Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002052 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1620 on: September 29, 2015, 12:01:25 AM »

I have been eating 2 eggs per day...

And Bulbo's POIS is down!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:16:27 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Bulbo

« Reply #1621 on: September 29, 2015, 03:41:53 AM »
I am so happy. I wish i get better

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1622 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »

At POISCenter, this is the # of times I've posted here:

And before Daveman, Stef and I left NSF (Naked Science Forum) to team up and start POISCenter:

=10,000+ POIS posts!.

Too much free time on my hands!
:)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:46:27 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1623 on: October 31, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »

TO ALL
POIS-
MONSTER

TRICK-           ======>>
OR-
TREATERS:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:38:55 PM by demografx »

Bulbo

« Reply #1624 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »
Hello everyone
I have been following Gcrisp (NSF Forum) advice of eating eggs for POIS. I have been eating 2 eggs daily for 11 months. My Pois duration reduced from 5 days to 4 days by 5th month and then it reduced from 4 days to 3 days by 9.5 months. My POIS after nocturnal emission was 14 hours but now it has reduced to 4 hours. But my libido has severly increased.. I am happy to report this.

Scary sheep

« Reply #1625 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
Hello everyone
I have been following Gcrisp (NSF Forum) advice of eating eggs for POIS. I have been eating 2 eggs daily for 11 months. My Pois duration reduced from 5 days to 4 days by 5th month and then it reduced from 4 days to 3 days by 9.5 months. My POIS after nocturnal emission was 14 hours but now it has reduced to 4 hours. But my libido has severly increased.. I am happy to report this.
That's awesome! Coincidentally, I've started eating 2 eggs daily as well without giving it much thought. Here's to hoping I get some relief from it.
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1626 on: November 15, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »
Looks good, makes total sense that the eggs strategy can help, here is the nutritional components in eggs...http://www.eggnutritioncenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Nutrient-Content-of-1-Large-Egg.pdf

By the way, any one remember this movie, maybe "Cool Hand Luke" from the old and famous movie also had POIS. Remember "no man can eat 50 eggs", in one go that is, unless your name is Paul Newman!

http://youtu.be/sAkzEusQLBw
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #1627 on: November 17, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »
Unrelated subject to those above. But related to POIS. Guys listen to me. 

I just ran a marathon. 5wks ago I placed 3rd in age group in a half marathon. I've suffered from pois since age 12 and am 29. It took me about 4months training to wk up to the full distance. I have sex with multiple partners every wknd and enjoy them. I must still balance my activity but can be much more liberal with it than I ever imagined. I live me life exactly how I want to and push though the pain to meet goals. I have conditioned my body to take more and be more and more durable; to be healthy and think healthy. After a while I have actually grown stronger and stronger both physically and mentally.  But my symptoms have also decreased significantly.  It can be done.

I am not cured by a long shot. However. My physical conditioning is so good that I can tolerate and do things most of you likely cannot. Things I would likely never be able to do yrs ago or even one year ago. I was chronically ill from this condition and on a sharp downward spiral. I can now have Sex multiple times in a row; but in moderation.

But get your sleep! Get rest and eat right should go without saying. It is essential.

In the past year I have put on 25lbs. I was underweight and in severe pain a year ago. 160lbs at 6ft2in to 185lbs. Most of this weight is muscle and bone density from constant training and jobs with physical labor. I lost a lover of 8yrs; so now I have a new one. I did it. Doing it. Must continue onward.

Go do it. Go hard and fast. Then when you accomplish your physical goals, wk goals and personal ones; throw a sex party and flaunt your health. Or you can keep it in your bedroom with your significant other and get silly and have fun. Different strokes. But trust me; you can do it. Don't stop. Moderate but push and push and push. It's a fine balance. I'm learning to do this more effectively. It can and will be done. 

Also. Find a healthy subject to obsess over like running or diet not pois and obsess! Hyper-focus on health and productivity and action not conjecture and thinking in circles. Make these hyper-focuses actions!

That's all I have right now.

This will not be my last marathon. I will run more and more. I will do whatever I want to in life regardless of this fucking condition. Go do it. Be healthy guys. Live your dreams and push hard. Very hard!
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1628 on: November 17, 2015, 11:12:28 PM »
Unrelated subject to those above. But related to POIS. Guys listen to me. 

I just ran a marathon. 5wks ago I placed 3rd in age group in a half marathon. I've suffered from pois since age 12 and am 29. It took me about 4months training to wk up to the full distance. I have sex with multiple partners every wknd and enjoy them. I must still balance my activity but can be much more liberal with it than I ever imagined. I live me life exactly how I want to and push though the pain to meet goals. I have conditioned my body to take more and be more and more durable; to be healthy and think healthy. After a while I have actually grown stronger and stronger both physically and mentally.  But my symptoms have also decreased significantly.  It can be done.

