Poll

Men! How often do you sit with your legs crossed during normal days (at work, watching TV/computers etc)

Crossing is my most common position
6 (35.3%)
I use to shift between crossing and not crossing
6 (35.3%)
Mostly not crossing, but it happens every day at some extent
1 (5.9%)
Not very often
1 (5.9%)
Almost never
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Are you a man-spreader or leg-crosser?  (Read 3755 times)

BoneBroth

Are you a man-spreader or leg-crosser?
« on: February 27, 2021, 05:04:08 AM »
Have you ever thought about why your balls are outside the body when every other organ is not? Well they want to be cool and feel free man! When you sit with your legs crossed all day the testicles might not do their job properly, and their job is to produce testosterone. Dr. Stephannie Walker, an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Wake Forest University, claims the way we sit may effect a lot more than we think: "I've seen studies where, when a person's posture was manipulated, the person's feelings and behaviors changed along with their hormone levels. Participants saw an increase in testosterone and a decrease in cortisol, which is linked to stress.". There are also studies showing that man-spread increases our preception of masculinity (with may affect the production of testosterone).

I'm a frequent leg crosser, and when thinking about it, thats how I can sit at the computer for hours! I have to change that.

Sources:
Revealed: The scientific explanation behind 'manspreading'
I man-spreaded everywhere for a week and I?ve never felt more confident
The contribution of bodily posture to gender stereotypical impressions

Iwillbeatthis

Re: Are you a man-spreader or leg-crosser?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 05:43:44 AM »
Yeah I also find leg crossing my most frequent position but I realised a few months ago it's not healthy so I try my hardest to sit uncrossed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:56:56 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

BoneBroth

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 06:24:50 AM »
It's more difficult to change that behavour than I thought. I just cought myself crossing as I read your poste here, hahaha. Have you noticed any improvements during the man-spreading last months?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 06:50:31 AM »
I don't know as I've been doing a lot other things on top of that but for sure crossing your legs will have a negative effect on your circulation, it will tighten up your muscles and mess up your posture which will all negatively affect your nervous system. I do think that I've noticed crossing legs can make my brain fog worse sometimes.

One thing where I do feel instantly a lot better from is stretches for anterior pelvic tilt in the inner quadricep/groin area.

BoneBroth

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 07:01:29 AM »
Can't see that position in my mind. Do you have a link to the movement on youtube perhaps?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 07:19:03 AM »
https://youtu.be/tp8KPPffIJw?t=220 It's this stretch in particular: assisted quad PNF, it can clear brain fog for me at times where no supplement is giving any relief. This specific area is very tight, I haven't got this same feeling from any other stretch or yoga pose before. It is important to do all the exercises like the lower abdominal strengthening at the end or the area will just get even tighter if you only do the one stretch.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:31:47 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

BoneBroth

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
Cool, ill try it!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 11:47:25 AM »
I've found ridiculous relief from lower back pain I've had for many years after using this product. I used to not be able to stretch my lower back or even sleep with a pillow or I'd end up in pain. This was caused from injury during basketball combined with cracking my back after lifting a couch which left me unable to walk for 2 days. Not saying this will work for pois symptoms nor everyone but it has definitely improved my well being overall which one could argue as an improvement in pois symptoms. I use a pillow every night now, can stretch on this stretcher and find myself to be in significantly less pain overall.

https://www.amazon.com/Precor-240i-Commercial-Series-StretchTrainer/dp/B0029KL3S2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=precor+stretching+machine&qid=1614444291&sprefix=precor+stretching&sr=8-3

Luckily I'm only "borrowing" it from a relative. Is a tad bit costly.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:06:19 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 11:58:31 AM »
I've found ridiculous relief from lower back pain I've had for many years after using this product.

Added https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3551.msg37338#msg37338