Author Topic: What could have stopped my POIS when I had neck cold?  (Read 4033 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
What could have stopped my POIS when I had neck cold?
« on: November 03, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
When I had neck cold/mucus/compulsive cough POIS disappeared during that time O didn't give symptoms I had 3 O including 1 nightfall in total so idk if doing more would still have meant 0POIS but I do know that I had alot less symptoms brainfog and the weird mental slowness also disappeared I felt same way postO as before whereas every other time except that one only occasion even 1 O makes me feel worse than 3 Os during POIS absent time did even if I have abstained alot before. I wanna understand if it was something more physical or immune or biochemical or what that caused it to disappear?

If someone has had similar experience or knows what might be potential reason that during this one only time in my life being ill turned off POIS I don't recall it being so when I was ill other times that's 1st and only occasion so far I recall POIS being absent while I was ill.

I felt more sensitivity in specific area in lower middle dick area as if something had "opened up" as if bloodflow was going through more parts in dick than usual and I felt pleasure within deeper parts of dick too whereas other times which is when I have POIS after O I feel sensations more at the outter area but not within that deep specific area I felt it when I had O so it's possible something might've physically changed within nerves/muscles/vessels/etc. in dick perhaps causing different kind of O and postO response but idk what exactly it is I recall feeling sensitivity in that specific dick deep area that I never have any other time I feel as it may have to do something with it.

Please if you have any ideas tell them.

Aladin

Re: What could have stopped my POIS when I had neck cold?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »
i dient read the details, but maybe you should read the thread
Russian Poiscenter
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »

For Journey’s Russian to English translation:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2930.msg37332#msg37332

Translated with Google Translate from Maxwell of Russian POISCenter

This graphic goes with the Maxwell post above.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:04:19 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »
Aladin, hope you don’t mind my adding the edit to your post, just trying to make it easier for forum members to find.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 04:02:40 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 05:09:06 PM »
i dient read the details, but maybe you should read the thread
Russian Poiscenter
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »

For Journey’s Russian to English translation:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2930.msg37332#msg37332

Translated with Google Translate from Maxwell of Russian POISCenter

This graphic goes with the Maxwell post above.

By neck cold I mean getting like ache/common cold/neck scraping/mucus after having been out in winter without enough cover on the neck area not applying cold to neck.

Danmh

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 01:59:33 AM »
Hi Journey

I have an idea - maybe it?s because you had a stuffy nose, and POIS is triggered by breathing in (maybe only through the nose) the steam/vapor of semen?

As I?ve described in a previous post, I often experience O without triggering POIS - but I don?t know why, and I can?t get it to work  consistently (and I honestly don?t know if my behaviour has any effect on the outcome or if it is completely random) . My latest thesis was that POIS triggered (in my case at least) due to semen coming in direct contact with my hands, but after using gloves a few times and being very careful, I seem to have proven that thesis wrong.

I just triggered POIS yesterday, but in a few days when I?ll be able to tell if POIS kicks in anew, I?ll try O?ing with a facemask on and see what happens.

All the best
Daniel

BoneBroth

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 05:05:39 AM »
Interesting! Member Berlin1994 sais that POIS "Improves after taking a strong coffee and hot/cold(alternating) shower. Feels like pain is being flushed away." and I think that other members also are getting effects by cold showers on their neck area after orgasm. Well, when the blood vessels are exposed to cold they are constricting and when they are constricting they are probably not leaking so many substances into the tissues, including pro-inflammatory prostaglandins. So if that happens in the right window where the inflammation is started, the POIS might not get a grip of you.

There are also studies showing that more cortisol are beeing releases in cold temperture; In this study authors conclude that " cortisol levels in cases of hypothermia were three times higher than those in other causes of death" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7028257/). Also, coffee, or rather coffein, increasing cortisol, vasoconstriction and reduce blood flow. So thats why some members reduce symptoms by having a cup of coffee after orgasm. However, coffee is also decreasing testosterone in the long run (only one cup of coffee significantly lowers the testosterone during 24 hours). Maybe because it stimulates cortisol and cortisol steals building blocks for testosterone (cortisol is always the priority 1 hormone). Conclusion: Cold temeparture, cold showers and coffee might work wonders when taken in the correct window after orgasm, but other than that, I believe it is very contraproductive to POIS.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 05:24:38 AM »
Interesting! Member Berlin1994 sais that POIS "Improves after taking a strong coffee and hot/cold(alternating) shower. Feels like pain is being flushed away." and I think that other members also are getting effects by cold showers on their neck area after orgasm. Well, when the blood vessels are exposed to cold they are constricting and when they are constricting they are probably not leaking so many substances into the tissues, including pro-inflammatory prostaglandins. So if that happens in the right window where the inflammation is started, the POIS might not get a grip of you.

There are also studies showing that more cortisol are beeing releases in cold temperture; In this study authors conclude that " cortisol levels in cases of hypothermia were three times higher than those in other causes of death" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7028257/). Also, coffee, or rather coffein, increasing cortisol, vasoconstriction and reduce blood flow. So thats why some members reduce symptoms by having a cup of coffee after orgasm. However, coffee is also decreasing testosterone in the long run (only one cup of coffee significantly lowers the testosterone during 24 hours). Maybe because it stimulates cortisol and cortisol steals building blocks for testosterone (cortisol is always the priority 1 hormone). Conclusion: Cold temeparture, cold showers and coffee might work wonders when taken in the correct window after orgasm, but other than that, I believe it is very contraproductive to POIS.
I mean having neck ache/mucus/compulsive cough being ill due to having had been outside with less neck cover not that POIS disappeared WHILE being exposed to cold but while being sick.