I am not cured by a long shot. However. My physical conditioning is so good that I can tolerate and do things most of you likely cannot. Things I would likely never be able to do yrs ago or even one year ago. I was chronically ill from this condition and on a sharp downward spiral. I can now have Sex multiple times in a row; but in moderation.

But get your sleep! Get rest and eat right should go without saying. It is essential.

In the past year I have put on 25lbs. I was underweight and in severe pain a year ago. 160lbs at 6ft2in to 185lbs. Most of this weight is muscle and bone density from constant training and jobs with physical labor. I lost a lover of 8yrs; so now I have a new one. I did it. Doing it. Must continue onward.

Go do it. Go hard and fast. Then when you accomplish your physical goals, wk goals and personal ones; throw a sex party and flaunt your health. Or you can keep it in your bedroom with your significant other and get silly and have fun. Different strokes. But trust me; you can do it. Don't stop. Moderate but push and push and push. It's a fine balance. I'm learning to do this more effectively. It can and will be done. 

Also. Find a healthy subject to obsess over like running or diet not pois and obsess! Hyper-focus on health and productivity and action not conjecture and thinking in circles. Make these hyper-focuses actions!

That's all I have right now.

This will not be my last marathon. I will run more and more. I will do whatever I want to in life regardless of this fucking condition. Go do it. Be healthy guys. Live your dreams and push hard. Very hard!

Hi Andy.  Thanks for sharing.  I also think that regular exercise, healthy diet, good rest, stress management, having fun, hanging out with people we love, are all important parts of a good, overall anti-POIS strategy, as much as using supplements, 

I am happy for you that your quality of life has been improving.  Keep the good momentum. Go Andy Go ! :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1629 on: November 17, 2015, 11:42:29 PM »
Thank you, Andy and Quantum!

Prancer

« Reply #1630 on: November 19, 2015, 11:01:29 PM »
Grrreat advice Andy. I like the way you think and agree with everything you said!

I no longer rely on any supplements to feel better (they don't work for me), but instead focus on recharging/re-energizing my brain with sleep, exercise, minimizing stress, having fun, and a little caffeine doesn't hurt either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:46:41 AM by Prancer »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1631 on: November 25, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »

Stef

« Reply #1632 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »

Back to you, demo!!!!

It just wouldn't have been Thanksgiving without a demo graphic. :-)

XO
Stef

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1633 on: November 27, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
Same to you Stef & demografx! We'll still invite all non-US POISers to the dinner table. So for instance FloppyBanana will get to enjoy some delicious hot tea (PG Tips), and I'll serve b_jim a nice, warm, buttery croissant, and I'll drizzle some fresh maple syrup on Quantum's biscuit or turkey. That way, we'll ALL enjoy dinner! Ha!

Thanks for the invitation, Prancer !   I am looking forward to this event, I love turkey :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1634 on: November 28, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
Same to you Stef & demografx! We'll still invite all non-US POISers to the dinner table. So for instance FloppyBanana will get to enjoy some delicious hot tea (PG Tips ), and I'll serve b_jim a nice, warm, buttery croissant, and I'll drizzle some fresh maple syrup on Quantum's biscuit or turkey. That way, we'll ALL enjoy dinner! Ha!

Good one, Prancer!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:42:20 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1635 on: November 28, 2015, 01:19:35 PM »

b_jim

« Reply #1636 on: November 30, 2015, 02:44:41 AM »
I can't make croissant very well but I can prepare good "gaufres" (waffles) if you want :)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:46:56 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1637 on: November 30, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Nice waffles, b_jim!

Prancer

« Reply #1638 on: December 02, 2015, 03:26:04 AM »
Yum!! I would F-ing love eating that. Thank you so much b_jim! Maybe for the holidays upcoming.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1639 on: December 02, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
RUTGERS POIS STUDY UPDATE

Daveman and I have been in touch with Jacqueline Kraska, Research Programs Manager at NORD, a few times since the end of October about obtaining the Interim Report.

She has been in touch with Dr Komisaruk a number of times about it.

With her permission to post this on our forum, this is Jacqui's most recent reply to me and Daveman [my edits in brackets]:

On Dec 2, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Jacqueline Kraska <jkraska@rarediseases.org> wrote:

Dear [demo and Daveman],

I just got in touch with the PI [Principal Investigator, Dr Komisaruk/Rutgers] who has promised to send me the report by the end of next week. He said the delay was due to juggling multiple deadlines at the end the semester. I will make sure I send you the information as soon as I have it.

Kind regards,
Jacqui