Poll

What is your level of Vitamin D?

100-50 ng/ml
50-30   ng/ml
30-20  ng/ml
20-10  ng/ml
<10     ng/ml
I have never checked it

Author Topic: Vitamin D  (Read 49314 times)

BoneBroth

Re: Vitamin D
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2020, 04:47:57 PM »
Vitamin-D, magnesium and zink are included in most testosterone-boosting protocols.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »
Vitamin D Modulates Intestinal Microbiota in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases

"The intestinal dysbiosis is related to a reduction in butyrate-producing species, impairing the anti-inflammatory response of the immune system, and is commonly associated with micronutrients deficiency, e.g. vitamin D hypovitaminosis."

16S Microbiome test from Atlas Biomed (I don't have any printout of results, they are visible in a webpage with diagrams, so I can't post all of it)
- I am missing a number of important butyrate-producing bacteria such as faecalibacterium, roseburia, coprococcus, akkermansia. I also have very low eubacterium.
- I am also missing a non-butyrate bacteria called Lactobacillus.
- Bifidobacteria is about 2.4%.

Butyrate maintains the gut lining, it also produces regulatory immune cells that prevent autoimmune disease. People with Celiac disease and IBS have been found to have low butyrate bacteria. I think when we orgasm, oxidative stress rises and our butyrate bacteria cannot produce enough butyrate to suppress it so we get damage to the body.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »
Vitamin D Modulates Intestinal Microbiota in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases

"The intestinal dysbiosis is related to a reduction in butyrate-producing species, impairing the anti-inflammatory response of the immune system, and is commonly associated with micronutrients deficiency, e.g. vitamin D hypovitaminosis."

16S Microbiome test from Atlas Biomed (I don't have any printout of results, they are visible in a webpage with diagrams, so I can't post all of it)
- I am missing a number of important butyrate-producing bacteria such as faecalibacterium, roseburia, coprococcus, akkermansia. I also have very low eubacterium.
- I am also missing a non-butyrate bacteria called Lactobacillus.
- Bifidobacteria is about 2.4%.

Butyrate maintains the gut lining, it also produces regulatory immune cells that prevent autoimmune disease. People with Celiac disease and IBS have been found to have low butyrate bacteria. I think when we orgasm, oxidative stress rises and our butyrate bacteria cannot produce enough butyrate to suppress it so we get damage to the body.
The lack of butyrate-producing bacterias could be the root cause for POIS atleast for some /u/meatball4 u said that Kurtosis in The Naked Scientists Forums said he got POIS after swimming in a lake and mike_sweden said his POIS appeared around the time he gave his girlfriend a cunnilingus so maybe some bacterias entered the bodies that lowered good bacterias changing the hormones oxidation inflammation then leading to other changes too and POIS by getting rid of the bad bacterias and introducing right and needed ones the body would balance out and the POIS were to disappear completely.

Vandemolen

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2020, 09:00:01 PM »
I have a bad reaction on vitamin D. Two years ago I took 150.000 IE in a week by accident. I got sick. Last week I started taking a pill of 1000 IE daily. But now I got sick again. I have sleeping problems and my muscles and joints hurt. I also have an itchy skin. I think my immune system is in a disbalans because of the 150.000 IE I took. Back then my vitamin D was 160. That is a bit too high. I will use a special light to raise my vitamin D and I hope there will a corona vaccin quick so I can go on a holiday to a sunny country.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
V, eating fish like salmon is another convenient and natural option (if that’s what your looking for). Actually a serving of salmon has 2x the daily recommended amount.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:41:30 PM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »
So low vitamine D induce elevation of Mast Cells trought PTH.

PTH controls the level of calcium in the blood. Calcium is a mineral that keeps your bones and teeth healthy and strong. It's also essential for the proper functioning of your nerves, muscles, and heart. If calcium blood levels are too low, your parathyroid glands will release PTH into the blood.Jul 31, 2020
https://medlineplus.gov/lab-tests/parathyroid-hormone-pth-test/

Parathyroid hormone as a stimulus to mast cell accumulation in bone
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02017533

However, levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 less than 20 ng per mL (52 nmol per L) triggers a compensatory increase in parathyroid hormone (PTH) and, hence, accelerates bone resorption. This suggests that vitamin D deficiency occurs before the lower limits of traditional population-based values for PTH.Jan 1, 2005
https://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/0101/p46.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 06:30:02 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
The mechanism of mast cell stabilization is not fully understood. Cumulative reports indicate that vitamin D (VitD) contributes to the homeostasis in the body. This study tests a hypothesis that VitD is required in the maintenance of the stability of mast cells.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27998003/
Dr-pois.

