Author Topic: Tetany  (Read 2248 times)

mardi

Re: Tetany
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 04:48:23 AM »
Mardi you could try measuring magnesium in your seminal plasma as stated in the paper I have posted earlier.
[/quote]

Hey Muon, I would gladly do it, but I don't know where and how to do this analysis. I don't think my doctor would be willing to prescribe it for me. I should look for a private facility that does this.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »
A few years ago, the anguish resulting from my first big POIS crises also used to provoke such a crisis of tetany, until I get used to it and began to hear about POIS.
Strangely enough, it has also happened that spasmophilia / anxiety attacks provoked by other triggers than sex/POIS, while I was already in a POIS state, would suppress all my symptoms, as if there had been a complete reboot in my body at the end of the attack.

I have POIS for about 15 years. 4 years ago the symptoms worsened strongly, so I decided to investigate further, and after consulting several doctors and after having done several tests, I took the EMG test, three times. All three times the result was positive. Diagnosis: latent normocalcemic tetany (aka normocalcemic spasmophilia). Symptoms: fasciculations, exhaustion, brain fog, dry skin, stomach upset, red eyes, chvostek sign. The same symptoms I have after orgasm.

Hi again Mardi! I'm sorry to hear that you have been dealing with POIS for 15 years. I have fasciculations (not often), muscle pain/weakness/spasms, exhaustion, brain fog, and anxiety that would suggest I have something like spasmophilia. My calcium, magnesium, and TSH levels are good; I have tested for each one at least two times. It would be interesting for me to hear how Vit. D deficiency was possibly connected to some of ours symptoms or even something like mineral absorption.

I've been feeling very good for a long time lately, the pre-orgasm prepacks have worked beautifully. But yesterday I ate 2 sour mandarins. This was followed by symptoms such as tetany (jumping muscles, body pain) and POIS (brain fog, mood drop, anxiety). It was not so bad for a long time. I had to take prepack and calcium several times (50% improvement). Only today taking a multivitamin helped so much that now (after 30 hours) I'm 98% ok. Do you think that vitamin C in mandarins caused these symptoms? I had long suspected citrus as a symptom trigger as with POIS, but now I'm pretty sure. In addition to mandarins, I also had tofu in a sprout salad, but I suspect mandarins are the cause.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:45:07 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 07:04:21 PM »
- calcium (number one) - eliminates problems with legs pains, makes positive mood, improves mental problems, makes my voice lower, helps to regain balance disturbed by taking other supplements; not good for my stomach,of course too much calcium is not good for heart and kidneys so when I`m not in POIS I don`t take it everyday

"Calcium plays a large role in the inhibition of enzymes that produce PAF in the denovo pathway of PAF biosynthesis."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platelet-activating_factor

Caffeine
Low concentrations of caffeine raise intracellular calcium concentration only in the presence of extracellular calcium in cultured molluscan neurons
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:34:46 PM by Muon »