Author Topic: Admin Corner  (Read 19059 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Admin Corner
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
I’m writing this from the hospital. Admitted to ER last night for “observation for ‘dizziness’ “, hope to be released soon.

The strange thing: my current POIS is…gone!!

Maybe the stress? I recently participated in a brief discussion here at the forum about this, in which “high anxiety” can somehow - - sometimes - - cancel out POIS symptoms!?!

Thanks, everyone, for being here. You’ve all kept me going in 2 very serious operations in the past: open heart 5-way bypass, and severe diverticulitis attack
:) :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:24:47 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
Ouch. Please get well and out of there... !

:o

EDIT: btw, this post is locked so only admins/moderators can post here...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »
:) Many thanks, Berlin!! :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »
I wish you a quick recovery, Demo !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »

I wish you a quick recovery, Demo !

Quantum:

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »

Ouch. Please get well and out of [the hospital]... !

:o

Berlin, I’m out! (Discharged)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:23:51 AM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2021, 05:45:14 PM »
Wow! Scary stuff! We're all glad your ok!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2021, 11:20:57 PM »

Wow! Scary stuff! We're all glad your ok!

Yes. It was scary stuff!

Limejuice, and
everyone who
wished me well:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:28:55 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 11:56:24 PM »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
Thank you Demo!

Wishing you and everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Merry everything & happy always.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
Thank you Demo!

Wishing you and everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Merry everything & happy always.

:) :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 08:36:54 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 04:19:03 AM »
Friendly reminder of a forum rule worth repeating (you may have seen some admin/moderator posting edits recently for this).

Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice

POISCenter is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always consult your physician and do not rely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health. The content in POISCenter is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. Similarly, do not use POISCenter to give medical advice. You may share information about your experiences, but do not play the role of health professional.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 11:15:56 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2022, 10:15:59 PM »
From Admin Quantum

We have hit 1,300+ POISCenter Forum members now !

Thank you, Quantum!!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 11:24:25 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2022, 03:57:17 PM »
Unfortunately, some of us have needed this message from time to time. This is being posted because none of the admins/mods here are really trained to respond to this level of POIS despondency.

I texted the Suicide Prevention Hotline
(by texting Hello to 741741) to test their system.

It works well.

They also offered me this description to post @ POISCenter:

"We are a support line for all ages, providing free, 24/7 crisis support through text messaging. Learn more at:

For more texting info:
https://bit.ly/CTLfaq_ref

For telephone chat:
Click here:

For list Of International Suicide Hotlines:
http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:32:34 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2022, 07:16:38 AM »

Click here
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Please bookmark this. You’ll thank us :)

I always start here to find out what’s going on at the Forum!

https://tinyurl.com/yy97dfue

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2022, 12:33:09 AM »

Unfortunately, some of us have needed this message from time to time. This is being posted because none of the admins/mods here are really trained to respond to this level of POIS despondency.

I texted the Suicide Prevention Hotline
(by texting Hello to 741741) to test their system.

It works well.

They also offered me this description to post @ POISCenter:

"We are a support line for all ages, providing free, 24/7 crisis support through text messaging. Learn more at:

For more texting info:
https://bit.ly/CTLfaq_ref

For telephone chat:
Click here:

For list Of International Suicide Hotlines:
http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2022, 07:00:55 PM »

Click here
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Please bookmark this. You’ll thank us :)

I always start here to find out what’s going on at the Forum!

https://tinyurl.com/yy97dfue

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »

For those of you who haven’t seen this…

From Admin Quantum

We have hit 1,300+ POISCenter Forum members now !

Thank you, Quantum!!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 01:25:34 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2022, 11:35:41 PM »

EDITED

A little bit of POISCenter.com Forum History:

Much of this - - and more! - - has also been discussed by Quantum:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3781.0

Limejuice, your Forum Contributions have been greatly appreciated. Since the Civil War years!

All the very best,
Demo

Everyone: b_jim has been posting here since 2007! He & I started posting here at the same time.

hurray and I have been here at this forum since the Dawn of Civilization ;D

To clarify the above posting about
Global Moderator Limejuice, and Forum Members  b_jim and hurray: POISCenter.com began around 2011, with a runaway group of moderators (including me) and all key forum members - - from the
Naked Science Forum(NSF)/POIS thread - - which
began in 2007

• POIS Forums Oldtimers Reunion Thread (back to NSF days):

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2892.0

We broke away from NSF because they would not permit fundraising for our POIS Research Study.

• POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.0

But the continuity from NSF/POIS to POISCenter.com is there and it was a smooth, seamless transition. You can still see and search many (20,000 NSF/POIS posts!) valuable postings there:

• NSF-Naked Science Forum/POIS:
https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.0