Author Topic: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread  (Read 161028 times)

Charles_b

Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2022, 07:50:02 AM »

Another lucky POISer cured by antibiotics!

H pyl..  diagnosed, antibiotics cleared hidden infection
in his body I suppose
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/v7eyva/pois_im_cured_this_is_my_story_hope_it_can_help/

Interesting!  I think Clarithromycin is one of the only antibiotics I haven’t tried - I used pylera to clear my h pylori.  Might be worth a shot.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 06:29:26 AM by berlin1984 »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results
« Reply #701 on: June 08, 2022, 09:37:33 AM »

Another lucky POISer cured by antibiotics!

H pyl..  diagnosed, antibiotics cleared hidden infection
in his body I suppose
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/v7eyva/pois_im_cured_this_is_my_story_hope_it_can_help/

Interesting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:17:33 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread
« Reply #702 on: July 02, 2022, 07:27:33 AM »
Low vit D, high WBC count in prostatic fluid and response to methylprednisone and celebrex. Is there a correlation between these? If so can we define a subgroup of POIS? What type of WBC is dominant? He got the diagnosis prostatitis. In this case IL-8 (in semen) could be investigated because it’s being discussed as marker for prostatitis (MC mediator, neutrophil chemotactic factor, hypersensitivity type4d).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 07:31:42 AM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #703 on: July 02, 2022, 09:54:14 AM »
Username: PoisMen2036
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/vo8adt/hormonal_profile_of_pois/

Fast, Male, born in 1981. Age? POIS state?

Values in ng/ml:
17-hydroxyprogesterone: 1.40 (<1.39)
21-deoxycortisol: 0.03 (0.00-0.68)
Androstenedione: 1.15 (0.23-0.89)
Dihydroandrosterone: 7.96 (0.63-4.70)
Deoxycorticosterone: 0.09 (0.00-0.19)
Cortisol: 202.7 (46-206)
Cortisone: 39.8 (12-35)
Corticosterone: 10.03 (1.30-8.20)
Progesterone: 0.19 (<0.11)
Testosterone: 4.89 (3.00-8.90)
11-Deoxycortisol: 0.94 (0.00-0.59)
17-OH-Pregnenolone: 6.15 (0.00-4.42)

No time for resarch, what those abnormalitys meaning?
Tumor on adrenal glands???( i did so before that some
poisers hawe disorders on glands).
Kongenital?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 09:58:27 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

BoneBroth

« Reply #704 on: September 04, 2022, 01:37:52 PM »
Seems to me that hight cortisol is a common denominator amongst the test results. The body is doing what it can to battle the inflammation and cortisol has to be as high as needed, even if it shoots out of range - If not it might be even worse. So eat the raw materials to build cortisol (eggs, cholesterol, B-vitamins) while fighting the POIS root cause. But eating an antiinflammatory diet might relieve the body from producing hight cortisol all the time and long term high cortisol has terrible side effects for the body. I'm still in a battle with my SIBO/leaky gut. Each little dietary misstake I make ruins my life. So does O, as the inflammation messes up the intestinal function.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:41:28 PM by BoneBroth »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #705 on: September 19, 2022, 04:47:34 AM »
Two poisers find bacteria in theirs semen culture tests:

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/xgi5wb/results_of_my_semen_culture_test/

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/w4sdo5/testing_semen/

Escherichia coli
Enterococcus faecalis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterococcus_faecalis

E. faecalis contains a tyrosine decarboxylase enzyme capable of decarboxylating L-dopa, a crucial drug in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. If L-dopa is decarboxylated in the gut microbiome, it cannot pass through the blood-brain barrier and be decarboxylated in the brain to become dopamine.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #706 on: September 20, 2022, 01:28:53 PM »
I wonder how those poisers get bacteria in theirs semen?
Bad root chanels??? Leaky gut??
Dr-pois.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #707 on: September 25, 2022, 10:35:04 AM »
Two poisers find bacteria in theirs semen culture tests:

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/xgi5wb/results_of_my_semen_culture_test/

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/w4sdo5/testing_semen/

Escherichia coli
Enterococcus faecalis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterococcus_faecalis

E. faecalis contains a tyrosine decarboxylase enzyme capable of decarboxylating L-dopa, a crucial drug in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. If L-dopa is decarboxylated in the gut microbiome, it cannot pass through the blood-brain barrier and be decarboxylated in the brain to become dopamine.

Catuaba bark has antimicrobial activity against both species. It may also increase serotonin, dopamine and acetylcholine. Catuaba may decrease fatigue and have an antidepressant effect. It can improve libido, but of course some of us would rather avoid this. Nevertheless some members may find great relief with it just as I did.
https://mybiohack.com/blog/catuaba-trichilia-catigua-erythroxylum

By the way Triphala is also effective against Enterococcus faecalis in a chronic periodontitis setting.
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/acm.2017.0083
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:42:25 AM by Progecitor »
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Prospero

« Reply #708 on: September 30, 2022, 05:15:16 PM »
For what it's worth... Fluoroquinolones were a successful bet against my own prostatic infection. Beta-lactamines weren't sufficient. The prostate is notoriously difficult to reach and treat.

