Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002304 times)

Colm

Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1280 on: July 30, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »
Rutgers' fMRI "Preparation Room "

(I can hear Stef going ;D   )

BYOP
(Bring Your Own Playboys or Penthouses or "whatever tickles your fancy" :)  )

Sounds like you got polish your weapon in one room then run to the fMRI room before you explode. I hope there is not a hallway in-between the rooms.

Wow, can't wait to chat up that good looking lamp in the corner. See where it goes from there. Maybe light up a cigarette when it's all over. Hang out in the shade !

Stef

« Reply #1281 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »
Rutgers' fMRI "Preparation Room "

(I can hear Stef going ;D   )

BYOP
(Bring Your Own Playboys or Penthouses or "whatever tickles your fancy" :)  )

Sounds like you got polish your weapon in one room then run to the fMRI room before you explode. I hope there is not a hallway in-between the rooms.

Wow, can't wait to chat up that good looking lamp in the corner. See where it goes from there. Maybe light up a cigarette when it's all over. Hang out in the shade !

LOL, Floppy and Colm!!!

(And of course -- a round of applause to demo -- for actually posting the pic)!!

Ahem...judging by the decor -- I think that prep room could use a woman's touch.

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1282 on: July 30, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »
Oh, c''mon, Stef, you don't like the fine artwork on the walls? ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1283 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
"Preparation Room" might also be used for interviews.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #1284 on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »
Someone has good news about Nathan ? I send him a private message to encourage him but he didn't answer. We can't do much more behind a computer screen.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Stef

« Reply #1285 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »

Hey what are you guys doing w/ the neuroscientist specifically?

Is there a link explaining the research... Or is it just in the grant section of the forum which explains?

Hi, Andy451,

Dr. K's grant outline is still in the hands of the Rutgers IRB Committee, so the details are still not set in stone.  However, demo and Daveman had posted initial draft papers, provided by Dr. Komisaruk, related to the "Informed Consent" for the study.  They had been posted on this site, but when those technical problems recently occurred, I believe these papers got deleted from this site (along with other various posts in that particular thread).

Daveman had set up an interim site (due to concern that poiscenter.com might no longer be an appropriate domain).  Fortunately, the poiscenter technical problems have been resolved.

In the meantime -- you can find those initial papers at that interim site --
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/poiscenter/QzLxGvHAFZk.

The 7/12 post by Daveman, titled, "POIS Research - Dr. B. Komisaruk," will provide you with those papers. While not the final paperwork, they'll at least provide the general outline of the study.

Hope this answers your question!

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1286 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:19 PM »
Thank you, Stef !

On my iphone the link's attachments are blank but they "come alive" once I tap there with my finger!

Informed Consent does a good job of outlining the study.

Re-posting below
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:08:26 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1287 on: July 31, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1288 on: July 31, 2014, 05:46:21 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1289 on: July 31, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1290 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »

Your thoughts, questions , comments on the

above are invited,

as we approach the final approval of

Rutgers' IRB that this Study is

SAFE for all POISers! :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:23:17 PM by demografx »

FloppyBanana

« Reply #1291 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
Hi Demo,

In the other thread which got lost there was an excel questionnaire which we added some builds to. Have you got that one?

I for one would like to get the questionnaire finalised so we can complete it ASAP so when we get approval to commence the study the forms are ready.

Thanks - FloppyB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1292 on: July 31, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »
Hi Demo,

In the other thread which got lost there was an excel questionnaire which we added some builds to. Have you got that one?

I for one would like to get the questionnaire finalised so we can complete it ASAP so when we get approval to commence the study the forms are ready.

Thanks - FloppyB

THIS ONE FLOPPY?

Two of the Rutgers-POIS questionnaire forms.

Comments? Thoughts? Questions ?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1293 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »
 repeat of earlier post

Per Dr. Komisaruk's recent email to me: "The device stimulates the vagus nerve projections to the brain, thus activating the brain regions to which the visceral organs normally send their information. Thus the stimulation may interact beneficially with the visceral input to the brain, which may have become disrupted, as represented by the POIS symptoms."

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:39:38 PM by demografx »

Myers6609

« Reply #1294 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »
Interesting... My symptoms are mostly cognitive so I'd be curious to know how a removable vagal stimulator would help.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1295 on: August 02, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »

On Aug 2, 2014, at 8:52 AM, "Barry R. Komisaruk" <brk@psychology.rutgers.edu> wrote:

Dear All,

The Rutgers IRB panel meets on September 3, so I should have word shortly
thereafter if the protocol is approved.  I will keep you posted as soon as
I hear.

Barry

Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Dept. Psychology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Radiology
Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers University
Smith Hall 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, NJ 07102

phone (office): 973 353 3941
phone (mobile): 973 462 0178

FloppyBanana

« Reply #1296 on: August 02, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Hi Demo,

Thanks for the update. Will we be able to submit our applications for the study prior to this?

FloppyB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Nightingale

« Reply #1297 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:51 PM »
Ok, September 3rd. Thanks for the update.

Just a quick poll, how many people right now are thinking of going to participate in the trial? I definitely am hoping to participate!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1298 on: August 03, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »
Hi Demo,

Thanks for the update. Will we be able to submit our applications for the study prior to this?

FloppyB

FB, I think Rutgers IRB has to put their stamp of approval on using human subjects for POIS research before Dr Komisaruk can accept applications.

Maybe Stef can confirm this?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:14:43 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1299 on: August 03, 2014, 12:09:26 AM »
Ok, September 3rd. Thanks for the update.

Just a quick poll, how many people right now are thinking of going to participate in the trial? I definitely am hoping to participate!

Nightingale, thanks again for leading the pack and volunteering!