Author Topic: Chart of POIS Types and Their Possible Relief Methods (ongoing project)  (Read 105712 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Chart of POIS Types and Their Possible Relief Methods (ongoing project)
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2022, 02:09:38 PM »
Shortcut to Quantum’s POIS Types Chart and their possible relief methods:

Bookmark it!
https://tinyurl.com/2p8dtx6v
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 02:15:29 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2022, 01:00:50 PM »
Found an interesting post that tried to find common themes in "complete/mostly cured" posts:
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/xksbus/compilation_and_review_of_anecdotal/

WARNING: Don't blindly take stuff, especially things like Antibiotics can make life worse than before.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »

WARNING: Don't blindly take stuff, especially things like Antibiotics can make life worse than before.

Thanks, Berlin!

[bolded/color emphasis mine]
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2023, 06:33:10 PM »
Other explanation for positive effects of eggs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_Y

"Immunoglobulin Y (abbreviated as IgY) is a type of immunoglobulin which is the major antibody in bird, reptile, and lungfish blood. It is also found in high concentrations in chicken egg yolk."

IgY: A promising antibody for use in immunodiagnostic and in immunotherapy

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/list-of-me-cfs-recovery-and-improvement-stories.80502/

Consuming IgY Immunoglobulins From Chicken Eggs

"ME/CFS patient (Maj-Britt) a Swedish women cured her Chlamydia pneumoniae-associated ME/CFS with a simple home treatment consisting of orally consuming IgY antibodies from a chicken egg yolk. She injected the chicken with her blood, so the chicken started making antibodies against the infections in her blood. Those chicken antibodies are naturally produced in large quantities in the eggs the chicken lays."

Harrie

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2023, 04:48:26 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, but I have been reading up for a while (and tried several potential solutions). I am almost 40 years old and only recently discovered that there was a name for my condition, POIS. I don't think that I have it as severe as some of you here, but I have always had the feeling that something was wrong. I experienced an almost continuous state of brain fog and found it difficult to concentrate and memorize important information. I have done every test there is, including MRI's & memory tests in the hospital. I never once realized it could be orgasm related until a couple of months ago when I read up about the (potential) positive effects of not having an orgasm. I decided to out for a week and instead of the benefits noticed the very negative effects as soon as I had an orgasm again (not only the brain fog, but also becoming over stimulated very easily and very short tempered towards my loved ones).

Anyway, enough for the introduction let's get to the reason why I decided to create an account. two weeks ago I've found this topic on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/17l4z5k/potential_pois_treatment_for_symptoms_too_much/?rdt=37968) where the TS links POIS to a AcetylCholine/Choline Dominance. As a potential remedy he combined Forskolin (a weight loss supplement) with Zinc and had great results with the reducing effects of POIS ("Within 5-10 minutes it's like the lights came on in my brain and my brain fog was gone!").

Based on his review I decided to give it a go and ordered 1000mg of Forskolin and 30mg of Zinc supplements to try it for myself and I am very happy that I did. I have tried it approx. 6 times now where I took both supplements directly or some time after an orgasm (or multiple ones) and I feel so much better than I did before. My brainfog is completely gone and I feel much more relaxed than I used to (not as short tempered as I normally would in the days after an orgasm). In the meantime another user (lanonimoose) replied in the same topic who tried it and experienced much milder symptoms that lasted much shorter than he normally had. That makes three positive experiences, which is why I wanted to share it here on this forum as well (I couldn't find anything on Forskolin here). Perhaps this can be a solution for others as well.

Please note that I am not a doctor, just a guy searching for a cure. I did experience one side-effect, which is that sometimes I experience a short period of nausea which might also be caused by the fact that I took it on an empty stomach. Nothing too bad tho and it quickly faded, so it definitely is worth it.

I hope this info is helpfull to some of you. If you have any questions, then let me know.

Take care!

PS, I also wanted to share my experience on Reddit, but apparently your account has to be 15 days old before you can post in the POIS section there  ???
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 04:55:36 AM by Harrie »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2023, 11:52:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, but I have been reading up for a while (and tried several potential solutions). I am almost 40 years old and only recently discovered that there was a name for my condition, POIS. I don't think that I have it as severe as some of you here, but I have always had the feeling that something was wrong. I experienced an almost continuous state of brain fog and found it difficult to concentrate and memorize important information. I have done every test there is, including MRI's & memory tests in the hospital. I never once realized it could be orgasm related until a couple of months ago when I read up about the (potential) positive effects of not having an orgasm. I decided to out for a week and instead of the benefits noticed the very negative effects as soon as I had an orgasm again (not only the brain fog, but also becoming over stimulated very easily and very short tempered towards my loved ones).

Anyway, enough for the introduction let's get to the reason why I decided to create an account. two weeks ago I've found this topic on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/17l4z5k/potential_pois_treatment_for_symptoms_too_much/?rdt=37968) where the TS links POIS to a AcetylCholine/Choline Dominance. As a potential remedy he combined Forskolin (a weight loss supplement) with Zinc and had great results with the reducing effects of POIS ("Within 5-10 minutes it's like the lights came on in my brain and my brain fog was gone!").

Based on his review I decided to give it a go and ordered 1000mg of Forskolin and 30mg of Zinc supplements to try it for myself and I am very happy that I did. I have tried it approx. 6 times now where I took both supplements directly or some time after an orgasm (or multiple ones) and I feel so much better than I did before. My brainfog is completely gone and I feel much more relaxed than I used to (not as short tempered as I normally would in the days after an orgasm). In the meantime another user (lanonimoose) replied in the same topic who tried it and experienced much milder symptoms that lasted much shorter than he normally had. That makes three positive experiences, which is why I wanted to share it here on this forum as well (I couldn't find anything on Forskolin here). Perhaps this can be a solution for others as well.

