Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344489 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Thanks, Muon.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2019, 02:32:14 PM »
I try pomegrantate juice, supposed to boost T by 15-30%
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: July 17, 2019, 03:07:33 PM »

I try pomegrantate juice, supposed to boost T by 15-30%

“Pomegranates

The pomegranate is an age-old symbol of fertility and sexual function, and its antioxidant levels may support heart health and stress reduction.

Also, results of a study from 2012 indicate that pomegranate may boost testosterone levels in men and women. Sixty healthy participants drank pure pomegranate juice for 14 days, and researchers tested the levels of testosterone in their saliva three times a day.

At the end of the study period, both male and female participants displayed an average 24 percent increase in salivary testosterone levels. They also experienced improvements in mood and blood pressure.”

Best foods for increasing low testosterone
https://tinyurl.com/y68qqw2l
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:26:54 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: July 18, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »

Best foods for

increasing low testosterone

https://tinyurl.com/y68qqw2l

Vandemolen

« Reply #404 on: July 18, 2019, 08:25:00 PM »
Something weird happened. In my latest test my testosterone was 29! In the last 10 years it was always around 10. But I took those previous tests in the afternoon. The latest test I did was at noon. I know there is a difference between a test in the morning and the afternoon. But so big?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:54:44 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Vandemolen

« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2019, 10:19:24 AM »
Something weird happened. In my latest test my testosterone was 29! In the last 10 years it was always around 10. But I took those previous tests in the afternoon. The latest test I did was at noon. I know there is a difference between a test in the morning and the afternoon. But so big?
Does anybody have an explantion for this? The tests were at the same hospital. Can there be such a big difference in testossterone at the end of the morning and the afternoon? There were only a few weeks between the two tests. And both were out of POIS.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »
What is your doctor's opinion on this?

Vandemolen

« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2019, 09:12:59 AM »
I saw the results of the bloodtest on the website of the hospital. The doctor will call me next week.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2019, 01:09:38 PM »
Check this review article Demo, very interesting overview especially table 2.
The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Testosterone

Adipokines are increased in men with low T. These are pro-inflammatory. TRT lowers these cytokines. I wonder if leptin and/or adiponectin play a role in pois. Leptin also regulates hunger/appetite which vanishes in POIS for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipokine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2019, 03:06:39 PM »
Muon, thanks, the anti-inflammatory aspect of T is intriguing!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2019, 04:21:36 AM »
This still doesn't explain POIS. However Leptin does affect the adaptive immune system. It inhibits the proliferation of FOXP3+ Treg cells. Low values of these cells changes your immune tolerance and cause autoimmune disease. TRT--->lowers leptin--->stops inhibition of Tregs--->improves POIS (I'm making assumptions here of course). TRT also works directly on Tregs and can stimulate proliferation via androgen receptors. Leptin also crosses the BBB and is able to cause cognitive symptoms.

Leptin and Inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
Just slept 15 hours (much of it Benadryl-induced) trying to “shake off” POIS - - also doubled my TRT dose. Combo not 100% but it helps. Downside: shaking off the sleepiness.

Yesterday (Day Zero) was a very similar routine.

After many DECADES of POIS garbage, I’m hoping for a cure in my lifetime. Medical Research World: please hurry!!
:) :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:31:21 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2019, 10:16:42 PM »
Today, POIS Day Zero, felt like a POIS “cure”. No symptoms! Not completely sure why.

This morning I took enough Benadryl to give me a fair amount of
forced daytime sleep (1st 1/2 of my POIS-onset treatment strategy).
Before nodding off I took...TOO MUCH TESTOSTERONE. (EXTRA TRT is the 2nd 1/2 of my onset treatment strategy).
I called my pharmacist and she confirmed that I shouldn’t take more than 6mg TRT. I took 8mg, plus I was only halfway through yesterday’s TRT dose cycle. My “normal” dose (out-of-POIS) is 4mg/day. Every single day of the year I’m “on” TRT.

Needless to say, I recommend overdosing TO NO ONE!! Next time I will stick to the medical guidelines. I’ve had emergency open heart surgery and a near-fatal diverticulitis attack, so I’m not taking chances.

I kept my appointments, which I normally cancel on Day Zero & Day 1.

My mental attitude this morning was better than normal.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:05:34 PM by demografx »

Vandemolen

« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
My urologist could not explain why my testosterone was so high. I will have a new bloodtest about a month. When it is high again then my testosterone is ok. When it is low again, then I will get a medicine to raise my testosterone. I also will have a semen and a urine test to check if I have a UTI.

b_jim

« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
I guess the nurse taking your blood for the test was very sexy :)

Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
I guess the nurse taking your blood for the test was very sexy :)

;D ;D
- - - - - - - - -

b_jim, when my urologist’s nurse first submitted my blood for testosterone long ago, she incorrectly marked my case as “Female”!!!!

Talk about dumb, skewed results!!! ;D

Switching from urologists to endocrinology was my ticket to far better POIS help!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:27:14 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2019, 06:19:07 PM »
Today, POIS Day Zero, felt like a POIS “cure”. No symptoms! Not completely sure why.

This morning I took enough Benadryl to give me a fair amount of
forced daytime sleep (1st 1/2 of my POIS-onset treatment strategy).
Before nodding off I took...TOO MUCH TESTOSTERONE. (EXTRA TRT is the 2nd 1/2 of my onset treatment strategy).
I called my pharmacist and she confirmed that I shouldn’t take more than 6mg TRT. I took 8mg, plus I was only halfway through yesterday’s TRT dose cycle. My “normal” dose (out-of-POIS) is 4mg/day. Every single day of the year I’m “on” TRT.

Needless to say, I recommend overdosing TO NO ONE!! Next time I will stick to the medical guidelines. I’ve had emergency open heart surgery and a near-fatal diverticulitis attack, so I’m not taking chances.

I kept my appointments, which I normally cancel on Day Zero & Day 1.

My mental attitude this morning was better than normal.

Same protocol today.

Effective!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »
This is a text message to me from one of our Anonymous Donors (he donates generously and continuously to POIScenter.com for POIS Research and also ongoing hosting & computer maintenance fees).

”Demo,
Has anybody ever tried Human Growth Hormone to treat POIS?”

Does anyone know? (I don’t)

I’ll pass along your reply to him.
Thank you,
Demo
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 12:59:00 AM by demografx »

b_jim

« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2019, 02:57:47 AM »
To my knowledge, nobody CURES Pois with HGH.
Maybe some guys here made a try.
But it's  problematic. HGH are used for doping. And HGH can be used for children (stunted children? not sure of this translation). But there were scandals in 80's with unsafe medications... I't's a complicated subject.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
Thanks, b_jim! Texting your post directly above to our anonymous donor!