Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002297 times)

Chris

Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1120 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:58 AM »
this  happens to me all the time i.never.figured out why.
i.have.always suspected maybe it is something i eat

CertainlyPOIS, for me some foods do aggravate my symptoms and POIS state.
Many members have also confirm that for themselves.
Stress and tension too.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1121 on: March 01, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
RUTGERS'  STATUS

Demo,

It takes about a month to get IRB approval, if all goes well.

Barry

Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Dept. Psychology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Radiology
Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers University
Smith Hall 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, NJ 07102

phone (office): 973 353 3941
phone (mobile): 973 462 0178

On Fri, February 28, 2014 2:49 pm, Demo wrote:

Thanks, Barry,

I thought the delay was caused by getting the official NORD letter which
we pushed for. We thought it was a month from your receipt. Am I just
nitpicking "days"?

Best,
Demo

ps - is everything on hold for Rutgers' formal approval?

Anything we can do to help initiate this long-awaited study would be
appreciated.

On Feb 28, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Barry Komisaruk <brk@psychology.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

Dear Demo,

Hopefully in about a month.

Barry

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Smith Hall, Room 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102

phone:  973-462-0178 (mobile)
      973-353-3941(work)
fax:    973-353-1171

On 2/27/2014 5:09 PM, Demo wrote:

Hi Barry,

Just curious if there is an ETA for Rutgers' formal approval of fMRI
for POISers?

Best regards,

Demo

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Colm

« Reply #1122 on: March 01, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »
I ended up abstaining for the entire time, so I will do my interview on Day 12. 
How was the interview Lycopoulos?

Clycos

« Reply #1123 on: March 02, 2014, 04:49:45 AM »
Hey Colm! Really nice of you for asking, although I was a little anxious and nervous it went pretty well. It was about me going on a student exchange to Spain. They're highly selective in to this program and in dying to go, I'm getting an answer this week, fingers crossed!

Clycos

« Reply #1124 on: March 02, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
Hey guys, need a piece of advice once again and would love to hear your thoughts on this:
Im 18 days in the cycle,  feeling great so far and I?m planning on going on vacation with friends one week from today. I personally don?t want to enter in to another cycle before going on vacation, however at the same time I?m afraid that if I abstain for too long I increase my chance of NE. What are your thought on this? Is it very common to have a NE after 25 days of abstaining?
In other words: Should I start a new cycle this week so I can be ?Fresh? for vacation, or can I keep abstaining until then?

Thank you!

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1126 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »
Rutgers lab studies female orgasm through brain imaging

http://tinyurl.com/y3286te
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:20:22 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1127 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:42 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1128 on: March 24, 2014, 01:16:04 AM »

POISER AT WORK - 9th FLOOR OFFICE!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:17:59 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1129 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:32 PM »

Hold it in till u get to Rutgers!!!

;D ;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1130 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:16 PM »

While we're at it... some thoughts on BRAIN FOG --
Yours,
Daveman!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:43:13 PM by demografx »

LAPOISSE

« Reply #1131 on: April 14, 2014, 05:49:43 AM »
Hi Guys,

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1287.0

I would like you to answer to this poll ; it would surely mean something and could be quite quite helpful but we need a significant number of response for that. I strongly believe(as kurtosis, herman, B Daniel, Bjim, etc) that digestion is strongly involved in POIS ; Looking at our weight and validate that we are all skinny(this is my feeling) could be a first important step toward research.

Vandemolen

« Reply #1132 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
Do you have UTI?

I just found out that that one of the side effects of Xyzal (levocetirizine) is that it gets harder to urinate. The prostate becomes bigger after taking Xyzal. And in my case also after POIS. I used to use an extra dose of Xyzal when in POIS. I use almost everyday 1 pill. Now I want to stop.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1133 on: April 27, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »

IRB Committees (Institutional Review Board committees) take their time when reviewing studies.

They should take their time -- there should be no rushing, as lives may be affected by these research studies.

The main job of the IRB committee is to make sure that a study is (1) safe, (2) ethical, and (3) there's a solid medical goal. There are often lots of back-and-forth questions to the PI (Principal Investigator -- Dr. Komisaruk) from the Committee -- the questions are sent and answered via mail. Then everyone has to wait until the Committee meets again (usually once/month) to review and discuss the answers. Sometimes, more questions are generated.

If any of you is interested, here's a link to information about the Rutgers University IRB Committee -- http://orra.rutgers.edu/rutgers-irb.

For unknown reasons, NORD did not send the formal contract with details to Dr. Komisaruk until mid-February (despite knowing he was the MAC's choice for our grant award back in mid-December). So, Dr. Komisaruk and his team probably submitted their IRB paperwork shortly after mid-February.  In that sense, not much time has passed in waiting for IRB approval.

I'm sure that this waiting period for the IRB approval is very frustrating -- for both Dr. Komisaruk and for all of us!  But a few months of having to wait for IRB approval is absolutely normal. Please know that a few months for the IRB approval to come through is absolutely not a cause for concern -- but it can be vexing!

It will happen -- have NO doubts!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1134 on: April 29, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »

The most recent reply from Rutgers:

On Apr 25, 2014, at 12:28 PM, Barry Komisaruk <brk@psychology.rutgers.edu> wrote:

Dear Demo and Daveman,

We are obtaining the equipment and getting ready to submit the irb application.

Barry
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Smith Hall, Room 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102

phone:  973-462-0178 (mobile)
       973-353-3941(work)
fax:    973-353-1171

On 4/25/2014 10:29 AM, Demo wrote:

Hello, Dr. Komisaruk,

We hope all is well with you and your staff.

Please advise:

Has significant progress been made toward commencing the POIS study?
Is there an estimated start date for the study?
We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Demo and Daveman  
--------------------------------------------------------

Please note:

Dr K said it's ok for individual members to email him, so feel free to do so (his email is at the beginning of this post) -- please share your replies here if it's not too confidential and can help other members!

Although Dr. K. was short in his answer,  we got the feeling that the pay off of the whole process is to develop details of the actual program.

We imagine that's the case,  otherwise how is he going to get any kind of approval if he can't specify exactly what and how he is going to do it.

We imagine that involves now more than  just a "general plan".

How will the test groups be organized? What will their characteristics be?  What tests will he do?  What results are expected? How will the tests change as results change?

Etc. Etc.

So that is a lot more now than just asking for Rutgers' permission.  Then there's interaction.  If the board doesn't like something,  he must go in and change the plan.

Best wishes to all of us!

Demo and Daveman

Prancer

« Reply #1135 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
 8) niiiice

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1136 on: April 30, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
Thanks, Prancer!

This isn't easy!! ;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1137 on: May 04, 2014, 05:33:17 PM »
Anticipated Start Date
POIS Research at Rutgers
July, 2014

Per Dr Komisaruk email today.

Daveman and Demo

Prancer

« Reply #1138 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:33 AM »
Anticipated Start Date
POIS Research at Rutgers
July, 2014

Per Dr Komisaruk email today.

Daveman and Demo
Fantastic!! So excited!

Colm

« Reply #1139 on: May 05, 2014, 04:16:14 AM »
Potentially Ground Breaking News for POIS!

I like the understated announcements there Demo.