Author Topic: POIS paper treatment summary  (Read 69614 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: POIS paper treatment summary
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2024, 09:51:49 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/…

Thank you. Your post reminded me that I wanted to share this article with the forum, co-authored by
Dr. Nicole Prause, co-Investigator of our
soon-to-be-launched NORD/POIS Research Study!

Violence on Reddit Support Forums Unique to r/NoFap
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01639625.2023.2280795

Thanks for sharing this informative article, Demo, even if it is very sad to read.  It clearly shows how we, humanity, are still a violent and primitive species.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

less_fogged

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2024, 01:07:02 PM »
From X (formerly known as twitter):

2. A 24-hour fast immediately after the masturbatory session, sometimes I ejaculate 5 times in a row all within 2 hours, after the last ejaculation,I stop eating anything for the next 24 hours  I drink only clear water, not cold neither warm throughout. This crashed the symptoms

To ejaculate 5 times in 2 hours is absolute non-sense for a POIS sufferer, would be outright dangerous for most. I am not sure that this kind of information is ok to stay on this forum.  Will have to consult with the rest of the admin team.

Lol it is definitely not healthy and certainly risky if one has POIS, but I do understand the idea behind it. Basically, ejaculate as much as you can/want to deplete all horniness and sexual repression, followed by a fast period which improves their recovery drastically. They would probably be better off exploring alternative diets to see if any improve their symptoms, just like animal-based did for me.

I also understand the idea and also don't recommend it. I'm in my early 50's now, and been living with POIS since my early teens. I stop at max 2 ejaculations over 2 days nowadays because the symptoms feel to painful during recovery especially at night time when trying to sleep. But I can relate 2 a bad experience in my 30's towards the end of a summer. I did not know at the time that I had many allergy issues which would exacerbate my symptoms. I also did not know this illness had a name at the time. The one time I had sex with my woman at least 3 or 4 times over 2 nights. I believe there was probably also to much stimulation involved. But on the 3rd night I suddenly woke-up in a very brutal way, with an attack that made it difficult for me to breath. Similar to an asthma attack. My throat was becoming air tight. This experience was very scary. My woman was tempted to phone an ambulance in the middle of that night. I could not speak or say anything during that attack. I just remembered making a head shake (left & right), to answer her that she must hold on. I just concentrated on trying to catch up on the difficult breathing I was going through. As far as I remember it took me at least 5 or 7 minutes to start recovering to more normal breathing. I can confirm that this was a very scary experience! For this very reason I think all POISers must figure out what you are allergic to because with a POIS recovery period combined with allergy problems can indeed be a recipe for a disaster.
I was rather ignorant at the time although I was well aware that my body was suffering after ejaculations!
So ejaculating 5 times in a row in a 2 hour period I most certainly would also not recommend it.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2024, 04:16:57 PM »

Im just reporting, not recommending anything. I have removed the post. Not looking for a debate.

Thank you for doing that.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2024, 04:48:21 PM »
Loperamide, Imodium helped him with POIS (selective peripheral mu-opioid agonist)
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1ah6c15/loperamide_helped_me/
"It's probably been a month since I tried it from pois. This was enough for me to observe that there was a positive effect. An important question regarding the dosage is approximately 2 tablets of 2 mg at a time before lunch and two in the evening. And this is enough for me to feel like a healthy person. I'm still in the process of learning, but I already wanted to share this information. If you take it before orgasm, then the symptoms of pois do not occur, if after orgasm, as soon as you start to feel bad, I drink it and after about 30 minutes everything is fine."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2024, 04:59:33 AM »
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2822.msg47997#msg47997
Tonicard capsul
Biosan tablet
Starfer capsul
Q10 100

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2024, 10:22:54 AM »
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2822.msg47997#msg47997
Tonicard capsul
Biosan tablet
Starfer capsul
Q10 100

It is probably more understandable this way.

