Author Topic: Successful hCG treatment for POIS?  (Read 15291 times)

Aladin

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:17:13 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Successful hCG treatment for POIS?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 04:59:26 PM »
Has this research already been posted on the forum?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221444201930453X?fbclid=IwAR141vgIvBqRmEQQ6ohjbqO8SrhZ16Vo2xgIKfj1dY-laV5fN3Q_yFHvT_c

Amazing, Aladin!! Sent to NORD researchers!

Andrology and fertility

”Successful treatment of
Post-orgasmic illness syndrome
with human chorionic gonadotropin”
https://tinyurl.com/t2xqwcp
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:56:19 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 06:02:07 PM »
Very interesting research Aladin!

Increasing testosterone seems to be a good way to counter the symptoms in some cases. It wouldn't hurt to eat a diet rich in testosterone or adopt some healthy lifestyles - and above all, ask your doctor about this!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/8-ways-to-boost-testosterone
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:04:08 PM by Observer »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
Thanks, Observer!

The researchers wrote back and said this small study is interesting but not definite. But they appreciated receiving it and will review some more.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Animus

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 02:09:11 AM »
Has this research already been posted on the forum?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221444201930453X?fbclid=IwAR141vgIvBqRmEQQ6ohjbqO8SrhZ16Vo2xgIKfj1dY-laV5fN3Q_yFHvT_c

this is a great find!... where did you find it?
thanks for keeping an eye out.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 03:04:22 PM »
Thanks, Animus, good question!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
Feel free to post your own
thoughts, experiences, and theories.

Scientific papers are not necessary.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:13:31 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 07:09:28 PM »
Very interesting research Aladin!

Increasing testosterone seems to be a good way to counter the symptoms in some cases. It wouldn't hurt to eat a diet rich in testosterone or adopt some healthy lifestyles - and above all, ask your doctor about this!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/8-ways-to-boost-testosterone

Several of us, including myself, but not EVERYONE, have benefited from testosterone treatment for POIS
https://tinyurl.com/spvu8u6
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:11:11 PM by demografx »

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 05:26:59 AM »
Hi, my testosterone levels are:

1. Total : 593,36 ng/dl range 280 - 1100
2. Free T 19,64 pg/ml range 4,5 - 42

Was this range just bad, or is my free T considered low?

Aladin

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »
As a reply on how i found it: i'm member of 2 POIS-facebook groups.

I'm always amazed about the fact some people seem to be on the forum but not in the fb-groups and the other way around. In the FB-group, the NORD research was a big surprise to a lot of the members...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »

Aladin, our research is meant for ALL POISers! Please feel free to let FBers know of our activities!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »
Hi, my testosterone levels are:

1. Total : 593,36 ng/dl range 280 - 1100
2. Free T 19,64 pg/ml range 4,5 - 42

Was this range just bad, or is my free T considered low?

One way to find out is to ask your MD for a testosterone prescription. If he gives it you, then your Free T is low...enough!

Filling it might be expensive, but you could stop there and not fill it :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 10:10:08 PM »
Correspondence between “Pyropeach” (very early forum Thought Leader) & me.

Today

Hi Demo,

Just saw the latest published paper entitled: Successful treatment of POIS with human chronic gonadotropin.  Demo, this is beyond amazing.  The description of the symptoms are nearly an exact match to my own. I’ve recently been taking Maca supplements that claim to boost T levels, and it has been working moderately well for the past few months. Also discovered there is a small cyst on my pituitary gland, which produces hCG mentioned in the paper.   Sorry for rambling, I’m just excited that this may really be the cure. 

Is there anyway I could try this treatment? How did you convince your doctor to administer T?

Hope you’re well with all the corona going around.

-Pyro

Btw - how are things at the old forum?

[To Pyropeach]

Great to hear from you!

My T was low, so no prob qualifying for TRT!

Can I post your letter + my reply?

ps - “old forum” meaning the current one POISCenter.com or the old/old one at naked science forum?

Demo,

My last blood test showed my T level as “normal”, so the doctors here may not give me the treatment, will have to think more how to approach this. 

Yes, by all means! You got my 100% approval to post our correspondence.  I might also mention that bodybuilding has also had a positive affect on the symptoms (I gained 40 lbs in muscle); pumping iron and lots of rare steak increases T, needless to say.

Ah yes, I mean the current one at POISCenter…time has just flown by since the naked science forum days…

-Pyro

==========

From February 14, 2020

I’m near but not that near, LA is a good 7 hour drive for me. Will definitely try to get more details about the [POIS Research] study.

Overall this is great news :)

-Pyro

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:14:15 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 05:40:28 PM »

Cross-posted from https://tinyurl.com/y7slls8c

Can’t vouch for this service (never tried it & no one recommended them to me), but sounds intriguing!

Their advertising claim: “Chat with on-call Endocrinologists in minutes, 24/7...
Unlimited chats – $5 one-week trial membership. Cancel anytime”
https://tinyurl.com/ybyo95ud

nanna1

POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 07:48:04 PM »
Thanks, nanna1

mardi

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 05:01:23 AM »
Hello guys,

I haven't written on the forum for a long time, but I have always followed it carefully. Today I am writing because I was intrigued by the study published a few months ago on HCG and its positive effects. I was in fact able to have access to that drug (injections) and I would be interested in experimenting it on me. However my testosterone is normal (my latest blood tests under public), unlike the subject of the study.

My doctor, who knows nothing about POIS, told me that testosterone levels are ok in my case, despite the fact that the prolactin is a little high. Therefore he does not recommend giving HCG injections.

I would however be willing to try. But I'm afraid I can have negative effects. So I ask you, has anyone by chance tried to make such injections? Did it have any results? Can HGC injections pose any risk?

Here my latest results:

Prolactin: 454,3 mlU/l   (98-456)
Testosteron: 4,81 ng/ml   (2,8-8)
FSH: 3,95 u/l   (1,5-12,4)
LH:  3,76mlU/ml   (1,7-8,6)
Estradiol:  26,7 pg/ml   (11,3-43,2)

Thank you all

Nas

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Hello guys,

I haven't written on the forum for a long time, but I have always followed it carefully. Today I am writing because I was intrigued by the study published a few months ago on HCG and its positive effects. I was in fact able to have access to that drug (injections) and I would be interested in experimenting it on me. However my testosterone is normal (my latest blood tests under public), unlike the subject of the study.

My doctor, who knows nothing about POIS, told me that testosterone levels are ok in my case, despite the fact that the prolactin is a little high. Therefore he does not recommend giving HCG injections.

I would however be willing to try. But I'm afraid I can have negative effects. So I ask you, has anyone by chance tried to make such injections? Did it have any results? Can HGC injections pose any risk?

Here my latest results:

Prolactin: 454,3 mlU/l   (98-456)
Testosteron: 4,81 ng/ml   (2,8-8)
FSH: 3,95 u/l   (1,5-12,4)
LH:  3,76mlU/ml   (1,7-8,6)
Estradiol:  26,7 pg/ml   (11,3-43,2)

Thank you all

Hey, Mardi.
The only instances where testosterone therapy helps is when the patient suffers from low testosterone levels. There is no literature on testosterone therapy on subjects with normal levels. Therefore, it's probably not recommended and trying testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is at your own risk.
That said, if the doctor approved TRT for your case it would be interesting to see if it has an impact on POIS.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:03:52 AM by Nas »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:34 AM »
I think TRT can help regardless of T-levels.

But it would be irresponsible for me to *recommend* this.

It’s up to the POIS patient & his doctor. But NOT through illegal means. Which I know has been attempted here. And I will not discuss that.

A POIS-compassionate doctor is the best answer.

Not easy to find.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:05:04 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »
Testosterone is anti-inflammatory:
The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Testosterone