simon66 and certainlypois2
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #494 on: April 01, 2020, 07:58:10 AM »
Steroid hormones during a flare:
CORTISOL *688.000 nmol/l 133.00 - 537.00
Aldosterone SERUM/PLASMA * 2210 pmol/l 61 - 970

Flare behaviour is typical for MCAD. Serotonin, locally released by intra-adrenal mast-like cells may be responsible for the increased values above, see articles below. And since we are talking about a flare it will probably normalize again.

Role of Mast Cells in the Control of Aldosterone Secretion

Serotonin-induced stimulation of cortisol secretion from human adrenocortical tissue is mediated through activation of a serotonin4 receptor subtype

nanna1

Nas

« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
Reported Prolactine levels so far:

High:
qutoz:  25 ng/ml (2.7 - 16.9)
Simon66: 638 mU/L (Range: 86 - 324)
Demografx: "Your testosterone concentration is low and prolactin is high."
Robb23: (261.59 mIU/L scale 55.97-278.36 mIU/L)
David: high prolactin? 275 mkME/ml  ref(86-324)
jakov: prolactin: high source
Total = 6

Normal:
Jferr: 6.2 ng/mL, (2.6 - 13.1)
CertainlyPOIS: 8.4  (3-20 ng/ml)
Vandemolen: 0.29 (in 2011). RR: 0-0.32
coal: 11 (2-18ng / mL) - 7.9 (2-18ng / mL)
poisioq: elevated prolactin, then later normal 13 ng/mL [3.5 - 19.4]
fernab: Prolactine: 13.70 ng/ml
Total = 6

Overall 12 reports with a 50% rate of high Prolactine cases from this thread.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #498 on: June 17, 2020, 11:08:11 AM »
Low T level is correlated with inflammation, see tables 1 & 2 (open tables in new tab):

The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Testosterone

"Total T and SHBG are inversely correlated with WBC. "
Reminds me of Nanna's results

I bet the low T found in POISers has to do with inflammation. Some inflammatory marker may be high. Perhaps you may see the same parameter elevated in all POISers with low T, something for research.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:59:31 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »
Member  poisioq - elevated prolactin(elevated prolactin could be the couse of
hypogonadism in poisers),
Hi ige , igf1....-(indicate posible parasitic infection, alergic reactions....
Intresting, member reporting that in fasting periods he get rid of pois...
That olso lead me to xoliar indicated to alergic asthma and mcas patients...

UPDATE 5#

Since my last update I had 2 blood test. In both of them prolactin resulted into the limits.
But for my last blood test my doctor requested also 2 unusal things: IGF-1 and IgE, that both came up above their normal ranges:

IgE   562,00 UI/mL   (<120,00)
IGF-1   279,80 ng/mL   (96,40 - 227,80)

Update #2

After 2 months on Cabergoline I had another blood test. Now prolactine is in the range: 13 ng/mL [3.5 - 19.4].
In my last 2 analysis it was 55.9  and 41.5 ng/mL.

Dairy products consumption:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin-like_growth_factor_1#Possible_causes_of_elevated_IGF-1_levels

Acne, Oily skin, Diet (carbs, dairy), Androgen involvement:

Oily Skin: An Overview

Over-stimulation of insulin/IGF-1 signaling by Western diet may promote diseases of civilization: lessons learnt from Laron syndrome

Mast cells also produce IGF-1.

IGF-1 seems to be able to activate mTOR pathways. mTOR regulates mast cell activation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin-like_growth_factor_1#Mechanism_of_action

https://youtu.be/9QbZp3WcC1Q?t=3079

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/exd.13288

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0301472X06003961

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:51:00 PM by Muon »