Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2018, 05:26:56 AM

:    
Please complete the 2018 POIS Survey !
****   Click here for the link !   ****
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Thank you !
22558 1807 758
: lowenthalzach
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Testosterone
« previous next »
: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
: Testosterone  ( 106195 )
demografx
Administrator
: 3411

« #255 : October 02, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »

For those of you who have been following some of the more detailed info of my 10 years’ successful TRT treatment for my testosterone deficiency, resulting in greatly improved POIS symptoms... here are my latest lab results:

PREPARED for: “demografx”

Testosterone, Free, Total and SHBG (Women & Children/Men w/Androgen Deficiency) - Details

About This Test
      Details/Past Results/Graph of Past Results

9/27/2018  6:38 AM

Component Results
Component
Value
Ref Range & Units
Status
Testosterone, LC-MS/MS (see my next post below for explanation of 
LC-MS/MS)

300 - 720 ng/dL
Final
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Testosterone, LC-MS/MS
Access complete set of age- and/or gender-specific reference
intervals for this test in the XXXX Laboratory Test Directory

Test developed and characteristics determined by XXXX
Laboratories. See Compliance Statement B
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

11 - 80 nmol/L
Final
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

Testosterone, Free LC-MS/MS

47.0 - 244.0 pg/mL
Final
To convert to pmol/L, multiply pg/mL by 3.47

The concentration of Free Testosterone is derived from a
mathematical expression based on the constant for the binding of
testosterone to sex hormone binding globulin.

REFERENCE INTERVAL: Testosterone, Free LC-MS/MS

Test developed and characteristics determined by XXXX
Laboratories. See Compliance Statement B

Performed by XXXX Laboratories,

Lab and Collection
Testosterone, Free, Total and SHBG (Women & Children/Men w/Androgen Deficiency) on 9/20/2018

Reviewed By
My Primary Care MD on 9/28/2018  8:08 AM

Collection Information
Specimen ID:
Blood

Collected:
9/20/2018 1434

Received:
9/21/2018 2227

Testing Performed By
XXXX Lab - Abbreviation
Name
Director
Address
Valid Date Range
XXXX Lab
« : October 03, 2018, 11:44:56 PM demografx »

Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
demografx
Administrator

« #256 : October 02, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »

What is an LC-MS/MS test?

Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS) is an analytical chemistry technique that combines the physical separation capabilities of liquid chromatography (or HPLC) with the mass analysis capabilities of mass spectrometry (MS).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_chromatography–mass_spectrometry

« : October 02, 2018, 11:21:12 PM demografx »

Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
demografx
Administrator

« #257 : October 04, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

[Low testosterone reported] from [most] forum members here.

What are your actual statistics? How many forum POISers have reported low testosterone?

From February 2007 - - > till today
(currently 600+ registered forum members/POISers).

« : October 04, 2018, 08:31:12 AM demografx »

hurray
Lab1
: 91

« #258 : October 22, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »

There is an interesting alternative to traditional TRT injections/gels called clomiphene (Clomid). According to the second link below, it does not have a negative effect on male fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5508437/

https://www.dontcookyourballs.com/can-clomid-treat-male-infertility/

Here's a quote from another paper regarding TRT and fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854084/

"Alternatively, CC (clomiphene citrate) is commonly used as an alternative to TRT to treat hypogonadism in men wishing to preserve spermatogenesis. The ability to take an oral medicine that is relatively inexpensive and has good long-term safety data and is clinically efficacious at ameliorating hypogonadal symptoms is clearly advantageous."
« : October 22, 2018, 02:11:43 PM hurray »
Vandemolen
: 547

« #259 : October 22, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »

There is an interesting alternative to traditional TRT injections/gels called clomiphene (Clomid). According to the second link below, it does not have a negative effect on male fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5508437/

https://www.dontcookyourballs.com/can-clomid-treat-male-infertility/

Here's a quote from another paper regarding TRT and fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854084/

"Alternatively, CC (clomiphene citrate) is commonly used as an alternative to TRT to treat hypogonadism in men wishing to preserve spermatogenesis. The ability to take an oral medicine that is relatively inexpensive and has good long-term safety data and is clinically efficacious at ameliorating hypogonadal symptoms is clearly advantageous."
Interesting about Clomid. My POIS came in a period when my weight went 20 kilo’s (44lb) up. I used to play soccer 3 times a week. And I ate at home. Eveyday a fresh made meal from my parents. I was skinny but healthy. Then I graduated from the university and got a job. I stopped with soccer and ate fastfood and pasta. And I live in The Netherlands where there normally is not much sun. I think in that period my vitamin D leverl dropped. And also my TRT level. I think that was one of the many triggers to develop POIS. So taking Clomid is interestting. Is there another person who took this? I don’t wanna take TRT pills or patches because I am 41 years old. But my TRT level is a bit low. See my level on the blood test topic. I will aks my POIS doctor what he thinks about taking Clomid.

