Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002370 times)

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1260 on: July 27, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
Oh God! Please don't do it man!

I understand, I was there 2months ago and hospitalized for it, and came back from the mindset and am working my ass off every day!

Please get help Nathan! And talk to us. We will all wk on it together to the extent we can.

Dr. Christine Hyde in NJ is a Sex therapist I see who can and will help. She has had two other guys w/ POIS beside myself.

I hope your OK man. Please!

37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1261 on: July 27, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »
Thank you, Andy!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1262 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
Sorry for indiscreet question, sweaty do you have eggs after orgasm? I just have sweaty, and unpleasant smell. Is it OK? Once again sorry for the stupid question

That was a machine translation of something that means "Are your testicles sweaty after orgasm?"

Thanks for clarifying, deskmoret!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

« Reply #1263 on: July 27, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »
There's no need to end your life early Nathan. Life's short enough already! Enjoy life as much as possible and avoid or ignore those that piss you off. Only be around people you like and are comfortable with. Also, if people you know get upset because you're helping others too much, then they're what most people would refer to as: total MORONS! Who would be mad at someone who helps people!? People with room-temperature IQs, that's who.

You can consider moving to a new city if everyone is so mean to you all the time. Just don't make suicide an option because it's not worth it. Enjoy living life, make new friends and have a good time!

Prancer

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1264 on: July 27, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Prancer, thank you !

As a representative post from poiscenter, I'm cross-posting your post directly above -- at NSF - POIS. Because that's where Nathan posted his statement .

But if you wish, just let me know  & I'll delete it if you don't want it posted there. I posted it in bold-red type .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:16:39 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1265 on: July 27, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Taken when I was heading to see Dr. Komisaruk at Rutgers: some boring pics :)

Taxi from Upper West Side NYC to Penn Station midtown:

After a 15-minute Amtrak train ride from Penn Station Manhattan, I arrived at "Newark Penn Station", within walking distance to Dr . Komisaruk's office at Rutgers Univ. Smith Hall. The Hilton Hotel is also nearby .

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:12:21 PM by demografx »

Prancer

« Reply #1266 on: July 27, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
Prancer, thank you !

As a representative post from poiscenter, I'm cross-posting your post directly above -- at NSF - POIS. Because that's where Nathan posted his statement .

But if you wish, just let me know  & I'll delete it if you don't want it posted there. I posted it in bold-red type .

:) No problem Demo - thanks! I hope he sees it and feels better.

And great pics! Thanks for sharing them. It brings us there!

Nightingale

« Reply #1267 on: July 27, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
Where I come from, some people believe in astrology. Some seriously. I am not one of them, so I cannot talk to you Nathan as someone who understands it.

But I will tell you I live in a place where people aren't ashamed of being gay, or often have awkward but usually funny conversations with people who thought someone was gay but were mistaken! I have friends who are gay, and they all are accepted by MANY people, and MANY people think they are COURAGEOUS people for being openly gay!

I actually recently had a neighbor not far up the street from me speak to my roommate about me. My roommate is a man, and I rent from him, and most of the time people just see our cars in the driveway. My roommate has a girlfriend who lives 2 hours away by car, and she rarely stays at our home but instead my roommate travels to her. So naturally our neighbor was curious, and asked if I were my roommate's "partner"! It was a pure, innocent question, and my roommate got a little embarrassed, but he explained the situation and he and the neighbor had a good laugh! I did too, when my roommate told me the story! People are changing, and they recognize that not everyone is heterosexual, and our neighbor was one of the brave ones to try and invite us to tell them we were gay if we were. We are not, but I am proud of my neighbor for not stigmatizing being gay!

It's a shame people still think of people as "a gay", like they are something so different, like "a black", "a white". I believe, and with good evidence and reason, that being gay is NOT A CHOICE, and that it is something you are not responsible. I did not choose to be straight! Life made me that way. Life made a few of my friends gay, they don't have a choice in this! So there is no way to feel guilty or shameful, there is no way to be different, and NO REASON TO!

So, if you, or anyone else here are being harassed for being gay, KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE YOURSELF TO BE AND BE PROUD OF IT. YOU WERE BORN THAT WAY!

Nathan, I really do hope you are reading this. I've lost friends before this way, and seen friends saved from an ending like this. You, and anyone else reading this, I AM PROUD TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ALL YOU BRAVE MEN WHO ARE FIGHTING THIS ILLNESS, STRAIGHT OR GAY, WHITE TO BLACK, CRAZY OR CALM! I TAKE SOLACE KNOWING I AM NOT ALONE IN MY PAIN, AND KNOW I SUPPORT YOU ALL!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1268 on: July 27, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »
Thanks, Nightingale!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1269 on: July 27, 2014, 11:21:54 PM »
Thanks again, Prancer, I almost didn't post the pics -- thinking you might not be interested.

Glad I was wrong! :)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:23:45 PM by demografx »

Prancer

« Reply #1270 on: July 28, 2014, 01:36:34 AM »
Thanks again, Prancer, I almost didn't post the pics -- thinking you might not be interested.

Glad I was wrong! :)

Nope, I think it's great! Picture b-roll! Makes us feel like we're right there.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:37:17 PM by Prancer »

Andy451

« Reply #1271 on: July 28, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »
This song and lyrics inspire me to fight on and enjoy the subtleties of life when POIS gets me down. For me this song is overwhelmingly positive. The artist is the alt-rock/art-rock band Tool. Enjoy, and I hope it is inspiring or helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4

"Lateralus"

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going...

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1272 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »
Very nice, Andy!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1273 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Rutgers' fMRI "Preparation Room "

(I can hear Stef going ;D   )

BYOP
(Bring Your Own Playboys or Penthouses or "whatever tickles your fancy" :)  )

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:12:09 PM by demografx »

Andy451

« Reply #1274 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »
Very nice, Andy!

Thank you Andy! Will have to listen to it in the "preparation room"

I'm Glad you guys enjoyed. :) My fav song..

Hey what are you guys doing w/ the neuroscientist specifically?

Is there a link explaining the research... Or is it just in the grant section of the forum which explains?

An aside- I have been talking to my docs and I am going to get PT for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS), which I think is intertwined w/ my POIS at this point, and will most likely help (since in my case I have finally linked my nebulous POIS pain, and even neuro-symptoms to a more acute pain in the perineum). I wonder if it is a case of chicken or the egg w/ the two syndromes. Thoughts..

There is a forum for guys who experience this pain in relation to ED called  http://forum.hardflaccid.org/

Tell me what you guys think. Have you heard of this condition related to POIS before?

FloppyBanana

« Reply #1275 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »
Rutgers' fMRI "Preparation Room "

(I can hear Stef going ;D   )

BYOP
(Bring Your Own Playboys or Penthouses or "whatever tickles your fancy" :)  )

Sounds like you got polish your weapon in one room then run to the fMRI room before you explode. I hope there is not a hallway in-between the rooms.
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1276 on: July 29, 2014, 05:26:51 PM »
LOL, FB!!!!

;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1277 on: July 29, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

...I hope there is not a hallway in-between the rooms.

Nope.

Direct access :)

Myers6609

« Reply #1278 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:25 PM »
So do you know when the research will take place?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1279 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
Waiting for Rutgers' IRB final approval. Keep in mind we're "human subjects", and they must insure our MEDICAL SAFETY.