Author Topic: Is POIS a version of CFS?  (Read 53968 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Is POIS a version of CFS?
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2021, 05:04:14 PM »
I have had CFS for 6 years and my wife just developed it too

Also my gf has terrible POIS too, and by terrible I mean really for like 2-3 days if she orgasms twice in a day...

These symptoms started for my guy when he was 15 years old. But I don?t know when these really started for me. My guy was the one who found that I also have this thing. Before, we thought only he has this shit. (We called it ?Over?). Then we started to notice my symptoms too. We did search internet and I found you tube video about POIS and then I saw this forum link in the comments section.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
Organic Acid Test (OAT) results – do we ALL show the Warburg effect?

Immune responses make use of glycolysis.  Pathogens can hijack host cell metabolism and may lead to the Warburg effect. Could some of these parameters be abnormal in POISers considering low BMI/energy that doesn't reflect their food intake?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Human Herpesviruses Are Back!

Furthermore, it was demonstrated that EBV dUTPase is secreted in exosomes from chemically induced Raji cells at sufficient levels to induce NF-?B activation and cytokine secretion in hDCs and PBMCs through a TLR 2-dependent mechanism [72]. Exosomes are produced by numerous cell types, have been implicated in numerous diseases, including ME/CFS [84], and are capable of trafficking to various organs within the body, including the brain, where they function as intercellular messengers.

Virus changing exosome content?

Exosomes in human semen carry a distinctive repertoire of small non-coding RNAs with potential regulatory functions

Extracellular vesicles in human semen modulate antigen-presenting cell function and decrease downstream antiviral T cell responses

A downregulated DBH can be problematic when you need a burst of norepi during orgasm via DBH.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:05:30 PM by Muon »

Cursed

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2021, 06:03:35 PM »
Crossposting my own message from another thread, because I think it's important:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=555.msg39561#msg39561

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
Neuroinflammation and Cytokines in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A Critical Review of Research Methods
Table 1: Brief review of brain magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) studies in ME/CFS. Click on pic:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:27:39 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
Reduced Endothelial Function in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome–Results From Open-Label Cyclophosphamide Intervention Study

Muon's prediction for the future: Reduced endothelial function in Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 04:48:32 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2021, 03:42:30 PM »
RIP Dr. Jay A. Goldstein

"I was deeply saddened to learn that Dr. Jay Goldstein had passed away on March 4, 2021. Dr. Goldstein was a pioneer among ME/CFS researchers and clinicians. He rose to prominence in the 1990s through his clinical practice, and through the publication of several seminal works, chief among them: Betrayal by the Brain : The Neurologic Basis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and Related Neural Network Disorders, Tuning the Brain : Principles and Practice of Neurosomatic Medicine, and Chronic Fatigue Syndromes : The Limbic Hypothesis. In addition to his books, Dr. Goldstein was also one of the editors, along with Dr. Byron Hyde, of The Clinical and Scientific Basis of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, a collection of papers on clinical practice and research that remains unsurpassed in both depth and scope.

Dr. Goldstein believed that ME/CFS was the result of an insult to the limbic system, located deep within the brain. The limbic system is involved with memory, emotion, and regulation of the autonomic nervous system. This last function is of critical importance to maintaining homeostasis in the body, as the autonomic nervous system regulates appetite, body temperature, blood pressure, blood sugar, sleep, wakefulness, heart rate, digestion - in short, nearly every physiological function necessary for maintaining life.

Dr. Goldstein's theory, as laid out in his book, Betrayal by the Brain, was that ME/CFS is essentially a communication problem between the limbic system and the rest of the nervous system. His "limbic hypothesis" essentially states that no matter what the underlying cause of ME/CFS, the result is an injury to the limbic system, which subsequently causes widespread neuroimmune dysfunction. He identified ME/CFS as a "neurosomatic" illness, that is, a disorder of central nervous system processing. Dr. Goldstein based his theory on what he knew of the brain, which was substantial, as well as what he had observed of his patients' reactions to various psychotropic medications. Recent studies have shown that in his approach Dr. Goldstein was  far ahead of his time.

