Author Topic: Milnacipran - completely stopping my brain fog  (Read 85118 times)

hurray

• Lab1
Re: Milnacipran - completely stopping my brain fog
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »
Hi Aladin,

That's an excellent question. Being able to talk normally to friends, family and work colleagues without brain fog is a huge benefit. But milnacipran does help with my depression and anxiety too. After all, it is classified in some countries as an anti-depressant.

I currently take it "on demand", so the effects have usually gone within 24 hours. If you were to take it every day as an anti-depressant under medical supervision, my guess is that it could help with any depression/anxiety issues that you may have in addition to getting rid of the brain fog. But you would need to speak to a doctor to get a proper opinion about that :)

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »
It is still working as well as ever  :)

Nas

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »
I've been trying to buy this medication but it's been so difficult to escape a 3 days cycle of masturbation that I can't seem to escape. My sleep has also been in ruins, sleeping at the morning and waking up at night. :(

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »
I've been trying to buy this medication but it's been so difficult to escape a 3 days cycle of masturbation that I can't seem to escape. My sleep has also been in ruins, sleeping at the morning and waking up at night. :(

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems - I've also suffered from bad sleeping patterns in the past. Over-the-counter diphenhydramine (Nytol etc) has helped me get back on track before when I was sleeping and waking at crazy times.

The milnacipran I've been taking is called Milza, a generic brand from India.

Nas

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2020, 07:24:58 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems - I've also suffered from bad sleeping patterns in the past. Over-the-counter diphenhydramine (Nytol etc) has helped me get back on track before when I was sleeping and waking at crazy times.

Well after I finally was able to go to the pharmacy, it turns out it's not available in Turkey. So never mind.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2020, 07:47:06 PM »

Well after I finally was able to go to the pharmacy, it turns out it's not available in Turkey. So never mind.

That's unfortunate, Nas. It doesn't seem to be a controlled drug in most countries, but it is relatively rare. I suppose if it was common, statistically many POIS sufferers would have tried it already, and perhaps we would have more milnacipran successes  :)

I was only able to get Milza (milnacipran) by buying from an online pharmacy - it is not available in the UK either.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2020, 04:05:45 AM »
I know they're not the same, but try St. Johns Wort?
Prescription free everywhere (except Ireland, I heard)

drop247

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2020, 08:00:51 AM »
This drug is for treatment of Fibromyalgia. I can't help but notice the similarities between Fibromyalgia symptoms and POIS. I wonder if we are suffering from a similar or even the same ailment.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2020, 08:18:45 AM »
This drug is for treatment of Fibromyalgia. I can't help but notice the similarities between Fibromyalgia symptoms and POIS. I wonder if we are suffering from a similar or even the same ailment.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2301.msg35425#msg35425
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:18:34 AM by Muon »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2020, 01:14:21 PM »

You're not the only one..
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=994.msg35200#msg35200

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »
I know they're not the same, but try St. Johns Wort?
Prescription free everywhere (except Ireland, I heard)

I've tried it without success, but it might help somebody else  :)

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2020, 02:21:07 PM »

There certainly are some similarities, several studies talk about "brain fog"/"fibrofog" in relation to fibromyalgia. Brain fog is my primary symptom, so it made sense to try milnacipran.

certainlypois2

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
milnacipran, do u know if it can be used everyday. Or may be everyday for like a month untill constant brainfog is gone.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
milnacipran, do u know if it can be used everyday. Or may be everyday for like a month untill constant brainfog is gone.

Milnacipran is normally taken daily or twice daily when it's used to treat fibromyaglia or depression/anxiety. I take it as required, but I would be very surprised if it didn't work if taken more frequently. It worked the first time I took it, but I held off from posting on here for 6 weeks to make sure that it worked every time.

I've never tried it when I had brain fog already - the milnacipran has prevented me from getting any brain fog for about 3 months now.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:32:42 PM by hurray »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2020, 10:04:51 PM »

I've never tried it when I had brain fog already - the milnacipran has prevented me from getting any brain fog for about 3 months now.
Do you still have other POIS symptoms, even if you do not have any brain fog anymore ?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2020, 07:37:25 AM »

Do you still have other POIS symptoms, even if you do not have any brain fog anymore ?

The short answer is no  :)

I didn't suffer badly from physical POIS symptoms - my knees ached and clicked, I got straw-like hair, and my forehead was very dry. None of those physical symptoms happen to me now.

It would be very interesting to know if people with more physical POIS symptoms would benefit from milnacipran.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2020, 08:11:48 AM »
It would be very interesting to know if people with more physical POIS symptoms would benefit from milnacipran.

I agree because it got other properties:
Anti-inflammatory and anti-hyperalgesic effects of milnacipran in inflamed rats: involvement of myeloperoxidase activity, cytokines and oxidative/nitrosative stress

drop247

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2020, 01:39:05 PM »
You're not the only one that found it increased orgasm intensity. Perhaps this is a clue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychiatry/comments/5exgcc/could_someone_provide_insight_on_the_effect_of/

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
You're not the only one that found it increased orgasm intensity. Perhaps this is a clue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychiatry/comments/5exgcc/could_someone_provide_insight_on_the_effect_of/

Very interesting drop247, thank you for sharing that :) Perhaps increasing/stabilizing norepinephrine levels leads to the increased intensity?

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »

I agree because it got other properties:
Anti-inflammatory and anti-hyperalgesic effects of milnacipran in inflamed rats: involvement of myeloperoxidase activity, cytokines and oxidative/nitrosative stress

That is a very interesting study.

Pro-inflammatory cytokines increased COX activity and subsequently PGs release (Neeb et al. 2011; Yang et al.2008). It is plausible that milnacipran may decrease pain and inflammation through inhibition of COX isoenzymes.

Milnacipran does seem to have many useful properties.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 08:18:18 PM by hurray »