Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2019, 08:53:48 PM

:    
NEW !!!
2019 POIS Survey from Tulane Team !
#####   Click here for the link !   #####
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Please take a few minutes to fill it !!!
27056 2041 882
: denproz
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Mast Cells Activation Syndrome
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Mast Cells Activation Syndrome  ( 10441 )
Nas
: 921

« #30 : September 04, 2019, 06:37:12 AM »

Dexamethasone is not really a cure so I stopped taking it. It helps a bit since it has a bit of psychoactive properties but other than that it doesn't stop POIS.
Muon
: 720

« #31 : September 15, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »

Interesting video, a short Lecture by Professor Theoharis C Theoharides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNNPsZlDTEQ

Interview, Episode #58: Mast Cell Master with Dr. T.C. Theoharides, PhD, MD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gfTFwJgIVQ
« : September 15, 2019, 03:21:16 PM Muon »
Muon

« #32 : October 23, 2019, 10:09:21 AM »

Video about 'Brain Allergy':

'Brain Allergy' and ASD - T. Theoharides, MD, PhD
b_jim
: 975

« #33 : October 24, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

In USA, ketamine spray is for sale now for depression. It might be a potential cure for Pois.
We already talk about ketamine effect on tryptophan.

It seems ketamine blocks mast cells inflammatory activity.
If Pois works like mast cells syndrome, I think using the spray could be interesting.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Guts
Mute
: 75

« #34 : October 24, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »

I tried different NMDA recepter antagonist ( i think it was cant remember if its agonist or not )
Basically all kinds of ketamine analogues, I'm not that impressed, still had massive amounts of brainfog and itching.
It only helped depression, anxiety and neuropathy and probably gut function. It surely got rid of severe nerve pain in the spine

I would defo go for the ketamine nosespray, but i don't think its a cure especially at lower dosages
Muon

« #35 : October 24, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »

There is communication between the Vagus nerve and intestinal mucosal mast cells. I wonder if there is communication between the same nerve and mucosal mast cells of the genitourinary system.
Muon

« #36 : November 05, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »

I did send the following email to http://brain-gate.org :

Hello,

Would Dr. Theoharides be interested in investigating mast cell involvement in Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome?
I'm a POIS patient myself and have a suspicion mast cell activation might play a role in this disease.

I'm thinking about setting up a crowdfunding project for this. Patients can be recruited from the poiscenter forum: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

Paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001999/

All Papers:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3127.0

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrgZIkAEGW0

Patients also have all kinds of other sensitivites like food and environmental ones, some of these can actually trigger the same symptoms as POIS. There is also some overlap with autistic like symtpoms, avoiding eye contact etc.

Perhaps Dr. Theoharides could investigate this and report his findings in a paper. Study could be funded by community crowdfunding.

Best Wishes,
Muon

And received an answer from Dr. Theoharides himself:

''This is a very interesting topic.

See my somewhat related publications attached.

Unfortunately, I am presently trying to find funds to continue my mast cell research and cannot divert the focus.

Please keep me posted.

TCT.
''

The full articles he attached to his email:

- Genitourinary mast cells and survival
- Intimate Contact Could Be Dangerous for Your Health
- Neuroendocrinology of mast cells: Challenges and controversies

Which can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4ploderhgty86o/AAABk_eHd89Af66YjyGLZa7Ta?dl=0
Hopeoneday
: 481

« #37 : November 05, 2019, 01:50:30 PM »

Muon, nice moves.

Dr-pois.
demografx
Administrator
: 4490

« #38 : November 05, 2019, 04:40:16 PM »

Muon, as you suggested, sent post to NORD researchers.
« : November 05, 2019, 06:06:37 PM demografx »

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business
Muon

« #39 : November 08, 2019, 06:32:03 PM »

Apparently testosterone exerts an inhibitory effect on mast cells, thus TRT could act as a mast cell stabilizer. See table 1 in 'The neuroendocrinology of mast cells'
Didn't we have a few poisers who were using Progesterone with succes? Take a look at the table again, it's capable of exerting an inhibitory effect on mast cells as well.

Ok now, go to the supplementary data etable1: https://www.smoa.jsexmed.org/article/S2050-1161(18)30019-9/fulltext

Look at the hormone balance. Estradiol is high which is a mast cell stimulant at the same time Testosterone is low which is an inhibitor.

The net effect favors mast cell stimulation according to table 1 and figure 1 in 'The neuroendocrinology of mast cells'.

You might generalize this by every other imbalance in the body like dysbiosis(TLR) and other immune parameters which favors mast cell stimulation. Some people tend to be more sensitive to stimuli than other people. These people have less locks to unlock before getting triggered. Now these imbalances already unlock a few locks, the stronger the imbalance, the more locks will open up thus increasing the tendency for mast cells to react on stimuli and making you more sensitive.

Mast cells support autocrine actions. They can grow receptors on themselves by their own actions. Some imbalance in the body might grow receptors on genitourinary mast cells which let them act on molecules in seminal fluid.