Tonicard [Rd:1]: Supplements to help maintain body health.
Ubidecarenone (also Coenzyme Q10) 100 mg
L-carnitine 500 mg
Vitamin E 100 IU
Folic acid 800 ug

Biosan [Rd:3]: It helps to improve sperm quality and quantity.
Tribulus terrestris L – 275 mg

Starfer [Rd:2]: It helps to maintain healthy prostate function.
Pygeum africanum extract – 100.0 mg
Zinc sulfate – 20.0 mg
Piridoxine – 1.0 mg
Folic acid – 100.0 ug
Ascorbic acid – 30.0 mg
Cyanocobalamin – 0.5 ug
Fructose – 104.0 mg
Sodium Selenite – 0.02 mg
Arginine – 50.0 mg
Carnitine – 40.0 mg
Vitamin E – 5.0 mg
Microcrystalline Cellulose - 100.0 mg

Coenzyme Q10 100 mg
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:55:22 AM by Progecitor »
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2024, 02:22:39 PM »
A Narrative Review of Alternative Symptomatic Treatments for Herpes Simplex Virus
https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/15/6/1314

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2024, 08:38:55 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1b05xcq/comment/ks643vp/
Has anyone here tried methotrexate , tnf inhibitors , otezla or any other drugs used for autoimmune diseases? Does it have any effect on your pois symptoms?
I’m on both methotrexate and humira (TNF-a inhibitor). No impact on POIS symptoms. Methotrexate makes you feel atrocious in general for about 24-36 hrs. Would stay away unless needed for an otherwise diagnosed autoimmune condition

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1b0au1g/my_experience_with_pois_and_whats_been_working/

Current treatment:

Daily stack - On an empty stomach every morning I take -> 1.) SAM-E 400 mg (THIS XXXX - [please see forum profanity rules - - mod edit] MADE THE MOST DIFFERENCE FOR ME BECAUSE I BELIEVE IM AN UNDERMETHYLATOR)

2.) Jarrows Formula B12/Methyl Folate/P5P supplement (I chew 2 tablets).

3.) Liposomal Vitamin C (1 teaspoon)

With food I take -> 1.) 2500 IU Vitamin D 2.) Zinc 30 mg 3.) Copper 3 mg 4.) I usually eat at least 3 eggs a day to supplement choline

Pre Sex - I take one Claritin 10 mg one hour before sex

For Hormones - Ive been on Testosterone Cypionate 160 mg every week with 1,000 IU of HCG every week for 6 months now (Please consult a doctor and do PLENTY of research before making this commitment).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 01:48:37 PM by demografx »

Warrior

« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2024, 02:49:22 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1b0au1g/my_experience_with_pois_and_whats_been_working/

Current treatment:

Daily stack - On an empty stomach every morning I take -> 1.) SAM-E 400 mg (THIS XXXX - [please see forum profanity rules - - mod edit] MADE THE MOST DIFFERENCE FOR ME BECAUSE I BELIEVE IM AN UNDERMETHYLATOR)

2.) Jarrows Formula B12/Methyl Folate/P5P supplement (I chew 2 tablets).

3.) Liposomal Vitamin C (1 teaspoon)

With food I take -> 1.) 2500 IU Vitamin D 2.) Zinc 30 mg 3.) Copper 3 mg 4.) I usually eat at least 3 eggs a day to supplement choline

Pre Sex - I take one Claritin 10 mg one hour before sex

For Hormones - Ive been on Testosterone Cypionate 160 mg every week with 1,000 IU of HCG every week for 6 months now (Please consult a doctor and do PLENTY of research before making this commitment).

More success with methylation nutrients appears to be popping up in the community. I suspect it's been overlooked by many. B vitamins and choline (eggs) have been quite a popular remedy or at least improvement for many with POIS over the years. This almost certainly has to do with the fact they're methylation nutrients, and those who benefit from those would probably do well exploring other methyl donors: SAM-e, TMG, methylfolate, etc.

Edit: Feel free to remove if off-topic from the main thread.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 01:49:28 PM by demografx »
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2024, 07:22:18 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1b64tew/venting/
"pois is cause by mast cells" - what! i tried prednisone(80mg) before orgasm, i got all my symptoms.

just look at mcas subreddit, if they take prednisone they get complete relief. they don't take it because it can cause side effects in long run.

"pois is cause by low dopamine" - i have tried wellbutrin, vyvanse, ritalin, parnate, nardil no effect on my pois.

"wait maybe it can be managed by exotic drugs"- fucking no! semax, selank, isrib, cerebrolysin, bromantane, nsi-189, 9mebc , took all these in proper dose and for long time with no effect.

i hate this syndrome, this is just unfair , i lost so many opportunities because of this pois.

constant brain fog which is increasing with every orgasm over years. fatigue is unbearable and no it does not improve with any supplement. my heart rate reactivity is very high and this is cause by pois itself, just peeing cause bounding pulse.

