Author Topic: Pepto Bismol removed symptoms completely  (Read 25567 times)

John21

Re: Pepto Bismol removed symptoms completely
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2020, 05:34:43 PM »
Had another trial of PB, this time didn't go so well. It seems like the mental disruption is diminished but not eliminated. I wonder if it is because I took it on a full stomach, or that I didn't wait long enough (app 45 min). Or that it wasn't the PB at all in the first place ???

CharlesB

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »
Cross posting a comment about Cox-2 pathways (pepto inhibits these), and other possibly more natural ways to inhibit the same pathway for relief (I?m going to try Devil?s Claw and/or white willow bark).  Hoping the Cox-2 pathway is a clue to figuring out the cause as well.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg35753#msg35753

CharlesB

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
Had another trial of PB, this time didn't go so well. It seems like the mental disruption is diminished but not eliminated. I wonder if it is because I took it on a full stomach, or that I didn't wait long enough (app 45 min). Or that it wasn't the PB at all in the first place ???

I?ve had experiences like that as well if I don?t wait long enough, and oddly enough one time after a week of no POIS symptoms - it seems to have diminishing returns with continued constant use.

It?s a little frustrating because sometimes it completely removes symptoms for me, and other times it just takes the edge off (I?m confident it is the pepto giving relief because I?ve done many trial and error tests, and nothing else helps even slightly).

drop247

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 06:52:15 PM »
Why don't you just take some more after O and see if that improves things?

John21

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2020, 04:02:28 AM »
Why don't you just take some more after O and see if that improves things?

That might work but I suspect that it won't. Like when the horse has already left the barn, barring the barn door might not help.

John21

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2020, 04:23:45 AM »
I have had a few successful more trials with pink bismuth. I consumed an adult dose an hour before and also another dose a few hours after for good measure. Zero symptoms each time, it is working.  :)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2020, 12:00:40 PM »
I have had a few successful more trials with pink bismuth. I consumed an adult dose an hour before and also another dose a few hours after for good measure. Zero symptoms each time, it is working.  :)

Amazing, John!

You’re certainly no newcomer, you were the very first POIS online poster.

Here. In 2007!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

CharlesB

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2020, 05:20:30 PM »

That?s awesome!  Great to hear.

drop247

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2020, 08:16:27 PM »
I tried Pepto Bismol Extra Strength. I took an adult dosage 90 minutes before O, 30 minutes before O, and 30 minutes after O. I'd say it reduced POIS significantly. I had almost no physical symptoms which for me is usually aches and pains. I did notice some very minor back muscle tension but nothing painful. I did have some cognitive symptoms. Minor brain fog, low mood, and general bad feeling the next day. So it wasn't a complete success for sure.

I might try combining it with my usual treatment which is antihistamines and see if those knock out the cognitive problems. Perhaps some 5HTP or St John's Wort to improve mood as well.

As Berlin mentioned above it might be the Salicylic acid in the medication that is helping and not the Bismuth. It is a NSAID after all. It would be an interesting experiment to try Aspirin instead since I would think that would deliver even more Salicylic acid than the Pepto.

Nice find!

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »
I think it might be a combination :-)

PS: If anybody knows how to purchase from inside EU, please message me :-/
I'm keen to try it too.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
I tried Pepto Bismol Extra Strength. I took an adult dosage 90 minutes before O, 30 minutes before O, and 30 minutes after O. I'd say it reduced POIS significantly. I had almost no physical symptoms which for me is usually aches and pains. I did notice some very minor back muscle tension but nothing painful. I did have some cognitive symptoms. Minor brain fog, low mood, and general bad feeling the next day. So it wasn't a complete success for sure.

I might try combining it with my usual treatment which is antihistamines and see if those knock out the cognitive problems. Perhaps some 5HTP or St John's Wort to improve mood as well.

As Berlin mentioned above it might be the Salicylic acid in the medication that is helping and not the Bismuth. It is a NSAID after all. It would be an interesting experiment to try Aspirin instead since I would think that would deliver even more Salicylic acid than the Pepto.

Nice find!
It may be the salicylic part, yes, that brings some relief, it is an anti inflammatory component. The bismuth subsalicylate metobolization in the body do produce salicylic acid.

If anybody tries Aspirin ( acetylsalicylic acid), just let us know the results.   Other NSAID have been used, like diclofenac and ibuprofen, but I think Aspirin has not been tested much for POIS. 
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Igy78

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2020, 03:57:55 AM »
Will try that pepto thing, if i find it here in Croatia or Europe, will try Aspirin also, in my case Sibo/low stomach acid is culprit of POIS, what i'm doing to feel better:

1. (Daily!) 2x washing out colon with water(water enema obviously: )) following third enema with 3 drops of Oregano Oil and Grape Seed Extract  (in 300 ml water) which i keep in my colon, not flushing out till the next enema next day.
2. Trying to maintain high stomach acid with Swanson betain hlc + pepsin pills.
3. NUTRIMMUN Probiotik PROTECT in the morning.

Those 3 things are helping the most from 1000 things i tried and almost $3000 that i spent in these 3 years of suffering. I even get to state where i was thinking, where are that POIS effects, where are those nasty feelings, in some moments i was feeling really good, not irritable, not feeling angry, not so self criticizing, free of anxiety, brain fog and other POIS symptoms.

And as soon as i stop taking betain pills (currently stores are out of stock) i get my symptoms back, not so strong effects because enema helps a lot, but they are back.

Oregano Oil and GSE is preventing spreading of bad bacteria in the gut (+ helping liver a lot), and high stomach acid is preventing that undigested food come to the gut and prevents food to ferment in the gut. High stomach acid also kills any bacteria in the gut.

