Author Topic: Cromolyn Sodium is expensive. Worth it?  (Read 906 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Cromolyn Sodium is expensive. Worth it?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 12:56:25 PM »
The powder/gel form is meant to lubricate as much surface area of the GI tract as possible for food reactions yes. I don't expect anything from the stuff though, but it's on my list for a while now and saw it recently being available in Germany for my country. I will experiment with both anyway, the capsule alone and dissolve it into water if I'm able to open it up.   

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 01:06:16 PM »
if I'm able to open it up.

As I said, in the leaflet it is explicitely recommended that you can open it up.

(I sometimes do this to get uridine sublingual instead of taking the capsule, can save quite some money...)

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Yet another person whose POIS has been improved with a mast cell inhibitor which in this case is a liquid from of the Cromolyn a.k.a. the Cromolynic acid

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/n3ciys/what_should_i_do/gwrfk1o?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 09:22:09 AM »
I'm also taking it (two capsules in morning = 200 mg Natriumcromoglicat) in morning on empty stomach for many weeks now. Maybe it's too little. Can you ask the person on Reddit what his dosage is? And what other things he does?

Might help a bit with flushed face in afternoons, but I don't think it changes much for POIS.

I'm more in the chronic infections / gut bacteria corner of POIS I guess, less in the mast cell corner (if those corners even exist... but orgasms and body is so complex, there is many angles to tackle. I still think one needs a combination of pre-pack, post-pack, chronic things to take, chronic life style changes to make)