The long lasting POIS reaction (days to weeks) could be explained by the autocrine actions which keeps positive feedback loops or self perpetuating loops intact.

Now to think of it this might explain my short lived dampening of arousal/precum exposure symptoms by strong orgasm before hell breaks loose after ejaculation as time goes by. Each hormone might have a different concentration vs time curves, the inhibitory ones might have the upper hand at the start of orgasm interfering with genitourinary mast cell activation by ejaculation. My POIS is heavier when orgasm is weak. There is a competition going on between orgasm and ejaculation while orgasm itself could be a double edged sword.

It could all lead to the same cell type but there could be hundreds of ways.
« : November 08, 2019, 07:20:11 PM Muon »
nanna1
: 262

« #40 : November 09, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »

A recent POIS paper (2019) tested the MCAS and systemic mastocytosis models for POIS.

"The particularity of the case is that the patient had no obvious local or generalized allergic reaction, which can delay and even obscure the diagnosis...
2. Systemic Mastocytosis;... The second differential diagnosis was invalidated, because of the absence of major and/or minor criteria for mastocytosis. There were no obvious rashes or hematological changes in the number or morphology of mast cells."

POST COITAL ALLERGY - A CASE REPORT OF POST ORGASMIC ILLNESS SYNDROME. Med. Surg. J. - Rev. Med. Chir. Soc. Med. Nat., Iaşi - 2019 - vol. 123, no. 2

They looked at the mast cells of this patient under the microscope and found them to be normal in quantity and appearance. The researchers could not observe any signs of mast cell activation.
« : November 09, 2019, 04:16:46 PM nanna1 »

POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/
Muon

« #41 : November 09, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »

A recent POIS paper (2019) tested the MCAS and systemic mastocytosis models for POIS.
I haven't read anything about the testing of a MCAS model.

The researchers could not observe any signs of mast cell activation.
Where did you read that? I can't find it.
nanna1
: 262

« #42 : November 10, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »

I haven't read anything about the testing of a MCAS model.

The researchers could not observe any signs of mast cell activation.
Where did you read that? I can't find it.
  To make a long story short, the paper "POST COITAL ALLERGY - a case report of post orgasmic illness syndrome" looked for signs of anaphylaxis in the POIS patient they studied. They did not find that anaphylaxis was apart of this patient's POIS. With the exception of abdominal pain-nausea, the POIS patient's symptoms (see Section: CASE REPORT) do not match the characteristic features of mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) and anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is the first diagnostic criteria for MCAS given by the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology.

I used a standard definition of mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). There are many non-standard descriptions of MCAS on the internet. But without a clear definition (diagnostic criteria), the concept of MCAS can be stretched to include any disease. The definition of MCAS that I used, comes from the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI). They state the following:
"Section: IDIOPATHIC MAST CELL ACTIVATION SYNDROME
MCAS is a condition in which the patient experiences repeated episodes of the symptoms of anaphylaxis - allergic symptoms such as hives, swelling, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing and severe diarrhea....Evaluation for MCAS starts with determining whether the symptoms occur in separate attacks and are typical symptoms of an anaphylactic reaction without a clear cause.
" -American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology: MAST CELL ACTIVATION SYNDROME (MCAS)

The AAAAI states that there are three stages to diagnosing MCAS. In summary,
  • Measure the presence of anaphylaxis (hives, low blood pressure, vomitting, etc... see Section: SYMPTOMS)
  • Measure mast cell mediators (tryptase, N-methyl-histamine, etc...) during acute phase and baseline (see Section: MEDIATORS)
  • Block mast cell mediators and observe symptom reduction
  The POIS patient in this paper failed the first diagnostic criteria for MCAS (anaphylaxis), which also overlaps with mastocytosis. So under the AAAAI definition of MCAS, the patient would not be diagnosed with MCAS. Below, I have added additional quotes from the paper to make this clearer:

"The particularity of the case is that the patient had no obvious local or generalized allergic reaction, which can delay and even obscure the diagnosis...
Past medical history: no history of allergy...
Family history: one of his children was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. No family history of allergies or diabetes...
Physical exam: absence of physical signs or symptoms, no local or generalized eruption or swelling, normal blood pressure and pulse...
2. Systemic Mastocytosis;... The second differential diagnosis was invalidated, because of the absence of major and/or minor criteria for mastocytosis. There were no obvious rashes or hematological changes in the number or morphology of mast cells."

POST COITAL ALLERGY - A CASE REPORT OF POST ORGASMIC ILLNESS SYNDROME. Med. Surg. J. - Rev. Med. Chir. Soc. Med. Nat., Iaşi - 2019 - vol. 123, no. 2

Furthermore, it is unclear how an IgE allergen could past from the prostate to the blood stream and diffuse throughout the entire body without causing anaphylaxis-allergy. Mast cell are in every part of the body. The paper also claims that injecting the POIS patient's autologous semen caused different symptoms than the patient's typical POIS symptoms. Is there something about the allergy-hypothesis that I do not understand?
« : November 11, 2019, 01:57:11 PM nanna1 »

POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: