Author Topic: Colm's 28 Month Trial with Vagus Nerve Stimulation  (Read 32583 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Colm's 28 Month Trial with Vagus Nerve Stimulation
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »
Nas, you asked a good question about his premise. I ran a research company, but I’m not a researcher myself, so I trusted these people to approve his logic:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2462.msg21005#msg21005
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
Nas, I sent you a private message.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 05:50:06 PM »
Nas, you asked a good question about his premise. I ran a research company, but I’m not a researcher myself, so I trusted these people to approve his logic:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2462.msg21005#msg21005
Well, then I want to know the logic they trusted him for? We need to understand the premise before jumping straight into therapy!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »
Nas, I explained that in my private message, which includes re-contacting our medical advisors, which we cannot do directly. I’m hoping that, in time, as the negativity subsides with time, we can get you some more answers! :)

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 07:00:59 AM »
Nas, I explained that in my private message, which includes re-contacting our medical advisors, which we cannot do directly. I’m hoping that, in time, as the negativity subsides with time, we can get you some more answers! :)
Hello Gents,

Please allow me to post further here on this topic as soon as I get to do a short update here. There are too many variables at play In POIS syndrome to become over enthuastic about tVNS being a cure.

Please let me write more later on the topic in recent discussion here.

Regards,
Colm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 07:05:44 AM by COLM_2 »
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 02:43:46 PM »

Colm:    ...this [Nervana] is an expensive device...

Demo:   Dr. Komisaruk’s is $5,000!

Hi Demo,

I think the reason for a Dr. K $5K VNS price point would as you know, just like the Feinstein institute device for arthritis, be related to those devices actually targeting specific Immune bio markers.

A General VNS stimulating device possibly just influences the nervous system and the parasympathetic nerves, in so as far as I can gather and understand.

Am open to correction as I’m not an expert.

Regards,
Colm

Colm, do you think it could be eventually worthwhile for POISCenter to raise $5,000 to experiment with a more targeted device, perhaps in tandem with what the new research team might find in the way of autonomic, endocrine and immune mediators of POIS?
Hi Demo,

Sorry for taking time to get back to this.

I think that further VNS testing with a more targeted VNS device is worth experimenting with. If an extra $5K was being raised, there is potential benefits in seeing where that is best spent, be it building upon the new NORD funded study, or else as a separate sub study. Several studies need to be evaluated and this could be one of them.

It makes most sense IMHO to be patient and see what the focus of the new study is entitled and what proposition is being focused on.

If I recall correctly, the original study that did not run its course was entitled “Is POIS a case of Vagal Dystonia”. Based on his evaluation of the forums RFP and forum outline content back then he felt Vagus nerve could be implicated.

As Dr. K was an orgasm expert and had zeroed in on the Vagus Nerve influences in POIS, it certainly makes sense not to forget the possibilities.  Dystonia however can’t easily be seen as part of all the POIS types.

One of the suggested treatments for dystonia is electrical stimulation of the auricular branch of the vagus nerve, in studies seen as being potentially effective.

Using (in a committed manner), an appropriate VNS device as a minimally invasive treatment for dystonia, could obviously help a person with Dystonia. This download here speaks about the technical aspects in using an Auricular approach to Vagus Nerve stimulation, with the condition of dystonia.

https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/j/bmte.2013.58.issue-s1-A/bmt-2013-4033/bmt-2013-4033.pdf

All the best,
Colm
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:50:01 PM by demografx »
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
Hi Colm,

Teriffic reply! I never considered that the $5,000 might possibly be better spent elsewhere.

I hope you saw my recent note about our investigators’ willingness to take the next step in obtaining *outside* funding for the next study! If that happens, raising $5,000 amongst ourselves will be more justifiable.

We could even raise tVNS fund$ from the *outside* world - - once we’ve established ourselves credibly with a scientific article in a well-known peer reviewed journal. What we’re doing now is the painful first step of a
self-funded study for a rare, unknown disorder such as ours in order to attain that outside funding credibility.

Once again, Colm, thank you greatly for continuing with a theory formulated by one of the brightest minds in scientific orgasm research!

Best,
Demo

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:09:53 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
Hi, Colm,

Are you continuing to work with VNS?

Best
Demo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:10:55 PM by demografx »

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
Hi, Colm,

Are you continuing to work with VNS?

