Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 583554 times)

Prancer

• MM group
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
Thank you demografx! I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

Longterm, I believe that accumulated damage can easily occur. With over 30 years of POIS, I'm sure I would be a different person

That was back a few years ago before your cure. Do you now think POIS has left any permanent damage with you, or do you now feel like you did before POIS ever since your testosterone cure?
This might be a silly question, but if you were to completely stop taking testosterone do you think your POIS would come back? And lastly, does taking hot showers still affect you since your cure?

Thanks!
Symptoms (mostly cognitive): brain fog/difficulty thinking, lack of motivation, fatigue, trouble finding the right words, racing thoughts, possible OCD, anxiety, social withdrawal, extreme frustration and irritability, general discomfort.

Born in 1989, and symptoms since I was 14.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »

Thank you demografx! I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

Not at all.

Longterm, I believe that accumulated damage can easily occur. With over 30 years of POIS, I'm sure I would be a different person

That was back a few years ago before your cure. Do you now think POIS has left any permanent damage with you, or do you now feel like you did before POIS ever since your testosterone cure?

Excellent question, difficult answer. My guess is that some disturbance remains in cognitive performance (concentration, memory).

This might be a silly question, but if you were to completely stop taking testosterone do you think your POIS would come back?

I don't know and I am afraid to find out so I will not :)

And lastly, does taking hot showers still affect you since your cure?

Yes.

Thanks!

You're most welcome!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:35:32 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Hoping

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »
Hi everybody,
While I appreciate the purpose of this thread as a transition from NSF, I instead encourage people to use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" feature. By using this, you can simultaneously view all the most recent posts throughout the forum. It looks similar to NSF, but is broken up by thread titles.

To access this feature:
(1) enter the main page of the forum (where you see "General Category," "POIS Life Style," etc.).
(2) scroll to the bottom of this page where you will see a heading that reads "Forum Stats"
(3) under this heading, there is a link that reads "view the most recent posts on the forum." click it. you can now view and respond to the most recent posts from one location.

(see attached screen shot if you need additional direction)

Although I think that the "This may seem like a familar place" thread is well-intentioned, I also feel like it detracts from the purpose of the new forum. We don't want a new NSF that's 700 pages long. Let's create individual threads and really use this new forum to its full potential!   :)
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Stef

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
Hi everybody,
While I appreciate the purpose of this thread as a transition from NSF, I instead encourage people to use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" feature. By using this, you can simultaneously view all the most recent posts throughout the forum. It looks similar to NSF, but is broken up by thread titles.

To access this feature:
(1) enter the main page of the forum (where you see "General Category," "POIS Life Style," etc.).
(2) scroll to the bottom of this page where you will see a heading that reads "Forum Stats"
(3) under this heading, there is a link that reads "view the most recent posts on the forum." click it. you can now view and respond to the most recent posts from one location.

Although I think that the "This may seem like a familar place" thread is well-intentioned, I also feel like it detracts from the purpose of the new forum. We don't want a new NSF that's 700 pages long. Let's create individual threads and really use this new forum to its full potential!   :)

Hoping,

Excellent suggestion!  I already have the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link bookmarked, and also rely on the RSS feed.

Of course, Daveman also set up several individual threads that can be added to or where new topics can be started.  (Ironically, I just started a new topic!)

Soon the entire poiscenter.com will be "a familiar place."

And it will likely become THE PLACE! :-)

Stef

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »
Hi everybody,

To access this feature:

Thank you Hoping. Also another feature we have is an RSS link:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/?action=.xml;type=atom

If you copy this link into any RSS reader (Outlook and many EMail programs have RSS readers too), you will get all the latest posts sent to you just like EMails with an link included to the forums post's link.

It's real handy!
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »

Hoping, Stef, and Daveman, your suggestions are most welcome as I embark upon NSF-desensitization :)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:21:22 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Stef

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »

Hoping, Stef, and Daveman, your suggestions are most welcome as I embark upon NSF-desensitization :)

LOL!

You can do it, Demo!!!!!

Stef

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:06:04 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
There I go again, listening to a woman's Siren Call again.

That's how I got POIS in the first place!

:)

demografx

• Administrator

demografx

• Administrator

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Hi everybody,

To access this feature:

Hi Hoping,

I appreciate very much your input. Poiscenter was formed precisely to try to organize the topics, making it easier not only for POISers but for researchers alike to follow given topics, without them being lost in a long string of posts, maybe never to be seen again.

But we have a mini-crisis right now. We are being restricted more and more at NSF, to the point that it is becoming very difficult to accomplish the very important things we need to accomplish. We need to GET OUT OF THERE, bluntly put. We need an area that is OURs, which this (poiscenter) is. Nobody can tell us what we are allowed to do or say here it is  OURS. If someone needs to talk about alternative remedies, the CAN, without being called a jerk.

