Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002424 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1180 on: July 12, 2014, 06:40:04 AM »
We are beginning to have problems with this form. The hosting service was bought about 8 months ago, sold to one of those mass service companies, and changes in server version numbers and operating software is affecting the funcionality of our forum. Many are having trouble posting and certain other functions are also failing sporadically.

It is not a small thing to fix, and requires time and or money to do, which at this point I do not have.

I have created a forum over at google groups, which is very flexible (maybe not as pretty) and allows pretty much all the same features as we have here.

The link is:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/poiscenter

Please all go over there, so that we don't risk problems here. It's an important time right now, and this other forum will allow us to continue securely.

Sorry for this big inconvenience.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Prancer

« Reply #1181 on: July 12, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
I don't think we should completely abandon this one for those who aren't having any problems. (I haven't experienced any technical problems except when I first signed up back in 2012). Plus this one is really, really easy to find via search for any new POISers, and it has loads of good information still in it. So maybe we can use both, one as a backup?  ???

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #1182 on: July 12, 2014, 04:01:11 PM »
I don't think we should completely abandon this one for those who aren't having any problems. (I haven't experienced any technical problems except when I first signed up back in 2012). Plus this one is really, really easy to find via search for any new POISers, and it has loads of good information still in it. So maybe we can use both, one as a backup?  ???

This one won't close. At the very worst, It could eventually get locked so that there'd be no posting, but it would always stay for the information and post it contains.

One problem is that I can't back up the database. So there would be no recovery if something failed. I have asked the hosting service for some sort of solution. Still have to see what they say.

So it just makes me nervous. If there's a risk that something will get lost, it's better to be safe and use google groups until we sort this out.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1183 on: July 12, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »

Thanks , Prancer!

You're a solid citizen here!! :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1184 on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:46:52 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1186 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:47:53 PM by demografx »

Nightingale

« Reply #1187 on: July 13, 2014, 01:35:32 AM »
!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1188 on: July 13, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »
Thanks, Nightingale!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1189 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
Dr. Eleni Frangos, PhD., one of our Rutgers-POIS Study Members. Her dissertation was successfully defended. Much of what she writes is related to the Study we're now undertaking of POIS.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:18:00 PM by demografx »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #1190 on: July 13, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm working with our hosting service to see if they can install the latest version of SMF forum.

The forum hasn't been customized much, so that makes upgrading easier. An upgrade comes without any cusomizations.

The only customizations I think are the icons for the categories, which are easy to redo, and the chat, which is not used very much. So we will probably not install the chat with the upgrade. not at first anyways. If there's a demand, we could install it.

All this has a cost though. I just paid for hosting renewal for 2 yrs, which cost me over $200. So I'd like to ask that we have volunteers to upgrade our forum. They told me it would be probably 1 or 2 hrs of work, @ $60 per hour. I suspect that it could take twice that.

So we need committments for somewhere around $250. What we could do is get the committments, and then have the work done. Once the bill comes we can divide the actual cost among those who commit, so that nobody is paying money that won't actually be used.

So let me know. If we don't do the upgrade, then we should move to google groups.

Thanks

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1191 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm working with our hosting service to see if they can install the latest version of SMF forum.

The forum hasn't been customized much, so that makes upgrading easier. An upgrade comes without any cusomizations.

The only customizations I think are the icons for the categories, which are easy to redo, and the chat, which is not used very much. So we will probably not install the chat with the upgrade. not at first anyways. If there's a demand, we could install it.

All this has a cost though. I just paid for hosting renewal for 2 yrs, which cost me over $200. So I'd like to ask that we have volunteers to upgrade our forum. They told me it would be probably 1 or 2 hrs of work, @ $60 per hour. I suspect that it could take twice that.

So we need committments for somewhere around $250. What we could do is get the committments, and then have the work done. Once the bill comes we can divide the actual cost among those who commit, so that nobody is paying money that won't actually be used.

So let me know. If we don't do the upgrade, then we should move to google groups.

Thanks

Teriffic, Daveman .

Count me in for $100!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:52:24 PM by demografx »

Prancer

Prancer

« Reply #1193 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:47 PM »
Thanks, Prancer!

And Nightingale!

You're welcome! And thank you, Daveman and everyone for helping to get this far with the research! So awesome!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1194 on: July 13, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »

One of the Rutgers-POIS questionnaire forms. Please see...

www.tinyurl.com/muxuurv

...for the other forms and request for feedback.

Best,
Demo

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:10:56 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1195 on: July 13, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »
Thanks, Prancer!

And Nightingale!

You're welcome! And thank you, Daveman and everyone for helping to get this far with the research! So awesome!!

Thank you, Prancer!  :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1196 on: July 15, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
Reprinted: Jul 14   Maniac Komplex  (@Google Groups)

"...any thought to getting like 5 people for a single Hilton $100 room? would be 20$ a night and 4 or 3 of us could just rack out on the floor with a sleeping bag n pillow."

4:16 PM

Great idea, MK!!
Best,
demografx
(Demo)

Prancer

« Reply #1197 on: July 15, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »
You know, I just remembered that a new POISer from Spain found us from reading the El Mundo article, and I think his post was deleted by accident during the poiscenter upgrade. So even though I forgot his name I wanna say hi to him (in spanish) if he is still reading. The only things I remember was that his post was in Spanish and he is 29 and suffering a lot.

Hola y bienvenido! He todo que nos haya encontrado al leer el articulo de El Mundo. Por favor, publique de nuevo. Lo siento mucho lo de tu mala experiencia. :]

Colm

« Reply #1198 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
Hey guys,

Thanks

Teriffic, Daveman .

Count me in for $100!

I offered a donation here also a few days back, but it seems to have got deleted. Hopefully we can get a few more $'s into the offer, so Daveman can upgrade here, rather than us all heading off to Google Groups. Seems like a no brainer, what do you think guys? What about some of us, who weren't here to contribute to the research, but might benefit from it?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:57:07 AM by Colm »

Pianist

« Reply #1199 on: July 16, 2014, 08:48:02 AM »
Dear friends! I am new to this forum. I am from Kazakhstan. Very little English. Write an interpreter, so sorry). I want to thank you for what he has done such a great job))) I have a question: Tell me, Dr. komisaruk will do a full examination or to prove the theory of the vagus nerve? If you answer I would be very grateful). P.S by the way do you happen after orgasm acne?