What i think it is happening after ejaculation that when we ejaculate, enormous amount of zinc is depleted, zinc is needed for building strong stomach acid and without zinc we get no high stomach acid and undigested food/pathogens/bacteria is going to the gut and making POIS effects, so absorption of zinc from food is disturbed due to low stomach acid, never ending cycle. Disturbed absorption of zinc is due to heavy toxicity, in my case mercury. I do not know or think of any other reason why metabolism of zinc is disturbed. Bacteria in stomach tend to lower stomach acid so they can multiply. What is weird that i did 3 test of H pylori and no h pylori was found, maybe some other nasty bacteria is doing problems. That's why when we stay longer and longer from ejaculation we are feeling better. Body builds up zinc. (Probably).

"Short-term outcomes of increased pH and decreased acid secretion support zinc's potential use in treatment regimens for gastroesophageal reflux disease. For decades, zinc deficiency has been known to increase gastric mucosal cell apoptosis"

What is funny that not one Zinc suplement did help, but large amount of red meat is helping. Not sure because of zinc in there or antibiotics in meat.

So i read here and on net that pepto bismol is antacid, so it lower stomach acid so how in the hell that can help :), but will try it as soon as i find it.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 04:25:31 AM by Igy78 »

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2020, 06:22:44 AM »
Will try that pepto thing, if i find it here in Croatia or Europe, will try Aspirin also, in my case Sibo/low stomach acid is culprit of POIS, what i'm doing to feel better:

1. (Daily!) 2x washing out colon with water(water enema obviously: )) following third enema with 3 drops of Oregano Oil and Grape Seed Extract  (in 300 ml water) which i keep in my colon, not flushing out till the next enema next day.
2. Trying to maintain high stomach acid with Swanson betain hlc + pepsin pills.
3. NUTRIMMUN Probiotik PROTECT in the morning.

Those 3 things are helping the most from 1000 things i tried and almost $3000 that i spent in these 3 years of suffering. I even get to state where i was thinking, where are that POIS effects, where are those nasty feelings, in some moments i was feeling really good, not irritable, not feeling angry, not so self criticizing, free of anxiety, brain fog and other POIS symptoms.

And as soon as i stop taking betain pills (currently stores are out of stock) i get my symptoms back, not so strong effects because enema helps a lot, but they are back.

Oregano Oil and GSE is preventing spreading of bad bacteria in the gut (+ helping liver a lot), and high stomach acid is preventing that undigested food come to the gut and prevents food to ferment in the gut. High stomach acid also kills any bacteria in the gut.

What i think it is happening after ejaculation that when we ejaculate, enormous amount of zinc is depleted, zinc is needed for building strong stomach acid and without zinc we get no high stomach acid and undigested food/pathogens/bacteria is going to the gut and making POIS effects, so absorption of zinc from food is disturbed due to low stomach acid, never ending cycle. Disturbed absorption of zinc is due to heavy toxicity, in my case mercury. I do not know or think of any other reason why metabolism of zinc is disturbed. Bacteria in stomach tend to lower stomach acid so they can multiply. What is weird that i did 3 test of H pylori and no h pylori was found, maybe some other nasty bacteria is doing problems. That's why when we stay longer and longer from ejaculation we are feeling better. Body builds up zinc. (Probably).

"Short-term outcomes of increased pH and decreased acid secretion support zinc's potential use in treatment regimens for gastroesophageal reflux disease. For decades, zinc deficiency has been known to increase gastric mucosal cell apoptosis"

What is funny that not one Zinc suplement did help, but large amount of red meat is helping. Not sure because of zinc in there or antibiotics in meat.

So i read here and on net that pepto bismol is antacid, so it lower stomach acid so how in the hell that can help :), but will try it as soon as i find it.
Had any metal exposure?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2020, 08:44:33 AM »

Choline

Meshal

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »
Really exciting stuff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Charles B!

After reading drop247 and John21's experiences I had to give it a go. I ordered the chewable ones, they should arrive in two weeks or so. Will update you with the results as soon as possible.

Vandemolen

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2020, 06:23:49 AM »
The Pepto Bismol arrived today. So you have to take it two weeks before it works?
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2020, 07:44:36 AM »
I think he said later on it works if you take it before orgasm , theres no need to take it for two weeks

CharlesB

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2020, 01:20:47 PM »
The Pepto Bismol arrived today. So you have to take it two weeks before it works?

No need to take for two weeks - that was just part of my anecdote about how I first discovered that it worked for me.  It?s probably different for everyone, but I found that if I have a dose in the morning and then one at lunch, then that afternoon I am good to go with no symptoms.  This is based on just continual trial and error.

I know someone else mentioned they were fine after just one dose and waiting an hour.

Pepto is definitely something that is not meant to be taken daily for a long period of time - so I try and keep it to once or maybe twice per week.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2020, 01:36:07 PM »
There are papers which describe adverse effects of long term bismuth intake. Just look at literature.

Vandemolen

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »

No need to take for two weeks - that was just part of my anecdote about how I first discovered that it worked for me.  It?s probably different for everyone, but I found that if I have a dose in the morning and then one at lunch, then that afternoon I am good to go with no symptoms.  This is based on just continual trial and error.

I know someone else mentioned they were fine after just one dose and waiting an hour.

Pepto is definitely something that is not meant to be taken daily for a long period of time - so I try and keep it to once or maybe twice per week.
Ok so you take 2 Pepto before your sexual activity? Or after on day 1?
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.