Author Topic: My POIS was caused by MCAS  (Read 3343 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: My POIS was caused by MCAS
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
I decided to order nasal cromolyn sodium for my food "allergies" and perceived overactive immune system.

The oral form is used for food sensitivities/triggers. Dosage: 100 - 200 mg, two to four times a day 30 min before a meal. This has to be build up slowly (don't start with minimal dose but build up towards it and go from there) and need to be taken for at least 4 weeks. The minimal dosage is 100 mg*2 = 200 mg/day. Max dosage would be 200 mg*4 = 800 mg/day.

Nebulized form for nasal/sinus problems: 20 mg, two to four times a day. Ref
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:04:37 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
"...while stimulation of brain and nasal MC leads to activation of the hypothalamic‐pituitary‐adrenal (HPA ) axis." Ref

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 10:03:12 AM »
Hi Itsmel,
I am glad that you have found relief for your POIS symptoms

It's been over 4 months now that you shared your great results with oral cromolyn sodium.   Do you still have the same great results?   Have you been able to continue buying oral cromolyn sodium ?
If you are still POIS-free, it would be interesting to had you in my POIS Types Chart, so, let me know.

I have never tried oral cromolyn sodium ( not available in Canada), but I still take quercetin quite often, and I take Vitamin C daily, because it helps eliminate histamine surplus ( by being a cofactor of DAO, among other things).  I had no allergy symptoms, this spring, thanks to my overall healthy habits, but also thanks to quercetin and vitamin C.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Legendary_animal

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 07:33:06 AM »
Hi Itsmel,
I am glad that you have found relief for your POIS symptoms

It's been over 4 months now that you shared your great results with oral cromolyn sodium.   Do you still have the same great results?   Have you been able to continue buying oral cromolyn sodium ?
If you are still POIS-free, it would be interesting to had you in my POIS Types Chart, so, let me know.

I have never tried oral cromolyn sodium ( not available in Canada), but I still take quercetin quite often, and I take Vitamin C daily, because it helps eliminate histamine surplus ( by being a cofactor of DAO, among other things).  I had no allergy symptoms, this spring, thanks to my overall healthy habits, but also thanks to quercetin and vitamin C.

Also can you or somebody paste the link to the post of his POIS symptoms? I am new to this forum and can't really find it. My symptoms are all cognitive and noting physical. Although I have Sinusitis and catch cold and allergy very easily, with weather change or dust, pollen grains, etc

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 12:17:49 PM »

Also can you or somebody paste the link to the post of his POIS symptoms? I am new to this forum and can't really find it. My symptoms are all cognitive and noting physical. Although I have Sinusitis and catch cold and allergy very easily, with weather change or dust, pollen grains, etc

His symptoms are in the first post in this thread.

drop247

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 02:44:12 PM »
Oral Sodium Cromolyn is available in Canada. Shopper's Drug mart pharmacy was able to get it for me and so can Guardian. With prescription. Without private insurance I doubt you'd like to pay for it though. I understand it's very expensive.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
Here's a interesting video with somebody who took sodium cromolyn for a couple of months to help her Mast Cell Activation Disorder. She describes the effects in detail. For her at least, the side-effects seem a bit brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISoPurCZ1AA