Dr. Goldstein will be sorely missed, not just for his tremendous insights but for his compassion and commitment to his patients. There will never be another like him. RIP Dr. Jay A. Goldstein.
"

Edit: Send me a private message when you are interested in his book Tuning the Brain.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 04:13:58 PM by Muon »

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
RIP if only there were more doctors out there like him...

Mr Raba

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2021, 10:57:51 PM »
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Human Herpesviruses Are Back!

Furthermore, it was demonstrated that EBV dUTPase is secreted in exosomes from chemically induced Raji cells at sufficient levels to induce NF-?B activation and cytokine secretion in hDCs and PBMCs through a TLR 2-dependent mechanism [72]. Exosomes are produced by numerous cell types, have been implicated in numerous diseases, including ME/CFS [84], and are capable of trafficking to various organs within the body, including the brain, where they function as intercellular messengers.

Virus changing exosome content?

Exosomes in human semen carry a distinctive repertoire of small non-coding RNAs with potential regulatory functions

Extracellular vesicles in human semen modulate antigen-presenting cell function and decrease downstream antiviral T cell responses

A downregulated DBH can be problematic when you need a burst of norepi during orgasm via DBH.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Has anybody tried treating POIS with ME/CFS treatments?
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2021, 05:03:20 AM »
I sometimes feel like POIS is some type of ME/CFS, the decreasing of creativity/more advanced cognitive functions, the lethargic heavy body fatigued type of state, the overall slowness and feeling of lack of energy, the triggering of symptoms from specific activities only - almost everything about POIS matches ME/CFS except for POISers the main trigger is orgasm and most others activities do not give such negative state as it does for those with ME/CFS e.g. like how exertion worsens it for them and also POIS attacks usually are not that bad and shorter but in rarer cases with too many orgasms in one week they can become very bad

Bob Morane

Re: Has anybody tried treating POIS with ME/CFS treatments?
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2021, 08:21:36 AM »
Oh yes - there are definitely many similarities I agree

Cursed

Re: Has anybody tried treating POIS with ME/CFS treatments?
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
I think I have both and have tried a lot of things over the years, but it seems that despite the similarities, ME patients seem to have more post exertional malaise, and POIS sufferers have more cognitive and psychiatric symptoms. I believe these conditions have didferent causes and mechanisms. That's just my opinion though.

I don't know what exactly do you mean by ME specific treatmenta, but I have tried Mestinon, LDN, coq10 and more, and probably many more, but no real effect on POIS. Coq10 has a huge effect on energy, but I cannot tolerate it.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2021, 05:11:08 AM »
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/postorgasmic-illness-syndrome-pois.81982/page-2#post-2364995

Checking in. I've been on Abilify (aripiprazole) 0.2mg for ~6 weeks. I'm happy to report that it reduces the severity and intensity of my ME symptoms across the board, including very noticeably those of POIS. It's the first drug to ever work for my ME.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, the POIS became more prominent over the years as I declined from moderate to severe (98% bedbound). The inverse now also appears true: an improvement to ME symptoms eases the POIS.

Some form of neurotransmitter imbalance appears to tie the two together, in my case of secondary POIS, at least.

Low dose. Likely a neurotransmitter involved which is linked to high affinity receptors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aripiprazole#Pharmacodynamics

Cursed

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2021, 07:52:07 AM »
Very interesting Muon! I was wondering for a while if anyone tried it for POIS.

Mr Raba

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2021, 02:02:37 AM »
And now this amazing article that explains why amino acids, vasodilators, immune mediators help both POIS and CFS.   It is an irrigation issue!

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/12/08/energy-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-immunometabolic-disease/
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2022, 01:34:37 PM »
POIS/CFS/POTS could be brainstem pathologies as in overlap of affected areas within the brainstem.