Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 354825 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2019, 03:15:06 PM »
It’s now 12:08pm, and I can start to feel my maddening
POIS-fingertip-syndrome flare up. “More rest, please!!!”  ;D ;D
12:14pm...just took 2 Aleve in response to above :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:10:30 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »

Virus-induced dysfunction of the endocrine system:
''Furthermore, of essential importance is the fact that viral infection of the testicular cells may result not only in changes in testicular function, a serious risk for the fertility and general health of the individual (such as a fall in testosteronemia leading to cachexia)''
Viruses in the Mammalian Male Genital Tract and Their Effects on the Reproductive System
Looked up cachexia. Sounds exactly like my pre-TRT POIS-fatigue!!! Amazing. Could it be that POIS includes for my case a testicular viral infection?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »
Me: testicular problem at birth corrected by surgery. Hmmmmmm. The plot thickens, Muon!!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:57:52 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2019, 05:32:37 PM »
It’s 2:29pm Day Zero! And I’m still feeling like .

I attribute this feeling to my dessert at lunch!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:17:07 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
In all seriousness, I wonder if my huge somewhat “unhealthy” lunch, plus a 
T O N  of sugar contributes to my feeling better now @ 2:58pm Day Zero?

If I’m conscious enough I’ll report back when my sugar rush starts to...crash
;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:02:42 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2019, 07:43:43 PM »
Sugar crash = nap = feel great again (for a while :) )

It’s 4:44pm

Nas

« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2019, 03:40:16 AM »
It’s 2:29pm Day Zero! And I’m still feeling like .

I attribute this feeling to my dessert at lunch!

Wow, fancy!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »

Wow, fancy!

Thanks, Nas!

I treated myself to my all time favorite dessert.
(Dutch apple pie a la mode).

That helps to ease the pain of POIS :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:50:20 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2019, 12:06:25 PM »
It’s Day One, 8:58am and I feel Teriffic. BUT...I went to bed at 7:00pm last night, slept (sometimes fitfully) for 12 hours, itching like mad from all the extra testosterone :)

My family wasn’t thrilled with my zombie-like behavior on Day Zero...
but it worked: I was able to “shake off POIS”...earlier than usual...with
extra forced sleep and extra testosterone.

Not recommended if u want any form of social life ;D

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:26:01 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2019, 02:34:42 AM »
I don’t know if my recent TRT+Forced Extra Sleep diary/journaling has helped anyone else here...but it has certainly helped...ME!

By paying more detailed attention to what I do (writing it down), I have somehow just achieved a breakthrough: POIS symptoms
*only* on Day Zero. And lighter symptoms at that! It was twice as long (and more painful) even just recently, and in the more distant pre-TRT past, 4-5 days of pure unadulterated POIS agony, getting progressively worse yearly! I’ll never understand how I accomplished as much as I did! But without POIS, who knows? Maybe I could’ve been a
Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Sir Elton John ;D

I hope you all can achieve great breakthroughs...FASTER than I did with my many decades of trial & error (Mostly error ;D )

Best,
Demo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:20:33 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2019, 02:53:46 AM »

I hope you all can achieve great breakthroughs...FASTER than I did with my many decades of trial & error (mostly error ;D )

That's sad and disconcerting :/

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:21:48 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2019, 03:03:05 AM »

I hope you all can achieve great breakthroughs...FASTER than I did with my many decades of trial & error (Mostly error ;D )

That's sad and disconcerting :/

Nas, don’t let it be, please! For DECADES, there was no forum, no “POIS” discovery by Waldinger, no networking. Just we POISers & the world. And it took
f o r e v e r   to connect the dots between sex-and-symptoms.
Before 2007 we just never knew what we had.

Fast-forward to 2019, with a scientific, forum-funded POIS research project underway: THIS IS A MIRACLE.

It’s even a miracle from where we started as a primitive forum in 2007, wondering if ashawaganda root could cure POIS. (Without a stitch of rhyme or reason).

And Nas,   Y O U R    scientific expertise - along with others here - is truly astounding. You, Muon, nanna1, Quantum, Observer, Hopeoneday, & many others are a dream-come true for me and hundreds of other POISers.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:19:48 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: March 09, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
I don’t know if my recent TRT+Forced Extra Sleep diary/journaling has helped anyone else here...but it has certainly helped...ME!

This is a Great Birthday Present for me today: being POIS-free. Dunno about later in the day, but so far so good!!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:50:34 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2019, 09:12:37 PM »
It’s Day Zero and I’m (90%) POIS-free.

Why?

Extra testosterone

• Aleve & rest

Very stressful but very successful stage performance last night

It was the 3rd item that pushed me over the edge. (Positive edge :) )

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:18:45 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2019, 05:10:49 PM »
Day 1: my energy level isn’t as good as yesterday :(

Partly because the energy lift of my stage performance has faded?

This POIS garbage is soooooo complicated!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:49:37 PM by demografx »

quotz

« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2019, 06:34:15 PM »
4 months on TRT, brain fog is still lurking but my mood and the fog is like 60% gone. I still have POIS though, and the bad thing is that I am so horny due to the testosterone that I keep masturbating every day, and I have brain fog every day just because of this haha.

How long did it take for you guys to clear it up 90%?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »
quotz, TRT in tandem with moderation/abstinence works best, as with most POIS treatments so far.

So put some of your horns in the closet! ;D

4 months is probably at about the best level you will experience from this point forward. Just my own non-medical-practitioner’s opinion based on my personal peak at about 4-6 weeks.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:36:43 AM by demografx »

Vandemolen

« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »
At a new bloodtest my testosterone came out low again. I have out of POIS a few testosterone shortage symptoms:
Painful joints
Low back pain
Hair loss
Feeling tired
Insomnia. I wake up after four hours and can not fall asleep again.
Feeling depressed
Hot flushes
Sweating

Other symptoms:
Back and neck warm. Left foot too.
Feeling cold. Cold feet and hands.
No appetite
Lost five kilos in four weeks
Rash on chest and back.
Dry mouth and dry skin.
Headache.
Stinky urine

Are these symptoms familiar to men who had or have low testosterone?

My testosterone is 9. I read on the website of a Dutch hospital that their policy is to give patients who have a level between 8 and 12 3 months of testosterone. And men below 8 will get testosterone their whole live. Does this mean that your body is able to produce testosterone when you take it only for 3 months? I always thought that when you take TRT once you have to take it your whole life.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:34:31 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
Years ago, my endocrinologist mentioned that there are ways to circumvent infertility, but I wasn’t having more children at my age, so I didn’t really delve into it. It would be a good question for an endocrinologist today.

Vandemolen

« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
That is good to know. Thanks.

Do you recognize the symptoms I have? I mean out of POIS.

In The Netherlands doctors do not want to prescribe TRT very fast. I read on a Dutch site that it is more normal in The US. If my testosterone was under 8 maybe it would be easier. But with 9 the doctor will only give it when he rules out other things. I am not sure that my SI joint pain is the cause of my problems (like insomnia and hot flushes) or maybe it is a symptom of too low testosterone. The last 5 years my testosterone level was between 12 and 10. Somtimes 10 and then 11. So not in a down going line. But this year it is just 9.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:56:43 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.