Please note that I am not a doctor, just a guy searching for a cure. I did experience one side-effect, which is that sometimes I experience a short period of nausea which might also be caused by the fact that I took it on an empty stomach. Nothing too bad tho and it quickly faded, so it definitely is worth it.

I hope this info is helpfull to some of you. If you have any questions, then let me know.

Take care!

PS, I also wanted to share my experience on Reddit, but apparently your account has to be 15 days old before you can post in the POIS section there  ???
Hi Harrie, and welcome to poiscenter :) 

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with forskolin and zinc.
There are some preliminary scientific data showing that forskolin may increase testosterone level ( see https://www.greatgreenwall.org/supplements/forskolin-increase-testosterone/ ) .   Zinc is well known to be positive for the prostate.
This method of control of POIS symptoms could be in the same family as TRT ( Testosterone Replacement Therapy), but with probably fewer potential side effects, if forskolin does not have too many side effects, and does not have the cardiovascular side effects of testosterone itself, as well as its effect on fertility.  Since forskolin is not very well known up to now, it is hard to say.
If your method is still consistently effective 3 months from now, let me know - I would be happy to add it to my "POIS Types chart and their possible control methods", found at the beginning of this thread :)

What were your other symptoms, apart from brain fog?  How long did your POIS attacks usually last, with no inc and forskolin?
And, about your control method, do you take Forskolin and zinc every day, or only after orgasm?  Did you ever tried taking it 20 to 60 minutes before orgasm, to see if it would be more effective still?

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2023, 05:05:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

Take care!

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with forskolin and zinc.
There are some preliminary scientific data showing that forskolin may increase testosterone level ( see https://www.greatgreenwall.org/supplements/forskolin-increase-testosterone/ ) .   Zinc is well known to be positive for the prostate.
This method of control of POIS symptoms could be in the same family as TRT ( Testosterone Replacement Therapy), but with probably fewer potential side effects, if forskolin does not have too many side effects, and does not have the cardiovascular side effects of testosterone itself, as well as its effect on fertility.  Since forskolin is not very well known up to now, it is hard to say.
If your method is still consistently effective 3 months from now, let me know - I would be happy to add it to my "POIS Types chart and their possible control methods", found at the beginning of this thread :)

What were your other symptoms, apart from brain fog?  How long did your POIS attacks usually last, with no inc and forskolin?
And, about your control method, do you take Forskolin and zinc every day, or only after orgasm?  Did you ever tried taking it 20 to 60 minutes before orgasm, to see if it would be more effective still?

Welcome to POISCenter, Harrie.

As a lifetime testosterone fan, I appreciate this discussion, Harrie & Quantum.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:08:30 PM by demografx »

Harrie

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2023, 04:41:54 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Although I have had these symptoms for over two decades, I never thought to connect them to having orgasms. As a result I am almost embarrased to say that I had them regularly (almost daily) during this period and I can't remember having periods of not having orgasms for longer than three, maybe four days.. This might explain why I experienced my symptoms lighter than some of the members here, but also in a more continuous, constant state. Its only after I withheld myself from having orgasms a couple of months ago, that I experienced the severe negative benefits right after having one again.

My most frequent symptoms are brainfog combined with headaches, memory problems and concentration issues (difficult to focus). In addition I also feel very tired afterwards (I notice this now, although I also tend to sleep too little) and I have a chronic nose cold (not sure if this is related). I have been seeing doctors about this since 2004 and I've done MRI's, memory tests, have been treated for conditions like a slow Thyroid, a B12 defficiency, etc, and tried a boat load of supplements, but non of it helped.

Since I started to link my symptoms to orgasms, I did try to limit them as much as possible which comes down to basically once a week. I now experience the symptoms for approx 3 days afterwards, of which the first day is by far the most severe. One thing that I additionally notice now is that I become easily overstimulated (I always had this too some degree, I can't wear regular jeans for instance) and get extremely short tempered and angry when this happens (which isn't usefull in a household with three small kids).

I found this forum several months ago and tried some of the proposed solutions in this topic, e.g vitamin D / vitamin B3 / Macca Tea that didn't help. I also read in one of the topics about anti-allergy pills and because I already used Centrizine, I started to take 2 10mg pills 10 minutes before an orgasm. This brought some relief for the physical symptoms, but did not help with being over stimulated and hot tempered. Now that I have tried the Forskolin + Zinc combination, I feel much more relaxed and (as far as I can tell) completely symptom free.

I use Forskolin + Zin only right after or approx. an hour after having an orgasm (I prefer to take it when I go to bed, because I might get a bit nauseous). I haven't tried taking it before (I will try that next time), so I can't judge on that. I also didn't do follow up dosseses, although I have to admit that I had a 5 day period with daily orgasms, so I took it 5 days in a row. I could try to use it daily, but I now had my last orgasm two days ago, so I took it then and now still feel fine.  In the beginning I combined Forskolin + Zinc with the centrizine, but soon started to take only the Forskolin + Zinc with similar results.

I am definitly not a health expert, so I don't know why it works as it does, but I did feel so positive about it that I wanted to share.  I hope this helps to provide some additional explanation and hopefully some others (for instance who are still searching for a solution) decide to try it and experience positive effects as well.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2023, 08:10:10 PM »
Thanks for your answers, Harrie.
Zinc, in particular on an empty stomach, often causes nausea. Try to eat a little before taking it,  to help with your stomach.
It is quite common that the first day ( or 1st 2 days when the POIS attack is longer) are the worst.  Mental and emotional symtpoms are quite usual too.
Again, let me know if this treatment stays effective for you in the long run !

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259