an-y-more

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »
Lately checked my vit D and it was about 20 ng. When checked that spring I believe it was like 20 something too. Can't find my results now.
 In between my 1 and 2 test I rarely spent any time outside, even during the summer, though was taking quite moderate vit D supplements thorough this time. This may explain why my levels this defficient now.
 But what I wonder is how much time it should take to become D deficient without sun exposure, because though the spring one was after 3 winter months with almost all time at home before that I used to  regulary walk about hour a day for years and should've been amass decent amount from sun exposure.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2021, 11:13:57 AM »

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2021, 03:24:21 PM »
It came back as 51 for me

an-y-more

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2021, 05:29:43 PM »
 31 my current one. Was tested while taking it (perfect results require to stop vit D intake month before test) Have no doubts it would subside to 20 something if I would to stop. My gut condition must be very bad since absorption's that low.
Been taking vit D from march, 5000 then gradually stepped down and at summer it varies from 1000 to 2000 ui per day.
 I do feel a bit better since winter but can't tell if it is merit of vitamin D. Been trying a lot of other stuff and absence of temperature fluctuations at summer might help me more.

Charles_b

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2022, 06:13:59 PM »
I wonder if there are lasting effects even if you correct vitamin D deficiency?  I was extremely deficient but then brought it well into the healthy range with supplementation, and it doesn’t seem to be helping my symptoms any.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2022, 06:35:29 PM »
I wonder if there are lasting effects even if you correct vitamin D deficiency?  I was extremely deficient but then brought it well into the healthy range with supplementation, and it doesn’t seem to be helping my symptoms any.
Perhaps reversing the deficiency doesn't reverse the state it brought you in.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2022, 07:35:16 PM »
Well, its seams that broken VDR receptors could be
largly inwolved in pois.
As i did write before, almoust all poisers hawe
a VDR taq dubble mutation.

So, with mutation, poisers could hawe ewen more
broken receptors from meny reasons.
Maybe thats why is so meny pois thypes. 
Vitamine D cant go in cells with broken VDR receptors.

VDR receptors is "involved in erything in body".
Olmoust all what did we mentioneded here:
from testosterone, imunity, mast cels, dopamine,
zink finger, eg minerals, autoiminyty, detox,
chatecholamines, infections, prolactin eg hormones...

50 time more prone to lyme for one exemple etc...

It fits in all when you read about what we wrote
here in forum.

Read here( a Berlin alsou posted recently)

A resons, desases, and how to incriese receptors
and more...

https://vitamindwiki.com/Natural+Ways+to+Increase+Calcitriol+and+Activate+The+Vitamin+D+Receptor+Gene+–+Oct+2017
(EDIT: fixed link)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 03:41:48 AM by berlin1984 »
Dr-pois.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2022, 11:02:17 PM »
Well, its seams that broken VDR receptors could be
largly inwolved in pois.
As i did write before, almoust all poisers hawe
a VDR taq dubble mutation.

So, with mutation, poisers could hawe ewen more
broken receptors from meny reasons.
Maybe thats why is so meny pois thypes. 
Vitamine D cant go in cells with broken VDR receptors.

VDR receptors is "involved in erything in body".
Olmoust all what did we mentioneded here:
from testosterone, imunity, mast cels, dopamine,
zink finger, eg minerals, autoiminyty, detox,
chatecholamines, infections, prolactin eg hormones...

50 time more prone to lyme for one exemple etc...

It fits in all when you read about what we wrote
here in forum.

Read here( a Berlin alsou posted recently)

A resons, desases, and how to incriese receptors
and more...

https://vitamindwiki.com/Natural+Ways+to+Increase+Calcitriol+and+Activate+The+Vitamin+D+Receptor+Gene+–+Oct+2017
What would be a way to activate the VitaminD/create more receptors despite impairments? Would the blood test show normal VitaminD even with broken receptors? I guess yes as VitaminD itself can be produced so it would show up in serum but it doesn't go into receptor to activate it's biologic functions

As POIS is thought to be autoimmune and VitaminD balances immunity/lessens autoimmunity can it mean those POISers with this mutation are in a VitaminD deficient state despite serum levels due to not enough receptor activation?

We MUST RESEARCH THIS MORE

Ways to build more VitaminD receptors and induce VitaminD bio-activation then see if POISers with this issue benefit from such therapies if they exist

And more POISers must do gene tests so we get a large sample size to see if this is a common pattern