Everything highlighted in the post did not work for him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 07:26:53 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2024, 07:07:03 PM »
TLDR: Have cured POIS through:
1) Methylfolate (1000mcg daily - using Thorne)
2) Phosphatidylcholine ( 420 mg daily - using Thorne)
3) Exercise daily (30 minutes daily moderate heart rate)
once every 2 weeks or so, I may also take a low dose B vitamin gummy (New Chapter)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2024, 12:02:43 PM »
I found an old strip with tablets of 500 mg Asperin. Used 1 post ejaculation. It behaves the same as Exedrin meaning acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) is the active component. I suspect I need to take this pre + post ejaculation with multiple tablets spread over the day during post ejaculatory period to better inhibit POIS inertia compared to a single tablet post orgasm. 1 tablet brings significantly relieve (physical plus cognitive) and it is reliable (experience from exedrin). Downside: it causes stomach irritation (probably the reason I stopped using it after 1 tablet, stomach was more sensitive in the past). My grandma used Enterosalicyl which has a similar structure, probably some genetic component involved.

It is useless for prophylactic use against sexual arousal though considering the side effect.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2024, 05:25:27 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1bqs52h/my_pois_has_been_cured_for_a_while/
My POIS has been cured for a while.
Simply follow AIP diet to eliminate any autoimmune reaction especially gluten and if you wanna ejaculate, simply take a prednisolone 40 mg before the ejaculation. Without AIP especially eliminate the gluten, the prednisolone 40 mg will not work.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2024, 12:28:28 PM »
Chair yoga may help to relieve stress while you are chair bound in situations like travel.
https://annas-archive.org/md5/e84cd2be0ee90ef8fc47811635ba6a84
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 12:30:31 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2024, 05:53:19 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1byue3r/this_helped_me_reduce_my_symptoms_by_a_lot/

This helped me reduce my symptoms by a lot

If you get really bad leg pain and the feeling that you need to endlessly stretch after masturbating, this one can help you: Stop masturbating with your legs, or stop clenching to get a better feeling. Instead, focus all the feeling on your dick. Want to feel more? Stroke faster with your hand, not with your legs. Completely stop using your legs. Breathe a lot.

After I did this, I do not feel the same ache and need to stretch legs feeling I have each time after ejaculating and edging.

I could barely use my legs to do something like walking up the stairs after ejaculation, they were so weak. Now I know why. And when I stopped using my legs but just used: hand, dick, breathe. My legs still feel strong.
This may tie in with a coordination problem I speculated about in my thread. I have seen one patient who mentioned slow stroking is helping him (perhaps signal processing is going haywire with too much input (low default threshold in POIS patients?), especially from multiple locations, which may lead to abnormal output in those areas).

I think this forum has come to a point that we may be able to set up a POIS relieve algorithm including non-pharmaceutical options.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 06:07:04 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2024, 03:32:33 AM »
I received betamethasone injection for dermatitis three days ago and today it cleared my brain fog, fatigue and most surprisingly PE. Also i don't feel pois on this injection like i can cum 3-4 times with no symptoms (not even 1%). I hope i don't build tolerance to corticosteroid.

Has anyone here find corticosteroids like Prednisone, dexamethasone or injections like betamethasone reversing pois symptoms?

I think oral tablets would be better as injections cannot be self administered

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2024, 08:44:06 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1cpeaxy/my_journey_to_overcoming_pois_a_personal_research/
Successful Treatment:The link between varicocele and my symptoms led to a varicocelectomy, which has successfully resolved my POIS symptoms for several months now.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2024, 05:14:38 AM »
Dr. Matt Curley June 3, 2024 responding to POIS Case Report, Alanazi, 2024:

"The REALITY is - Niacinamide may potentially worsen the condition. While I realize that a large number of men may try this method, I would warn them to be wary as Niacin related products can actually increase histamine."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2024, 01:55:33 PM »
A twitter post by Paul Saladino about removing pesticides on the surface of fruit effectively by soaking them for 15 minutes in a 1 percent baking soda solution. https://x.com/paulsaladinomd/status/1797661877025305027

Effectiveness of Commercial and Homemade Washing Agents in Removing Pesticide Residues on and in Apples
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 02:00:15 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2024, 05:03:42 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1d6vhn4/how_guys_i_thought_this_post_might_help_for/

A bulb of garlic a day for 10 days to 2 weeks.
or
Keto diet/low carb diet

"Things like carbs, citric acid, vinegar can be major setbacks when battling pois symptoms."

I wonder if carb + acid sensitive people can predict keto diet responders.