Author Topic: My POIS symptoms  (Read 481 times)

mardi

Re: My POIS symptoms
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 04:46:45 AM »

How 2 fix spasmophilia? Mast cells might cause it
[/quote]

Unfortunately, there is no cure for normocalcemic latent spasmophilia. it is recommended to take vitamin D and magnesium, and avoid those substances that can prevent cellular absorption (caffeine, sugar ...).
Also in this case, it would be necessary to analyze the causes of spasmophilia (kidney problems? Thyroid? Allergies?) rather than focus on treating the symptoms.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 07:15:30 AM »
However, I am convinced that there is a strong link with spasmophilia, and in particular with a neurological system disorder due to poor absorption of minerals by cells.

So why don't they investigate mineral absorption?

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 12:50:35 PM »

How 2 fix spasmophilia? Mast cells might cause it

Unfortunately, there is no cure for normocalcemic latent spasmophilia. it is recommended to take vitamin D and magnesium, and avoid those substances that can prevent cellular absorption (caffeine, sugar ...).
Also in this case, it would be necessary to analyze the causes of spasmophilia (kidney problems? Thyroid? Allergies?) rather than focus on treating the symptoms.
[/quote]
My TSH when measured is 2.2-2.4
INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019 when realized by abstaining that O/WD gives POIS, likely had it since puberty, fatigue, brainfog, clumsier, slower thinking/processing, voice volume goes down, sometimes harder to look in eyes, lower stamina/strength

mardi

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 04:52:12 AM »
However, I am convinced that there is a strong link with spasmophilia, and in particular with a neurological system disorder due to poor absorption of minerals by cells.

So why don't they investigate mineral absorption?

Well, medical research focuses on more common diseases. Unfortunately, spasmophilia is not a widespread disease.

Kit

• My POIS symptoms
My POIS symptoms
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 08:42:20 PM »
I have POIS for about 15 years. 4 years ago the symptoms worsened strongly, so I decided to investigate further, and after consulting several doctors and after having done several tests, I took the EMG test, three times. All three times the result was positive. Diagnosis: latent normocalcemic tetany (aka normocalcemic spasmophilia). Symptoms: fasciculations, exhaustion, brain fog, dry skin, stomach upset, red eyes, chvostek sign. The same symptoms I have after orgasm.

Hi again Mardi! I'm sorry to hear that you have been dealing with POIS for 15 years. I have fasciculations (not often), muscle pain/weakness/spasms, exhaustion, brain fog, and anxiety that would suggest I have something like spasmophilia. My calcium, magnesium, and TSH levels are good; I have tested for each one at least two times. It would be interesting for me to hear how Vit. D deficiency was possibly connected to some of ours symptoms or even something like mineral absorption.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:51:35 PM by Kit »