There is also link between low TRT and prostatitis (my main problem):
https://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/researchers-find-connection-between-low-testosterone-and-cp-cpps/

I saw that Quantum already wrote about Clomid:

On the prescription only side, clomiphene ( Clomid) is an alternative to TRT.  Less side effects, but it is quite hard on the liver, and if you read my latest post on liver detoxification, you will know that any med toxic for the liver is not optimal for anyone, and surely not for someone with POIS  ( see at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2431.msg20521#msg20521 about liver detoxification)   .  Note that clomiphene is known for treatment of infertility, but chances are your general practitioner may not know about it boosting testosterone levels.  On the long run, you have to decide which one between TRT and clomiphene would be a "lesser bad".  After all, that's why prescription only drugs are prescription only, don't they?

Raising the immune tolerance, as testosterone does, to whatever antigen we have in either the prostate or seminal glands or bulbourethral glands, is what I think is effective in TRT for POIS.  So raising T should help.  It's not the only issue in POIS, but one way to attack this multi-headed beast.
« : October 22, 2018, 03:02:54 PM Vandemolen »

POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 70% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.
hurray
Lab1

« #260 : October 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »

Interesting about Clomid. My POIS came in a period when my weight went 20 kilo’s (44lb) up. I used to play soccer 3 times a week. And I ate at home. Eveyday a fresh made meal from my parents. I was skinny but healthy. Then I graduated from the university and got a job. I stopped with soccer and ate fastfood and pasta. And I live in The Netherlands where there normally is not much sun. I think in that period my vitamin D leverl dropped. And also my TRT level. I think that was one of the many triggers to develop POIS. So taking Clomid is interestting. Is there another person who took this? I don’t wanna take TRT pills or patches because I am 41 years old. But my TRT level is a bit low. See my level on the blood test topic. I will aks my POIS doctor what he thinks about taking Clomid.

There is also link between low TRT and prostatitis (my main problem):
https://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/researchers-find-connection-between-low-testosterone-and-cp-cpps/

I saw that Quantum already wrote about Clomid:

Well, the good news is that Clomid is cheap and readily available. It was approved as a fertility drug in 1967, and has been available in a generic form for a long time. Its secondary properties of raising testosterone levels in men were only discovered relatively recently.

I would be interested to know what your POIS doctor thinks about Clomid. It sounds like you have other good reasons for increasing your testosterone levels, and hopefully your doctor will take those into consideration.

I had not seen Quantum's information about Clomid in the other thread, he shares some very interesting thoughts.

demografx
Administrator

« #261 : October 23, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »

hurray, nice to see you again, you’re one of the very early members!

hurray
Lab1

« #262 : October 25, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »

hurray, nice to see you again, you’re one of the very early members!

Hi Demo, good to see you too!

Yes, I think I joined in with the Naked Scientist forum discussion around page 40, of course you were there right from the beginning along with John21 and B_Jim :)

It's a great community, all working towards the same goal - beating POIS!
Muon
: 254

« #263 : November 27, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »

Demo, have you been checked for decreased bone mass density?

Association of Testosterone and Estradiol Deficiency with Osteoporosis and Rapid Bone Loss in Older Men
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/91/10/3908/2656491

demografx
Administrator

« #264 : November 30, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »

Demo, have you been checked for decreased bone mass density?

Association of Testosterone and Estradiol Deficiency with Osteoporosis and Rapid Bone Loss in Older Men
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/91/10/3908/2656491

No, but I’ll send my Report to the Association ;D

demografx
Administrator

« #265 : November 30, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »

Lately I’ve been forgetting to take my daily testosterone...too often.

It shows!

Even after 10 years of diligent treatment, the nasty, old symptoms have increased! Mainly in length of time to recover, not in the severity of the symptoms.

So...I’ve gone back to my daily regimen!!  :) :)

« : December 02, 2018, 10:09:54 PM demografx »

demografx
Administrator

« #266 : December 02, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »

I feel much better now in-and-out-of-POIS since going back to daily treatment.

Demo: follow your doctor’s advice!

« : December 03, 2018, 01:51:25 AM demografx »

demografx
Administrator

« #267 : December 10, 2018, 07:30:21 PM »

Yes! And I wish we could all beat it to death! ;D

david
: 23

« #268 : December 14, 2018, 11:57:34 PM »

Yes! And I wish we could all beat it to death! ;D

hahaha :)
looks to me u got euphoria after you get back to T :)
i was the same during first week on trt
now my body accustomed to my new(natural) T level and i feel normal
no euphoria but still much better then i felt myself before trt
my life was miserable: constant depression, severe fatigue, severe pois symptoms, hard brain fog etc
not its gone :)
anyway glad for you
demografx
Administrator

« #269 : December 15, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »

Thanks, david! ;D

: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  
« previous next »
: