Author Topic: Mastic Gum etc  (Read 19387 times)

Limejuice

• Administrator
Re: Mastic Gum etc
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2021, 11:06:37 AM »

…The new mastic bottle arrived so the trials with your success continues.

Exciting progress news, Limejuice!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:30:58 AM by demografx »

Meshal

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2021, 12:59:17 PM »
my AOR mastic gum bottle just arrived. Starting off with 1cap/400mg a day for three days, here's to eradicate pois from existence!!

Clues

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2021, 02:08:29 PM »
Quick report on my mastic gum trial. I've used up one bottle of capsules, took roughly a month I believe. I haven't tried an orgasm yet due to life circumstances. However, my exercise intolerance seems completely unaffected, and I've felt no other notable changes, so I'm not very hopeful for my case. FWIW right now I'm kinda leaning against my gut issues being the root cause in my case, as I've managed to improve my gut function tremendously over the last year or two, but while lessened, my symptoms are far from gone.

Meshal

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 02:34:22 AM »
Well I'll be damned, *something* is actually working. Had two arousals so far and I can definitely tell there is something different about my pois physical symptoms.
Still early to tell, though. I'll give my full report in two weeks with definitive results.

drop247

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
John21, sorry if you already answered this but did you take the mastic gum on an empty stomach, before meals, after meals? Same question for your other supplements.

How are you doing now? Still taking anything?

John21

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »
John21, sorry if you already answered this but did you take the mastic gum on an empty stomach, before meals, after meals? Same question for your other supplements.

How are you doing now? Still taking anything?

I don't remember taking any supplement on an empty stomach but rather with meals. I would often chew the mastic gum before swallowing. Currently I am not taking supplements. I presume that I am still out of the woods but am presently chaste.

Mr Raba

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »
This is an excellent article on gut causes of  inflammatory conditions, what works according to research discussed (herbs ) and most importantly the mechanism that stars and perpetuates systemic inflammation that can be traced to gut. Excellent resource for this discussion.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/08/11/gulf-war-illness-herbs-gut-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/

I just bought  Andrographis from amazon for about 14$.  The article presents it and the evidence is encouraging.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

John21

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2021, 05:10:28 AM »
This is an excellent article on gut causes of  inflammatory conditions, what works according to research discussed (herbs ) and most importantly the mechanism that stars and perpetuates systemic inflammation that can be traced to gut. Excellent resource for this discussion.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/08/11/gulf-war-illness-herbs-gut-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/

I just bought  Andrographis from amazon for about 14$.  The article presents it and the evidence is encouraging.

Interesting. I just ordered a bottle to try it (not for POIS but for general health).

Clues

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2021, 05:48:28 AM »
Mastic gum update:

I took 1000 mg mastic gum per day for about a month, in the form of capsules from Jarrow Formulations brand. Tried an orgasm a few days after finishing the bottle, and symptoms were as usual. Mastic gum had no perceptible effect for me.

Note also that while I was taking the mastic gum, I speculated that a H. pylori infection might be the reason some people were seeing improvements from mastic gum, and took multiple other supplements that combat H. pylori:
  • Probiotic with Lactobacillus Acidophilus
  • Olive oil
  • Liquorice root
I also took oregano oil capsules, which ostensibly combat a different set of pathogenic gut bacteria, just in case that might help.

Net result: No change whatsoever. To me this reinforces the idea that POIS can arise from multiple root causes. In my case, I doubt the root cause is a gut infection.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2021, 01:49:40 PM »
For me it's similar no effect, although I did not follow the regime so closely as Clues and I did not use a powedered one.

Some time ago, I also did not have a change with Pepto Bismol.

I also think I never got improvements with methylation stacks (also as per my 23andme checks, my methylation seems not so bad?)

I agree that for me, the POIS is more dsyautonomia/disregulation + "bad" genes +  some other infection?
(And Quantum's stack plus herbs/adaptogens is more useful for me)

John21

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
Well this is disappointing. Maybe there are different types of POIS, but maybe I guessed wrong, maybe mastic gum was not the key in the supplements that I took... something worked.

Clues

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2021, 02:53:07 AM »
Well this is disappointing. Maybe there are different types of POIS, but maybe I guessed wrong, maybe mastic gum was not the key in the supplements that I took... something worked.

IMO it's totally plausible that it may have worked for you but not others. :)

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
Could anyone who had a positive experience with mastic gum report about when they first began to see any change in symptom intensity? Was it only a day or two or maybe a week or more?
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

elish2006

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »
Hey John21,

What were your POIS symptoms?

John21

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2022, 08:26:27 AM »
Cognitive issues: poor short term memory and unwell feeling. 

Disaster

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2022, 12:08:57 PM »
I also believe there is a microbiome component to POIS. When I was very young I got a lot of strep throat so I was put on antibiotic every other week. I can remember having accidents when I was little up until maybe 12 years old because I could barely hold back pooping. Looking back I think the antibiotics were the cause. So it is quit possible there is a link since I had mild POIS from my 1st orgasm on. To this day I have major gastrointestinal problems and part of my POIS numbs my lower abdominals and then after 24 hours they get very inflamed and I could have the worst level 10 pain depending on what I eat. I learned that if I avoid dairy that helps some. Also less junk type of food help. So no fried foods, candy, soda, ect? all things I love.

Regarding Mastic Gum I have been using it for over a decade and I have used every form of it, chewing gum, mastic tears, tea, tooth paste, oil, baking with it and and capsules. I have seen no improvement of POIS symptoms with it. It?s more of a stomach and teeth medicine than a colon and intestinal medicine.

Most of the the digestive supplements I have tested over the years and there are so many you would not believe, have helped my gut but with no effect on my POIS.

The last 5 years I have focused on my microbiome and I suggest everyone get microbiome testing, it is the future of medicine. The Microbiome is extremely resilient, antibiotics can whip out healthy and harmful bacteria but they usually come back depending. But probiotics also only has a temporary change for it. The trick is adding on a consistent basis as much different fibers as possible. It?s not about quantity but variety. Also natural ferments, like sauerkraut, Kefir, Kombuchas, Natto, ect?
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

John21

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2022, 04:03:24 AM »
Interesting. It has been a year or so since I had the success and it now seems to have repeated. I once again had some minor POIS so I again tried supplements - glutamine, mastic gum and probiotics. And once again it worked. I am now doubting whether mastic gum plays any part. It may be that in my case probiotics are enough to correct an imbalance. Also of note, it seems that my mood has improved after starting the probiotics. I find this amazing and want to learn more about how to improve the gut health. The probiotic I have been taking says to take one a day but I have been taking one in the AM and one in the PM. Maybe the glutamine is helping out as well.  I know others have not been helped by this type of treatment and that sucks, but it does indeed seem that my POIS is related to the gut as I have also previously benefited from things like taurine and pepto bismol. I am also wondering if gut disbyosis could be responsible for my longstanding insomnia.

Interesting article on taurine. Maybe I'll try adding taurine to what I am currently taking. 

I remember that dandelion has helped me in the past for mental wellness (but didn't help POIS). If I understand what I have read today bitter herbs like that can help the liver produce bile which can fight invaders.  Perhaps I'll try a bitter herbs supplement.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:58:11 AM by John21 »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »
Interesting. It has been a year or so since I had the success and it now seems to have repeated. I once again had some minor POIS so I again tried supplements - glutamine, mastic gum and probiotics. And once again it worked. I am now doubting whether mastic gum plays any part. It may be that in my case probiotics are enough to correct an imbalance. Also of note, it seems that my mood has improved after starting the probiotics. I find this amazing and want to learn more about how to improve the gut health. The probiotic I have been taking says to take one a day but I have been taking one in the AM and one in the PM. Maybe the glutamine is helping out as well.  I know others have not been helped by this type of treatment and that sucks, but it does indeed seem that my POIS is related to the gut as I have also previously benefited from things like taurine and pepto bismol. I am also wondering if gut disbyosis could be responsible for my longstanding insomnia.

Hi John,
Alot of research has been done in recent years about the different roles of gut flora, and it is far more important than we thought.  Here is an article about its importance in relation to our mood:   https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/neuroscience-in-everyday-life/201908/gut-bacteria-can-influence-your-mood-thoughts-and-brain

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Hopeoneday

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2022, 01:40:22 PM »

Interesting article on taurine. Maybe I'll try adding taurine to what I am currently taking. 

I remember that dandelion has helped me in the past for mental wellness (but didn't help POIS). If I understand what I have read today bitter herbs like that can help the liver produce bile which can fight invaders.  Perhaps I'll try a bitter herbs supplement.

Hi John, who knows, maybe l-glutamine repair yours leaky gut fast..
What brand of probiotics you taking?
Dr-pois.

John21

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2022, 05:44:58 PM »
Hi John, who knows, maybe l-glutamine repair yours leaky gut fast..
What brand of probiotics you taking?

Webber Naturals - Probiotic 30 Billion - 8 Probiotic Strains