Author Topic: POIS treatment: theory & supplement stack  (Read 131877 times)

cn7

Re: POIS treatment: theory & supplement stack
« Reply #555 on: December 19, 2020, 04:12:48 AM »
Do you still take borage oil ?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #556 on: December 19, 2020, 07:04:02 AM »
Do you still take borage oil ?
yes I do its Epa oil with borage oil

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #557 on: December 27, 2020, 11:03:18 AM »
Pure EPA oil for ME/CFS

In the introductory chapter of this book, Professor Puri describes what he terms a breakthrough in the treatment of ME/CFS following his conclusion that a key component needed for treatment was a combination of ultra-pure EPA (completely free of any DHA) and virgin evening primrose oil. Such a product first became available in April 2004 and within 3 months he was seeing 80% of his ME/CFS patients who followed his recommendation to use this product making clinical improvements, some of which were striking.

He continues in chapters 2 and 3 by first giving an excellent background history and summary about ME/CFS, dismissing very effectively any remaining notion that it be a condition of psychological origin, and surmises that there is a great deal of evidence from a consideration of viral infections, changes in the immune system, blood fatty acid levels and brain biochemistry that persons experiencing the clinical features of M.E, as for example those involved in the Royal Free Hospital outbreak in 1955, are experiencing physical (organic) illness. He concludes that “the best explanation for the pattern of results seen in ME/CFS, with reduced NK cell activity, reduced Th 1 cell activity, increased Th 2 cell activity and increased Tc cell activity, is that there is a pre-existing long-term viral infection, to which the immune system is reacting.” page 30.

Throughout these two chapters, Professor Puri explains in straightforward terms the evidence he is using and why it is significant. He refers in some detail to studies which provide evidence of statistically significant lower values of both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in red blood cells and that these would be representative of levels in brain cells. He also describes two Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (Neurospectroscopy) studies, which revealed statistically significant high ratios of choline/creatine and how several experts agree that this reflects a change in the turnover of fatty acids in cell membranes. All the blood, brain biochemistry and immune system findings described in Chapter 3 could be consistently brought together in one model, which provides a strong pointer to natural treatment with fatty acids.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #558 on: January 04, 2021, 08:38:51 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdh1jCjiw8&t=623s - Video of Professor Puri at the ME research conference in 2006 explaining how EPA/fatty acids help the immune system and CFS.

80% of his ME patients made significant improvements with pure epa oil, it is key that the oil contains no DHA, I hope that some people on this forum can try out the oil and see how it effects them, its very cheap to buy.

hapl

« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2021, 09:05:58 PM »
Interesting, I always thought DHA was a good thing. I have all the classic constant CFS symptoms in addition to POIS / MCAS / etc. I'll have to check into that. Any particular pure EPA brands you recommend?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2021, 09:47:21 AM »
Interesting, I always thought DHA was a good thing. I have all the classic constant CFS symptoms in addition to POIS / MCAS / etc. I'll have to check into that. Any particular pure EPA brands you recommend?

https://www.mind1st.co.uk/why-no-dha/ - I buy mine from here and they explain why they use no DHA in the article, Puri also said that pure epa will get the body to start making its own DHA

I found the best dose for me is just one capsule before meals if I take two I don't get the same effect, however Proffessor Puri uses much higher doses in his ME patients of like 2000mg a day he also uses Vegepa instead from amazon which I have not tried but they seem similar.

Nanna's reasoning on EPA and DHA : "About Omega-3: Because of the way that EPA is metabolised in the body, it does not have any toxicity in the body. So, the more the merrier! DHA has a theoretical toxicity, but this has never been demonstrated in vivo"

I noticed healing in my brain instantly from the first capsule, my speech improved drastically also, reactions to showers became much less and no rashes anymore. I've spent thousands of pounds on different supplements and this has definitely been the best one. I must add that I've used four fish oils with DHA in the past and I end up feeling worse.

I think this oil is a must try option if you have any of these aspergers symptoms, chronic fatigue, depression, mcas, lyme disease, feeling inflamed in your brain the whole time, viral infections.

I had a bad O so POIS interrupted the healing process of the EPA for a few days but afterwards I started to feel the nice healing feeling in the brain again.

I also had a bad reaction to TDCS where autistic symptoms and speech became much worse, I assume it was because of calcium channel signalling issues, and I stopped feeling the effects of the EPA for weeks. But this has nothing to do with the EPA itself, I wouldn't recommend TDCS so much as it's really hit and miss for me - a lot of the times I end up feeling worse. Voltage gated calcium channels could be the issue.

https://epiphanyasd.blogspot.com/2016/10/regulation-of-arachidonic-acid-aa.html I want to try verapamil the calcium channel blocker mentioned in this article about Arachidonic Acid and autism. Verapamil is also a mast cell stabiliser and this article says it has fixed people's gut issues.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:51:37 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2021, 03:04:22 PM »
I had 2 Os in the morning today for the first time in weeks and I am feeling the bad effects a lot more than I normally have been recently. I'm feeling pretty nauseous as well.

In the last few Os before this, a strange thing started happening where I would get a serotonin/endorphin boost and feel really good straight after the O, now I don't know if that was because I was taking the pure EPA or because of the Brain gain supplement but I did run out of the brain gain supplement for a few weeks now as I wasn't sure whether I should continue it. Today I didn't get that "feel good" boost after O at all. And in the times before this I was mainly getting the symptoms the day after the O however I was only doing one O and usually in the evening.

Anyway I'm going to order the flavonoid/folinic acid brain gain supplement again to see if it was that, I'm also going to buy cystoprotek as I want my bladder to heal.