Author Topic: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)  (Read 121367 times)

mike_sweden

Re: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »
update once again, have skipped paleo and moved on to FODMAP, much better.

b_jim

« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2019, 07:33:30 AM »
Hi Mike and congratulations.
Maybe you could create a topic to explain all your diet changes and what is helping you the best.

I changed my diet too :
Suppress or reduce a lot milk product,
More fruit, vegetables and nuts
Sprouted seeds

But I don't know what to think about FODMAp diet.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »
Intestinal B cell-activating factor: an indicator of non-IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reactions to food?

Sorry just tired or something. Is this suggesting we should lower BAFF or raise it to ease symptoms?

** Did some more research and it suggests we lower this for autoimmunity. Just need some clarification.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:31:45 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Warrior

« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2022, 05:36:21 PM »
This sounds like lectins are a problem for you as they are for me. I know how difficult it can be to individually test foods and how prone to placebo it is. Have you considered going on a strict Dr. Gundry lectin-free diet? He also states that a lot of people who think they have a dairy/lactose intolerance actually have an intolerance to the proteins in A1 milk (which is the primary milk source in America/Australia). A2 dairy (jersey cows, goat milk, etc) is primarily used in Europe/Italy, which you may be more tolerant to. Nevermind, just read your list again and saw A2 doesn't work for you either

Comebackkid

« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2022, 10:41:46 PM »
Hey, I think you should take a look at the post I made today.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4232.0

I honestly saw your thread 2 years ago and you are part of the reason I got led down the path to finding the information that I have found. It all starts in the GI system but I  fully believe we can all heal. Food sensitivities are the start of this but, but sometimes we have some other stuff going on that just will not allow our bodies to heal.

Spartak

« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
Diet is a thing for me as well, nit just POIS wise but in general well being.

It has been few moths since I had been on a quantum medicine diagnostics, it showed me that my gut is in a pretty bad condition, candida, leaky gut etc.

I got full list of food, herbs  and other stuff that I should avoid for the next 6 months, until the next check up. Also list of the the stuff that is helpful, like for example: certain vitamins, supplements, herbs etc,  to fix and detox the gut.
Overall main things  that I should avoid are animal milk products, things that contain gluten,  refined sugars, honey for some reason is ok  ased on the results, any sort of eggs and yeasts.
Overall it gave me how tolerable I am for almost every single product we eat, some are ok, some are great, some are sometimes to eat, and some are avoid for certain time and some are crossed, mentioned above.

I have cheat days, but I try to follow as much as I can, cheat days does not seem to affect me anymore, and since the begging improvements are huge, and it is just getting better and better.
I even forget often that I had few orgasms day before, and even when I get anxious moods some booze( not healthy I know) makes me totally functional. Also what I noticed that transition from Pois to no Pois is way less notable.
Brain fog improvements are I would say 100% or very close to it. Occasionally it can get lower, but mostly if I eat something sweet before O or  right after O.
In a few months I will have a new check up, I expect that gut would be healed, that I would be able to eat some stuff I chould avoid now, though I got used and I would try to follow what is the best for life, I will also do blood and dna test for food tolerance soon.
And I hope that Pois will disappear completely, since this is the 1st thing, after I quit sugars by myself long ago that is making a huge progress.
I also wish to everyone Pois free life, best wishes
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2022, 07:34:25 AM »
Diet is a thing for me as well, nit just POIS wise but in general well being.

It has been few moths since I had been on a quantum medicine diagnostics, it showed me that my gut is in a pretty bad condition, candida, leaky gut etc.

I got full list of food, herbs  and other stuff that I should avoid for the next 6 months, until the next check up. Also list of the the stuff that is helpful, like for example: certain vitamins, supplements, herbs etc,  to fix and detox the gut.
Overall main things  that I should avoid are animal milk products, things that contain gluten,  refined sugars, honey for some reason is ok  ased on the results, any sort of eggs and yeasts.
Overall it gave me how tolerable I am for almost every single product we eat, some are ok, some are great, some are sometimes to eat, and some are avoid for certain time and some are crossed, mentioned above.