New sperm culture. This time, no bacteria was found. It looks like the fluoroquinolones worked.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #709 on: October 05, 2022, 10:44:51 AM »
So finally I managed to visit the local Endocrinologist. I hoped that with some evidence they are finally going to listen to me, but it was rather in vain. They did not even want to listen to any of my experiences with supplements or any theories pertaining to them. The doctor explicitly stated that they aren't going to prescribe any kind of medication unless it was justified by some tests even if they were effective for other patients. So I begged for some hormonal tests and at least they were willing to do some that they thought could be informative. "Unfortunately" I was not expecting a blood test right away and I was feeling quite alright as I had the last O about two weeks before. I still had some symptoms like photophobia at the time, but it wasn't the most representative state for acute POIS. As a reference I was on Chaga supplementation and even took some in the morning when this happened if it matters anything.

So here are the results:
sTSH:                        2.300 mU/L (0.300-4.200)
Total calcium:            2.47 mmol/L (2.10-2.60)
Phosphate:                0.86 mmol/L (0.8-1.45)
Glucose:                    5.5 mmol/L (3.6-6.0)
IgF1:                        138.8 ug/L (107.8-246.7)
17 beta-Estradiol:  45.80 ng/L (7.6-42.6)
FSH:                         3.91 IU/L (1.5-12.4)
LH:                           4.88 IU/L (1.7-8.6)
PRL:                         6.14 ug/L (4.1-21.4)
Testosterone:            22.160 nmol/L (9.90-27.80)
SHBG:                      48.29 nmol/L (11.4-52.3)
DHEAS:                    7.150 umol/L (2.400-11.500)

The doctor's advice sent with the letter says that the results are completely fine and no intervention is required. Well I can't say I was too surprised as I somewhat expected mostly normal results anyway. At least it is interesting that I had a slightly elevated E2 level which may explain why I had success with several aromatase inhibitors and could be indicative of a suspected estrogen dominance. Of course I have been non-stop trying new supplements and it can't be excluded that a higher E2 is the result of some of the stuff I took earlier, although it is also true that I was testing DHEA about 2 weeks before and it doesn't appear in the test. Testosterone is actually somewhat above average, but still testosterone boosters help me. It may be nothing, but still worth mentioning that phosphate is closer to the lower limit, while SHBG to the upper reference limit. At least these values are representative for my baseline CFS state, but in the future I plan to make a more representative test in acute POIS with some other hormones included like DHT, progesterone and cortisol even if this time I have to pay for it as doctors are not likely to help me any more.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 10:47:29 AM by Progecitor »
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #710 on: October 06, 2022, 12:45:11 PM »

…I managed to visit the local Endocrinologist…

Progecitor…One thing seemed to help me: when I visited this university endocrinologist…

A famous Harvard biophysicist - - who was once a classmate of mine - - recommended to me that a
university-based endocrinologist might be a better choice for me/POIS, because POIS is not well known and experimental treatments might be better tolerated in a university environment vs a more traditional medical practice;
University-affiliated doctors might be willing to be more *experimental* with POIS vs more traditional docs.

I found that to be true and stuck with this endocrinologist for years until he moved out-of-state.

To this day, 12 years later, I continue to work with university-based endocrinologists for my POIS.

Even if your choice of a POIS doctor is not endocrinology, you may wish to consider a university-affiliated orientation for your selection of primary care and/or specialized medical practitioner.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 04:56:31 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #711 on: October 06, 2022, 01:01:47 PM »

…I managed to visit the local Endocrinologist. I hoped that with some evidence they are finally going to listen to me, but it was rather in vain. They did not even want to listen to any of my experiences…

Progecitor, I had the exact same frustrating experiences.

One thing seemed to help me: when I visited this one university endocrinologist 12 years ago, I showed him the 2002 POIS article - - the very first one that introduced the concept & name of “POIS” - - written by Dr Marcel Waldinger.

I pointed out to him that
Dr Waldinger’s co-author is an endocrinologist!

POIS Research Study 2002
Dr. Dave H. Schweitzer

Dr. Dave H. Schweitzer, co-author of the original 2002 POIS Study with Dr. Marcel Waldinger, who is also in touch with our forum here, since 1994 is an internist-endocrinologist in Reinier de Graaf Groep, Netherlands. His interest is mainly in hormonal diseases and diseases of the metabolism. He does research on the endocrinology of sexuality and seriously overweight. His work is published in international journals.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:56:43 PM by demografx »