Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 354860 times)

b_jim

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »
I didn't succes to avoid cold symptom today. Next time I will try 10000 UI 15 minutes before ejaculation. I feel my my hands becoming cold. There is vasoconstriction effect.
Some guys with Raynaud's syndrome have improvement with vit D.
It seems Raynaud sufferers have higher levels of homocysteine.

Monday I worked at low temperature (0-1°C) and I suffered from cold (day1).
Compared to saturday, I worked without gloves.
It's like if Pois activate a form of Rayaud syndrome.
Vitamine D seems not effective against this symtom.
Anyway with taurine and vitamine D I made my work without fatigue and without loss of concetration and it's a huge improvement compared to my state 15 years ago. No more hot flashes, no more sleep problems, no more digestive troubles....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:32:05 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Vandemolen

« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2017, 07:52:21 PM »
That’s great b-jim. Do you take the taurine an hour before sexual activity and the vitamine D 15 minutes before?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:38:50 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:50 AM »
I take the taurine 30 minutes before because it seems to be more effective (not sure).
I take the vitamine D during lunch to improve absorbtion.
I will try to change this point (30 minute or 15 minutes before). Not sure it will change something, maybe there is an important inertia of vitamine D in blood.

I make the hypothesis that vitamine D is "pumped" to synthetize testosterone or semen after ejaculation.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
I take the taurine 30 minutes before because it seems to be more effective (not sure).
I take the vitamine D during lunch to improve absorbtion.
I will try to change this point (30 minute or 15 minutes before). Not sure it will change something, maybe there is an important inertia of vitamine D in blood.

I make the hypothesis that vitamine D is "pumped" to synthetize testosterone or semen after ejaculation.
Do you also take it every day

Disaster

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2017, 03:48:06 AM »
Quote from: b_jim link=topic=17.msg22231#msg22231 date=1510990380
[/quote
I also feel cold. In my case it’s because my prostate is imflamed after ecajulation.

I get the feeling like my Prostate swells up during erections and spasms hard during O and then is sore after..
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Disaster

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2017, 03:56:45 AM »
I didn't succes to avoid cold symptom today. Next time I will try 10000 UI 15 minutes before ejaculation. I feel my my hands becoming cold. There is vasoconstriction effect.
Some guys with Raynaud's syndrome have improvement with vit D.
It seems Raynaud sufferers have higher levels of homocysteine.....

This is similar to what I have been saying for years that there is an abnormal blood pressure vasodilator/constrictor effect. It may not be the cause but there might be a chemical released that is causing it
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

b_jim

« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »
I take 5000 UI 1 hour before ejaculation, and without taurine : it was terrible. Only worked 3 hours with low energy flu-like, cold like and poor concentration.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2017, 01:11:40 PM »
bjim do you still take taurine everyday.

b_jim

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »
I only take taurine before ejaculation ( so 1 or 2 times a week).

I took it every day during 2014,2015 and maybe 2016 but i got testicular problem.
No proof it was linked but I chose to take taurine just before ejaculation.

I don't understand how does it work.
Does it improves testosterone level ? Dopamine ? Semen synthesis ?
I have no idea.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
Bjim, I told my doctor about your vitamine D routine. He said that it makes sense because vitamin D is well know as a helper against allergies like hay fever. Vitamin D turns your auto immune system.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2017, 02:00:26 AM »

Could testosterone / cortisol intertwine regards to POIS?

I wonder about this as well.

I’m on testosterone for POIS now (the subject of this thread :) ) for 8 years

Best holiday wishes
Demo
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:46:48 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »
Vitamine D seems to be a failure :/  I recommand to make a bloodtest and keep good/high level but it seems not to be a direct factor of Pois.
I really would like to understand WHY taurine works.
I will try in 2018 a new supplement supposed to improve dopaminergic function, adding radiola, L-Tyrosine to taurine.
And i would like to understand why Testosterone and progesterone help some Poisers.
Testosterone in blood is responding to a 7 days cycles of abstinence.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2017, 09:19:33 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »
An update on my case. I have very low testosterone in the 5.0 range. I have been referred to an Endo who did some more tests and found my luteinizing hormone (LH) to be very low given my testosterone range. If the testes is struggling to produce testosterone then the LH levels should be very high as that is what instructs the testes to produce testosterone, so I have been diagnosed to have secondary hypogonadism. This means that the pituitary gland which produces LH is not doing it's job probably.

There could be two reasons for this - one is increased Estrogen which does a reverse feedback loop to pituitary gland to ask it to produce less LH. Another reason could be that the pituitary gland is a little lethargic but considering all my other pituitary gland hormones are normal it can be sort of ruled out. I don't think they checked my estrogen level so that will be the next course of action.

So anyone having POIS along with low testosterone I would urge you guys to measure your LH and Estrogen levels to check out if there are issues. Then try to increase your testosterone by reducing estrogen to possibly benefit from reduction in POIS.
What kind of medicines did you doctor gave you? A disfunction of the pituitary can explain the low testosterone.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
After 10 years’ POIS treatment experimentation, my own, personal “cure” (by no means 100%) is:

• TRT

• a healthier lifestyle

Thank you for listening :)

But that DOESN’T mean that it will work for...YOU. Best wishes to everyone for finding YOUR personal, POIS treatment formula: what works for *one* POISer doesn’t mean it will work for...YOU. We’re all different!