BoneBroth

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 05:52:37 AM »
Ok, how cold was the temperature when you were out? A common cold also increases cortisol and cause vasoconsriction. In fact you can prevent a cold or flu with cortisol supplements.

"Stress on the body can come in several different forms. Stress can be caused by either a physical stressor (i.e. the seasonal cold or flu) or an emotional stressor (i.e. work or social stress) however both may cause an increase in blood pressure. Specifically speaking, when we are sick with an infection or a fever, our body?s immune response and the amount of inflammation present in the body is much greater at that time, this likely will lead to an increase in blood pressure that returns to normal once that sickness or inflammation has been resolved."
https://www.healthcentral.com/article/does-blood-pressure-go-when-sick-does-go-back-down-when-no-longer-sick

"Blood pressure generally is higher in the winter and lower in the summer. That's because low temperatures cause your blood vessels to narrow ? which increases blood pressure because more pressure is needed to force blood through your narrowed veins and arteries."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/expert-answers/blood-pressure/faq-20058250
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:57:21 AM by BoneBroth »

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 06:10:33 AM »
Ok, how cold was the temperature when you were out? A common cold also increases cortisol and cause vasoconsriction. In fact you can prevent a cold or flu with cortisol supplements.

"Stress on the body can come in several different forms. Stress can be caused by either a physical stressor (i.e. the seasonal cold or flu) or an emotional stressor (i.e. work or social stress) however both may cause an increase in blood pressure. Specifically speaking, when we are sick with an infection or a fever, our body?s immune response and the amount of inflammation present in the body is much greater at that time, this likely will lead to an increase in blood pressure that returns to normal once that sickness or inflammation has been resolved."
https://www.healthcentral.com/article/does-blood-pressure-go-when-sick-does-go-back-down-when-no-longer-sick

"Blood pressure generally is higher in the winter and lower in the summer. That's because low temperatures cause your blood vessels to narrow ? which increases blood pressure because more pressure is needed to force blood through your narrowed veins and arteries."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/expert-answers/blood-pressure/faq-20058250
I still had it absent even when inside as I couldn't go out after getting neck ache obviously so it was sickness itself turning off POIS imo as I haven't had any time POIS change just by being in cold temperatures atleast not as strongly as being sick made.

Investigator

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 04:34:27 AM »
I'll try O'ing with a facemask on and see what happens.

If you want to avoid contact with sperm, using a condom for masturbation is a possibility (and may be easier than wearing a mask or using gloves). I masturbate with a condom regularly, for several reasons:

1) I've also hypothesized some time ago that reducing  further contact with sperm as much as possible could be beneficial (so, for example, I avoid having sperm spread on my belly),

2) I have very strong PE and when I put a condom, the lubrication makes my PE even worse and sometimes when I am with a woman, I cam right when I put on the condom, before I have the chance to penetrate. To this end, I "train" with a condom so I am more used to it and prepared for next time I have the opportunity.

Danmh

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 03:57:29 PM »

If you want to avoid contact with sperm, using a condom for masturbation is a possibility (and may be easier than wearing a mask or using gloves). I masturbate with a condom regularly, for several reasons:

1) I've also hypothesized some time ago that reducing  further contact with sperm as much as possible could be beneficial (so, for example, I avoid having sperm spread on my belly),

2) I have very strong PE and when I put a condom, the lubrication makes my PE even worse and sometimes when I am with a woman, I cam right when I put on the condom, before I have the chance to penetrate. To this end, I "train" with a condom so I am more used to it and prepared for next time I have the opportunity.
Thanks for the input. I seem to have arrived at the conclusion that any contact between sperm and my skin (hands, feet, outside of penis) seems to trigger POIS in my case. It doesn't trigger, when it's in contact with the part of my penis that is normally covered with foreskin. So it seems I might be able to avoid it by being extremely careful when masturbating, but doing it in a condom might be risky, because the sperm can creep up and get into contact with the 'outside' of my penis.

Does that make any sense to you, Investigator?

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »

Thanks for the input. I seem to have arrived at the conclusion that any contact between sperm and my skin (hands, feet, outside of penis) seems to trigger POIS in my case. It doesn't trigger, when it's in contact with the part of my penis that is normally covered with foreskin. So it seems I might be able to avoid it by being extremely careful when masturbating, but doing it in a condom might be risky, because the sperm can creep up and get into contact with the 'outside' of my penis.

So only with the contact with glans POIS doesn't occur and once the contact with any other parts of the body occurs POIS appears have you made your POIS not appear at all as long as you abide by this and once that happens without POIS does it also clean out symptoms from previous POIS episodes or just don't trigger new ones?

Danmh

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 03:32:01 AM »

So only with the contact with glans POIS doesn't occur and once the contact with any other parts of the body occurs POIS appears have you made your POIS not appear at all as long as you abide by this and once that happens without POIS does it also clean out symptoms from previous POIS episodes or just don't trigger new ones?

Yes to the first question: It seems that I can indeed avoid triggering POIS by not letting the semen getting into contact with any other part of my body than the gland and the part of my penis that is usually covered by foreskin. It is, however, very hard to do completely consistently, because I have to clean my penis after orgasm. So I am using gloves, but it can still happen that something gets on my gloves and then from the gloves to another part of my body.

As for your second question it does not clean out existing symptoms, it merely prevents new symptoms from triggering.

With all this said, I am of course not a hundred percent sure about my theory, so any input and similar (or non-similar) experiences are very welcome!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:46:51 AM by danielmh »