We also vey much NEED to promote the research campaign, which we can’t do over there.

BUT One problem many POISers have, is  directly related to the “disease”. Many of us have attentional deficit, it often requires heavy concentration (for a POISer) to do anything new. A change over, from NSF to HERE is a big  deal. So the Familiar Place is an attempt to give them a place to make an easier transition.

We don’t want to get into another 700 page monster either. So one of the extra burdens that Demo and I have is to make an effort to rescue the more relevant ideas with potential and spin them off into separate threads. So, for the time being we need this space.
As Hoping says though, with just a little effort, you can set up your configuration either with RSS or using the new posts link, and try to help us maintain a distributed format, without losing your familiar feel of free flow of thought.

As always, us POISers, once we DO make a change and learn a new way, we usually find it very useful. Ask Demo about his new RSS link??

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »
Daveman writes, "ask demografx about his RSS feed".

Daveman, you are compassionate! I have now been waterboarded, er, awarded a Doctorate in SmartfoneRSS !

Dave, are we in the '90's tech era yet??

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2012, 10:11:20 PM »
Hoping, if this will reassure you, my intention is 100% in line with Daveman's, as he writes, "We don’t want to get into another 700 page monster either. So one of the extra burdens that Demo and I have is to make an effort to rescue the more relevant ideas with potential and spin them off into separate threads. So, for the time being we need this space."

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
Re-printed from POIS Naked Science Forum  today:

My Dear Fellow POIS-Sufferers,

I've decided to formally step down from moderating this [Naked Science] forum.

It's been a terrifically worthwhile five years, despite the trials and tribulations that go along with moderating. The good always outweighed the bad! And we've come a very long way -- two TV documentaries, getting listed on the official rare disease listings of NIH and Orphanet -- and a POIS research fund that is now over $10,000!

Research -- finding a cure for POIS -- is where my greatest dedication lies now, second only to supporting my fellow POIS sufferers.  Since NSF management will not allow fund raising on the POIS thread for scientific research into our condition, I have no choice but to step down as moderator.  I'm not neutral or objective about the need to raise these funds -- so I've decided to resign as the NSF POIS thread moderator.

You may hear from me from time to time -- but I'll be focusing my energies on the forum that Daveman designed -- poiscenter.com.  There are several wonderful (and exciting!!!) plans in the works, which will be launched from that forum.  

Never hesitate to contact me if you wish over at poiscenter.com. And feel free to visit and post there also!  It's a great forum -- you can actually find information easily through specific threads,  instead of trying to read through some 700 pages of posts.

Best wishes to everyone!

Your friend,
demografx

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:37:36 PM by demografx »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
Re-printed from POIS Naked Science Forum  today:

My Dear Fellow POIS-Sufferers,

I've decided to formally step down from moderating this [Naked Science] forum.

It's been a terrifically worthwhile five years, despite the trials and tribulations that go along with moderating. The good always outweighed the bad! And we've come a very long way -- two TV documentaries, getting listed on the official rare disease listings of NIH and Orphanet -- and a POIS research fund that is now over $10,000!

Research -- finding a cure for POIS -- is where my greatest dedication lies now, second only to supporting my fellow POIS sufferers.  Since NSF management will not allow fund raising on the POIS thread for scientific research into our condition, I have no choice but to step down as moderator.  I'm not neutral or objective about the need to raise these funds -- so I've decided to resign as the NSF POIS thread moderator.

You may hear from me from time to time -- but I'll be focusing my energies on the forum that Daveman designed -- poiscenter.com.  There are several wonderful (and exciting!!!) plans in the works, which will be launched from that forum.  

Never hesitate to contact me if you wish over at poiscenter.com. And feel free to visit and post there also!  It's a great forum -- you can actually find information easily through specific threads,  instead of trying to read through some 700 pages of posts.

Best wishes to everyone!

Your friend,
demografx

I'm very very sorry it had to be that way Demo, but I'm with you 150%.

Look at the advances you speak of in your post above, all within the last year. It took 4 yrs to generate the first 1,000,000 page views and only one year to generate the last 900,000.

Now when we are moving and most visible, they cut the ground out from under us. And it was from the very activities that were moving us that we were “Banned”.

More than ever we need to have a free environment to do what must be done, to have POIS officially, scientifically and medically recognized, to find a cure and to get the word out to as many sufferers as possible.

Only with research was willow bark extract converted into aspirin. Now, the whole world has access.

Together, all of us here on the forum will work with you to find the cure.

Thanks for getting us here Demo, to where we are now and where we will be very soon. POIS free.