Author Topic: This may seem like a familiar place.  (Read 438218 times)

Nas

Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #2160 on: January 12, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
Nah I don't sneeze, I mean, I never really notice it, maybe I'll pay more attention in the future. But overall the majority of what I suffer from is Neuropsychiatric.

Do you think the vagus nerve could be involved in your POIS?
I think what I have is inflammation in the CNS. I honestly don't fully understand how the vagus nerve can be at all related to POIS. What I think POIS is related to immune activity and potentially hormonal issue, but I'm not really sure about the latter.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2161 on: January 12, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »
Very interesting, Nas!

You just made me re-think the “perfect wisdom” of the theory of Dr Komisaruk. I say “perfect wisdom” only because he seems at the forefront and has spent his career studying the science of orgasm. However, most of his published studies are in analyzing female orgasm. Maybe we’re completely different!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:59:43 PM by demografx »
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Muon

« Reply #2162 on: January 12, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »
However, most of his published studies are in analyzing female orgasm.
I also find it more interesting to analyze female orgasms though ::)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2163 on: January 12, 2019, 09:40:39 PM »
However, most of his published studies are in analyzing female orgasm.
I also find it more interesting to analyze female orgasms though ::)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:33:03 PM by demografx »
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2164 on: January 14, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »

I *almost always* sneeze at POIS onset.

I also sneeze often with my first cup of coffee in the morning.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:05:56 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2165 on: January 14, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »
Nah I don't sneeze, I mean, I never really notice it, maybe I'll pay more attention in the future. But overall the majority of what I suffer from is Neuropsychiatric.

I think what I have is inflammation in the CNS. I honestly don't fully understand how the vagus nerve can be at all related to POIS. What I think POIS is related to immune activity and potentially hormonal issue, but I'm not really sure about the latter.
I wonder if my POIS is hormonal.

Nas

« Reply #2166 on: January 14, 2019, 04:37:52 PM »

Potentially, according to Muon's Treg theory, some hormonal issues can lead to down regulations of Treg cells that contribute to non-self discrimination. The auto-immune reaction, it self, leads to systematic symptoms, how exactly I do not know and I think this matter needs some sort of investigation.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2167 on: January 15, 2019, 12:39:37 AM »

Potentially, according to Muon's Treg theory, some hormonal issues can lead to down regulations of Treg cells that contribute to non-self discrimination. The auto-immune reaction, it self, leads to systematic symptoms, how exactly I do not know and I think this matter needs some sort of investigation.
Too bad we have limited influence on NORD researchers’ course of investigation.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2168 on: January 21, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »

Wishing to all of us:

POIS progress in 2019!!

I inquired again re NORD status. Just heard back from them: it still “...looks good!” for January announcement of our new
POIS Research Team.

For newcomers:
https://tinyurl.com/y8ow7v8j