Best
Demo
Hi Demo,

Sorry for delayed reply here. Yes, I am still continuing the use of VNS,
as a key part of my POIS preventive and recovery strategy.

I will update on the thread here if anything else meaningful is worth another short update over the coming 6 months.

Regards,
Colm

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »
Thank you, COLM, for everything you’ve done here to help the POIS-eradication effort!

You’re #1 in my book.

Best,
Demo

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
Orgasm and the vagus nerve

https://tinyurl.com/y4u8rkea
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:02:39 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »
Cross-posted from my Testosterone thread

joelawerence, thank you very much! I really appreciate that confirmation.

The extra sleep has been induced by Benadryl plus NSAIDS (Aleve), and they have side effects, too.

Plus, even if I forced extra sleep without drugs, the added grogginess is still not worth it.

So, I’m gonna try to live-with-a-little-more-POIS!

This is one reason I’m personally in favor of trying COLM_2’s non-drug Vagus Nerve Stimulation approach. After all, this POIS treatment approach was hypothesized by one of the world’s leading authorities in Orgasm Research, Dr Barry Komisaruk.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:38:48 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »
Also, COLM: I wouldn’t worry about Nervana going out of business. I still think we should consider raising $5,000 to get Dr K’s machine, and MAYBE you can use the machine and guide us to some extra POIS relief! Also, our Anonymous Donor is interested. Both for using it and for helping the fundraising effort on our behalf!

Important: The NORD Study still has top priority.

I am not suggesting in any way to divert from that. Only to possibly augment it with a continuing look into VNS. I see no harm in doing that

Demo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:26:03 PM by demografx »

pharayema

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 01:32:14 PM »
Hello,

https://www.schwa-medico.fr/tens-anti-douleur/electrostimulateur-tens-eco-2-neurostimulateur-antalgique.html

https://www.schwa-medico.fr/autres-accessoires/kit-nerf-vague-3dts-cymba-concha-tvns.html?search_query=electrode+auriculaire&results=6

I began this therapy last night and I feel a lot better.... ok, I have to say I am on a 13 week of abstinence, but I can tell you that's think is going to better my life up!! ;-)

I had 3 doctor dates in Paris, many tests and they gave me this info and prescribed me all this.

I have to test it 3 to 6 months and then we'll see if my problems are gone or maybe better livable.

But here my question: do you know what me I have to use for best results? I tested 13,5 but I don't know if this is ok.

Many thanks to all of you, I am a poser since nearly 30 years, I am 44 now...

A bientot. ;-)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 06:31:53 PM »
Bonjour pharayema :)   ( I am also French speaking)

The doctors you saw were aware of what POIS is ?   Where they from Dr Amarenco clinic at La Sorbonne ?

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 12:55:38 AM »
pharayema, welcome to our group :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 09:55:42 AM »

Dr Komisaruk’s
NEMOS tVNS device
Now sold by
tVNS Technologies GmbH
(They took over Cerbomed last year and are continuing Cerbomed’s research and scientific development of transcutaneous vagus nerve stimulation).

299,00 € one-time payment, then 79,00 € / month
incl. 19% VAT

12 month minimum contract term, cancel anytime after

COLM, I just realized that this $5,000 device is now available for RENTAL. I will ask POISCenter’s Anonymous Donor if he would like to split the monthly charge to try it out on our POIS!

You’re welcome to join us!

Best
Demo

ps - does anyone know what the € (Euro) charges above are in USD ($) ? Thanks!

pps -      Found it!

$334.21 one-time rental charge
             $88.09   monthly
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:10:57 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 10:14:38 AM »
As I mentioned to our Anonymous Donor, maybe we can work a deal: will they give us a PRICE BEAK? Or even a free trial? In exchange, we can promise to promote this (if it works) to our 800 members!

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:02:22 PM by demografx »

pharayema

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 01:31:22 PM »
Bonjour pharayema :)   ( I am also French speaking)

The doctors you saw were aware of what POIS is ?   Where they from Dr Amarenco clinic at La Sorbonne ?

Hello monsieur,

yes, they were not only aware, they know several patients that have POIS. I met Professor Amarenco twice and i'll see him again in the next months.

@Colm: can you please tell me something about the mA you use?

Merci beaucoup a vous tous. :-)

pharayema

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
pharayema, welcome to our group :)

many thanks to all your infos and patience for all of us poiser.  8) ;)