Author Topic: Mastic Gum etc  (Read 4647 times)

Limejuice

• Global Moderator
Re: Mastic Gum etc
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2021, 11:06:37 AM »

…The new mastic bottle arrived so the trials with your success continues.

Exciting progress news, Limejuice!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:30:58 AM by demografx »

Meshal

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2021, 12:59:17 PM »
my AOR mastic gum bottle just arrived. Starting off with 1cap/400mg a day for three days, here's to eradicate pois from existence!!

Clues

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2021, 02:08:29 PM »
Quick report on my mastic gum trial. I've used up one bottle of capsules, took roughly a month I believe. I haven't tried an orgasm yet due to life circumstances. However, my exercise intolerance seems completely unaffected, and I've felt no other notable changes, so I'm not very hopeful for my case. FWIW right now I'm kinda leaning against my gut issues being the root cause in my case, as I've managed to improve my gut function tremendously over the last year or two, but while lessened, my symptoms are far from gone.

Meshal

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 02:34:22 AM »
Well I'll be damned, *something* is actually working. Had two arousals so far and I can definitely tell there is something different about my pois physical symptoms.
Still early to tell, though. I'll give my full report in two weeks with definitive results.

drop247

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
John21, sorry if you already answered this but did you take the mastic gum on an empty stomach, before meals, after meals? Same question for your other supplements.

How are you doing now? Still taking anything?

John21

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »
John21, sorry if you already answered this but did you take the mastic gum on an empty stomach, before meals, after meals? Same question for your other supplements.

How are you doing now? Still taking anything?

I don't remember taking any supplement on an empty stomach but rather with meals. I would often chew the mastic gum before swallowing. Currently I am not taking supplements. I presume that I am still out of the woods but am presently chaste.

Mr Raba

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »
This is an excellent article on gut causes of  inflammatory conditions, what works according to research discussed (herbs ) and most importantly the mechanism that stars and perpetuates systemic inflammation that can be traced to gut. Excellent resource for this discussion.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/08/11/gulf-war-illness-herbs-gut-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/

I just bought  Andrographis from amazon for about 14$.  The article presents it and the evidence is encouraging.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

John21

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2021, 05:10:28 AM »
This is an excellent article on gut causes of  inflammatory conditions, what works according to research discussed (herbs ) and most importantly the mechanism that stars and perpetuates systemic inflammation that can be traced to gut. Excellent resource for this discussion.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/08/11/gulf-war-illness-herbs-gut-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/

I just bought  Andrographis from amazon for about 14$.  The article presents it and the evidence is encouraging.

Interesting. I just ordered a bottle to try it (not for POIS but for general health).

Clues

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2021, 05:48:28 AM »
Mastic gum update:

I took 1000 mg mastic gum per day for about a month, in the form of capsules from Jarrow Formulations brand. Tried an orgasm a few days after finishing the bottle, and symptoms were as usual. Mastic gum had no perceptible effect for me.

Note also that while I was taking the mastic gum, I speculated that a H. pylori infection might be the reason some people were seeing improvements from mastic gum, and took multiple other supplements that combat H. pylori:
  • Probiotic with Lactobacillus Acidophilus
  • Olive oil
  • Liquorice root
I also took oregano oil capsules, which ostensibly combat a different set of pathogenic gut bacteria, just in case that might help.

Net result: No change whatsoever. To me this reinforces the idea that POIS can arise from multiple root causes. In my case, I doubt the root cause is a gut infection.

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2021, 01:49:40 PM »
For me it's similar no effect, although I did not follow the regime so closely as Clues and I did not use a powedered one.

Some time ago, I also did not have a change with Pepto Bismol.

I also think I never got improvements with methylation stacks (also as per my 23andme checks, my methylation seems not so bad?)

I agree that for me, the POIS is more dsyautonomia/disregulation + "bad" genes +  some other infection?
(And Quantum's stack plus herbs/adaptogens is more useful for me)

John21

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
Well this is disappointing. Maybe there are different types of POIS, but maybe I guessed wrong, maybe mastic gum was not the key in the supplements that I took... something worked.

Clues

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2021, 02:53:07 AM »
Well this is disappointing. Maybe there are different types of POIS, but maybe I guessed wrong, maybe mastic gum was not the key in the supplements that I took... something worked.

IMO it's totally plausible that it may have worked for you but not others. :)

Progecitor

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
Could anyone who had a positive experience with mastic gum report about when they first began to see any change in symptom intensity? Was it only a day or two or maybe a week or more?