Best wishes!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:06:29 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
For those of you who have been following some of the more detailed info of my 10 years’ successful TRT treatment for my testosterone deficiency, resulting in greatly improved POIS symptoms... here are my latest lab results:

PREPARED for: “demografx”

Testosterone, Free, Total and SHBG (Women & Children/Men w/Androgen Deficiency) - Details

About This Test
      Details/Past Results/Graph of Past Results

9/27/2018  6:38 AM

Component Results
Component
Value
Ref Range & Units
Status
Testosterone, LC-MS/MS (see my next post below for explanation of 
LC-MS/MS)

300 - 720 ng/dL
Final
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Testosterone, LC-MS/MS
Access complete set of age- and/or gender-specific reference
intervals for this test in the XXXX Laboratory Test Directory

Test developed and characteristics determined by XXXX
Laboratories. See Compliance Statement B
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

11 - 80 nmol/L
Final
REFERENCE INTERVAL: Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

Testosterone, Free LC-MS/MS

47.0 - 244.0 pg/mL
Final
To convert to pmol/L, multiply pg/mL by 3.47

The concentration of Free Testosterone is derived from a
mathematical expression based on the constant for the binding of
testosterone to sex hormone binding globulin.

REFERENCE INTERVAL: Testosterone, Free LC-MS/MS

Test developed and characteristics determined by XXXX
Laboratories. See Compliance Statement B

Performed by XXXX Laboratories,

Lab and Collection
Testosterone, Free, Total and SHBG (Women & Children/Men w/Androgen Deficiency) on 9/20/2018

Reviewed By
My Primary Care MD on 9/28/2018  8:08 AM

Collection Information
Specimen ID:
Blood

Collected:
9/20/2018 1434

Received:
9/21/2018 2227

Testing Performed By
XXXX Lab - Abbreviation
Name
Director
Address
Valid Date Range
XXXX Lab
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:44:56 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »
What is an LC-MS/MS test?

Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS) is an analytical chemistry technique that combines the physical separation capabilities of liquid chromatography (or HPLC) with the mass analysis capabilities of mass spectrometry (MS).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_chromatography–mass_spectrometry

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:21:12 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

[Low testosterone reported] from [most] forum members here.

What are your actual statistics? How many forum POISers have reported low testosterone?

From February 2007 - - > till today
(currently 600+ registered forum members/POISers).

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:31:12 AM by demografx »

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »
There is an interesting alternative to traditional TRT injections/gels called clomiphene (Clomid). According to the second link below, it does not have a negative effect on male fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5508437/

https://www.dontcookyourballs.com/can-clomid-treat-male-infertility/

Here's a quote from another paper regarding TRT and fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854084/

"Alternatively, CC (clomiphene citrate) is commonly used as an alternative to TRT to treat hypogonadism in men wishing to preserve spermatogenesis. The ability to take an oral medicine that is relatively inexpensive and has good long-term safety data and is clinically efficacious at ameliorating hypogonadal symptoms is clearly advantageous."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:11:43 PM by hurray »

Vandemolen

« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »
There is an interesting alternative to traditional TRT injections/gels called clomiphene (Clomid). According to the second link below, it does not have a negative effect on male fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5508437/

https://www.dontcookyourballs.com/can-clomid-treat-male-infertility/

Here's a quote from another paper regarding TRT and fertility:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854084/

"Alternatively, CC (clomiphene citrate) is commonly used as an alternative to TRT to treat hypogonadism in men wishing to preserve spermatogenesis. The ability to take an oral medicine that is relatively inexpensive and has good long-term safety data and is clinically efficacious at ameliorating hypogonadal symptoms is clearly advantageous."
Interesting about Clomid. My POIS came in a period when my weight went 20 kilo’s (44lb) up. I used to play soccer 3 times a week. And I ate at home. Eveyday a fresh made meal from my parents. I was skinny but healthy. Then I graduated from the university and got a job. I stopped with soccer and ate fastfood and pasta. And I live in The Netherlands where there normally is not much sun. I think in that period my vitamin D leverl dropped. And also my TRT level. I think that was one of the many triggers to develop POIS. So taking Clomid is interestting. Is there another person who took this? I don’t wanna take TRT pills or patches because I am 41 years old. But my TRT level is a bit low. See my level on the blood test topic. I will aks my POIS doctor what he thinks about taking Clomid.

There is also link between low TRT and prostatitis (my main problem):
https://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/researchers-find-connection-between-low-testosterone-and-cp-cpps/

I saw that Quantum already wrote about Clomid:

On the prescription only side, clomiphene ( Clomid) is an alternative to TRT.  Less side effects, but it is quite hard on the liver, and if you read my latest post on liver detoxification, you will know that any med toxic for the liver is not optimal for anyone, and surely not for someone with POIS  ( see at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2431.msg20521#msg20521 about liver detoxification)   .  Note that clomiphene is known for treatment of infertility, but chances are your general practitioner may not know about it boosting testosterone levels.  On the long run, you have to decide which one between TRT and clomiphene would be a "lesser bad".  After all, that's why prescription only drugs are prescription only, don't they?

Raising the immune tolerance, as testosterone does, to whatever antigen we have in either the prostate or seminal glands or bulbourethral glands, is what I think is effective in TRT for POIS.  So raising T should help.  It's not the only issue in POIS, but one way to attack this multi-headed beast.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:02:54 PM by Vandemolen »