I have cheat days, but I try to follow as much as I can, cheat days does not seem to affect me anymore, and since the begging improvements are huge, and it is just getting better and better.
I even forget often that I had few orgasms day before, and even when I get anxious moods some booze( not healthy I know) makes me totally functional. Also what I noticed that transition from Pois to no Pois is way less notable.
Brain fog improvements are I would say 100% or very close to it. Occasionally it can get lower, but mostly if I eat something sweet before O or  right after O.
In a few months I will have a new check up, I expect that gut would be healed, that I would be able to eat some stuff I chould avoid now, though I got used and I would try to follow what is the best for life, I will also do blood and dna test for food tolerance soon.
And I hope that Pois will disappear completely, since this is the 1st thing, after I quit sugars by myself long ago that is making a huge progress.
I also wish to everyone Pois free life, best wishes
Thanks for sharing the details of your successful approach, Spartak !
I hope you will come back in a few months to keep us updated!
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Going less Crazy

« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2023, 10:23:47 PM »
Hello everyone. 7 years later and I am doing much better. I seem to be able to tolerate more foods (mostly insomnia causing over abdominal pain causing wise). If I know I will eat something sketchy that may cause insomnia (such as citric acid in processed foods) I take a 10 mg zyrtec. This seems to last for all the next day as well to aid in sleep and eating insomnia causing foods. So max 10 mg every other day, 175 lbs male. If something causes a bad brain reaction (mood) I take an ibuprofen or 2, usually 1, this is rare.

Still 100% avoid gluten, even cross contamination, which is instant 3 day pain for me (undiagnosed celiac highly likely). No POIS, though zyrtec does make me a bit tired but it is well worth it.

Current morning supplements are just a microdose of black seed oil and sometimes a microdose of Japanese knotweed for potential lyme that caused celiac, but I doubt it, just to make me feel like I'm doing something for that cause. Knotweed can tear up your gut though, gives me gut pain which is why I microdose, and I mean microdose it only sometimes. Black seed oil I just put my tongue on the bottle, let it hit my tongue, and that's it.

Kudos.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2023, 11:18:37 PM »
Hi GLC !  Great to have some news from you, thanks for the update.
I am glad that your gluten-free diet is still working for you, and that you have found a way to avoid POIS at 100%.
Your story will inspire other members.
I hope you will still come back here from time to time!

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Warrior

« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2023, 04:28:45 AM »
Hello everyone. 7 years later and I am doing much better. I seem to be able to tolerate more foods (mostly insomnia causing over abdominal pain causing wise). If I know I will eat something sketchy that may cause insomnia (such as citric acid in processed foods) I take a 10 mg zyrtec. This seems to last for all the next day as well to aid in sleep and eating insomnia causing foods. So max 10 mg every other day, 175 lbs male. If something causes a bad brain reaction (mood) I take an ibuprofen or 2, usually 1, this is rare.

Still 100% avoid gluten, even cross contamination, which is instant 3 day pain for me (undiagnosed celiac highly likely). No POIS, though zyrtec does make me a bit tired but it is well worth it.

Current morning supplements are just a microdose of black seed oil and sometimes a microdose of Japanese knotweed for potential lyme that caused celiac, but I doubt it, just to make me feel like I'm doing something for that cause. Knotweed can tear up your gut though, gives me gut pain which is why I microdose, and I mean microdose it only sometimes. Black seed oil I just put my tongue on the bottle, let it hit my tongue, and that's it.

Kudos.
Hi GLC !  Great to have some news from you, thanks for the update.
I am glad that your gluten-free diet is still working for you, and that you have found a way to avoid POIS at 100%.
Your story will inspire other members.
I hope you will still come back here from time to time!

Going gluten-free was one of the best decisions I ever made for my POIS. My functional medicine practitioner said that gluten/wheat can absolutely effect both autoimmunity AND histamine. So it's definitely a useful thing for POISERS to investigate.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2023, 06:54:48 PM »
Hello all and thx for the replies.

I am able to eat straight up eggs now. No gut pain. Very interesting. Also I am able to tolerate Udis GF white bread and Udis GF whole grain bread now without issue it seems. Also mayonnaise is no problem. This is good. Perhaps 8 years of avoiding has done something. A little hope for those on this path maybe. Adios.