Author Topic: Admin Corner  (Read 7947 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Admin Corner
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2021, 09:27:07 AM »
I just texted the Suicide Prevention Hotline (by texting Hello to 741741) to test their system. They also offered me this description to post @ POISCenter:

"We are a support line for all ages, providing free, 24/7 crisis support through SMS text messaging. Learn more at:

For more texting info:
https://bit.ly/CTLfaq_ref

For telephone chat:

For list Of International Suicide Hotlines:
http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:27:05 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
I’m writing this from the hospital. Admitted to ER last night for “observation for ‘dizziness’ “, hope to be released soon.

The strange thing: my current POIS is…gone!!

Maybe the stress? I recently participated in a brief discussion here at the forum about this, in which “high anxiety” can somehow - - sometimes - - cancel out POIS symptoms!?!

Thanks, everyone, for being here. You’ve all kept me going in 2 very serious operations in the past: open heart 5-way bypass, and severe diverticulitis attack
:) :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:24:47 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
Ouch. Please get well and out of there... !

:o

EDIT: btw, this post is locked so only admins/moderators can post here...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »
:) Many thanks, Berlin!! :)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »
I wish you a quick recovery, Demo !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »

I wish you a quick recovery, Demo !

Quantum:

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »

Ouch. Please get well and out of [the hospital]... !

:o

Berlin, I’m out! (Discharged)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:23:51 AM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2021, 05:45:14 PM »
Wow! Scary stuff! We're all glad your ok!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2021, 11:20:57 PM »

Wow! Scary stuff! We're all glad your ok!

Yes. It was scary stuff!

Limejuice, and
everyone who
wished me well:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:28:55 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2021, 01:11:29 PM »

Click here
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Please bookmark this. You’ll thank us :) I always start here to find out what’s going on at the Forum!

https://tinyurl.com/yy97dfue

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2021, 07:27:02 PM »
EDITED

A little bit of POISCenter.com Forum History:

Much of this - - and more! - - has also been discussed by Quantum:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3781.0

Limejuice, your Forum Contributions have been greatly appreciated. Since the Civil War years!

All the very best,
Demo

Everyone: b_jim has been posting here since 2007! He & I started posting here at the same time.

hurray and I have been here at this forum since the Dawn of Civilization ;D

To clarify the above posting about
Global Moderator Limejuice, and Forum Members  b_jim and hurray: POISCenter.com began around 2011, with a runaway group of moderators (including me) and all key forum members - - from the
Naked Science Forum(NSF)/POIS thread - - which
began in 2007

• POIS Forums Oldtimers Reunion Thread (back to NSF days):

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2892.0

We broke away from NSF because they would not permit fundraising for our POIS Research Study.

• POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.0

But the continuity from NSF/POIS to POISCenter.com is there and it was a smooth, seamless transition. You can still see and search many (20,000 NSF/POIS posts!) valuable postings there:

• NSF-Naked Science Forum/POIS:
https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:08:32 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2021, 11:56:24 PM »