Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 194737 times)

G

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #630 on: October 26, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »
we measured T levels multiple times and they are always somewhere halfway the ref. values.

Which of the following have you measured and what were the values?
Total Testosterone
SHBG
Free Testosterone

Edit: The reason I ask this is because Total T can be normal but free T low. Demo and some others already had a suspicion that TRT might help people with normal T levels.

we measured 3 times.
a while ago (2016):

total testosteron: 17.72 nmol/L-- ref: 8.6 - 29       free testosteron: 22.83 nmol/L -- ref: 7 - 25     SHBG: 38 nmol/L -- ref:17 - 52

6 weeks ago, before O and after O

before O: total testosteron: 21.7 nmol/L                             free testosteron : no value                                  SHBG: 52

after O: total testosteron: 17.4 nmol/L                                free testosteron: no value                                   SHBG: 50

latest measurement (with androgel after +-3 weeks) will come this week. i will keep you informed. that measurement includes also free testosteron.

problems are worse with the last measurement

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #631 on: October 26, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »
Could you copy that to the results thread? You may put your first post in there as well for context.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.0

You can update your data there by modifying your post if new data presents itself.
What do you mean by 'problems are worse with the last measurement'?
Does 'no value' for free T means zero? I think Heather reported something similar if I remember correctly.

G

« Reply #632 on: October 26, 2020, 02:30:33 PM »
Could you copy that to the results thread? You may put your first post in there as well for context.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.0

i will do!

You can update your data there by modifying your post if new data presents itself.
What do you mean by 'problems are worse with the last measurement'?
Does 'no value' for free T means zero? I think Heather reported something similar if I remember correctly.

i will do!

That means : not measured.
I was at another doctor while asking for the measurement.
Here the doctor sends you to some place where they do the blood test, and till a year ago, you get a form from them and you see what they are going to test. Now you only get a barcode, so I was not aware of the fact that we did not a complete test.
the next test will be complete.

"What do you mean by 'problems are worse with the last measurement'?"

I mean that when I had these POIS problems back in 2016... it did not include sleepless nights after O. I was also able to drive a car safely and I did not have that much of depressed feelings. Also the timespan I had the problems was only like 24 to 48 hours. Till 3 weeks ago I was a depressed and emotional unstable zombie for at least 4 days and dropped stuff accidentally all day long. Bumped up to door openings, restless short nights, visiting the toilet for at least 4 times in the night etc etc. In short: i felt drunk and depressed, and not able to work or drive a car safely.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:47:31 PM by G »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #633 on: October 26, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »
G, Your statement, “ Please give it a try”, was removed. Please see our forum rules @
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

“Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice“
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #634 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:49 PM »

G, many thanks for your reporting!

After 10 years of testosterone patches, I’m reluctant to switch to gel, but you have provided teriffic information on your experience!

Thanks again.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #635 on: October 26, 2020, 03:37:47 PM »
G, Your statement, “ Please give it a try”, was removed. Please see our forum rules @

Yes that's because TRT can lead to azoospermia for the people who don't know it yet.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6241897/

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: October 26, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
The “no medical advice” rule was derived here in 2010 because any medical advice over the internet - - without specific patient-doctor evaluation - -  is inappropriate and potentially dangerous.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:51:50 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: October 26, 2020, 06:12:41 PM »

My POIS treatment is no longer available, due to a “shortage”. Endocrinologist asked me if I wanted to try the injection or gel route. I declined. After 10 years, I’m hoping my body has been “trained” somewhat, so I’m just going to tough it out with...nothing. Wish me luck.

The pharmacy just now called me and “found a 30-day supply”!

The plot thickens!

aswinpras06

« Reply #638 on: October 26, 2020, 11:17:32 PM »
Hi Demo

Does testosterone works for preventing your hot shower problem?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #639 on: October 26, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
No, aswin, the only prevention I found is bird baths ;D

aswinpras06

« Reply #640 on: October 27, 2020, 12:39:16 AM »
Sorry for the question?  Can you describe how do you do the bird bath?  I am becoming mentally depressed now so much that I could not understand even normal  things unless explained.  I have both hot and cold shower problem apart from shaving   the head or face. These things can cause symptoms as hard as POIS and my  doctors say it is all in my head and I need psychiatric therapy.

G

« Reply #641 on: October 27, 2020, 12:19:09 PM »

Sorry,
I was just so happy with the result, forgot this is forbidden. wanted to share and help, but understand it's dangerous.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #642 on: October 27, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »
G, thanks for understanding!