Author Topic: PSOAS Muscle !  (Read 38752 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: PSOAS Muscle !
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2020, 05:14:25 AM »
Qiao, welcome to the forum.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2020, 01:30:39 PM »
I'm a PT and Osteopath. I think this thread is spot on for a form of POIS that is caused by muscular tension...

My take: Local muscular tension ---> local stress ---> local mast cell activation ---> local MC mediators migrating to and activating/stimulating MC cells elsewhere in the body making you susceptible for other triggers and lowering existing trigger thresholds.

Mushnikk

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:11 PM »
I'm a PT and Osteopath. I think this thread is spot on for a form of POIS that is caused by muscular tension...

My take: Local muscular tension ---> local stress ---> local mast cell activation ---> local MC mediators migrating to and activating/stimulating MC cells elsewhere in the body making you susceptible for other triggers and lowering existing trigger thresholds.

How do MC mediators travel?

Qiao

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »

if so, where does that tension come from? osteopaths have their pet theory of the primary lesion, basically the first thing to go wrong, triggering a cascade of compensatory patterns through the body. if the local muscle is at the root (having pulled it bc of an accident for example), trigger pointing it or stretching it a few times should take care of the problem for good. but problems often return, so you try to fix more and more til you hopefully find the root. if it started with an accident, you stand good chances that a manual practitioner, chiro etc. can help you with soft tissue work or manipulations, 2-3 sessions tops. if it's tension you hold for psychological reasons, it will always return, and you're going to have to solve that psychological problem.

Clues

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2020, 04:39:46 AM »
Huh, that's an interesting angle! Some facts about my case that might suggest a PSOAS connection:

* POIS for 20+ years
* Chronic background stress/anxiety all of adult life
* I suspect I have had a childhood trauma (messy divorce, remember very little from childhood)
* Have had chronic pain, tension and stiffness around lower back, glutes, hamstrings and sartorius, despite leading a healthy lifestyle (except I'm sitting a lot)

Mushnikk

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »
I can also report psoas pains for a couple of years now, preceding POIS. Plus pelvic floor issues.

Aladin

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
Do any of the people contributing in this thread give us some updates?
Have the psoas exercises come up with a solution, partly as it may be?

Akaliko

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2021, 12:54:38 AM »
Hi all,

I was introduced to Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) by a naturopathic doctor and certified TRE practitioner recently.  The results (via regular practice) towards my overall well-being have been incredible.  Many physical and mental issues that I've been carrying for a long-time are starting to shift.  I'm confident that it will reduce my POIS symptoms in time.  Will keep you posted!

Clues

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2021, 05:09:52 AM »
Hi guys. My psoas is definitely tense, and has been for as long as I can remember. I while back (a year ago maybe?) I did some psoas release exercises (based on TRE) for a couple of months. Unfortunately the exercises would trigger my POIS symptoms a bit, and ultimately did not make the psoas less tense.

I might give it another try now, as I think I've made a little bit of progress on my anxiety and stress through other means (mindfulness, nutrition, Wim Hof), so maybe I can do some psoas exercises again without triggering POIS.

Aladin

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2021, 10:03:38 AM »
Indeed, T.R.E. therapy targets the psoas muscle to relieve tensions / stress hormones accumulated there. The body-tremors that are provoked used to be a classic reaction that animals still manifest after acute stress but that we humans lost due to culturization.

I myself tried it several times. Often the first 2 days, my symptoms got considerably worse, with nightmares and high stress levels, but then i used to go back to normal.  Does that mean i have released an amount of stress hormones? I don't know but it sounds plausible.

The tremor-reaction is quite intense for me, so that i 2x injured myself with a strain in a muscle, which forced me to give up. 

Big coincidence: i started again 2 days ago, but the reaction was too strong: massive POIS-symptoms the day after.  Not feeling very comfortable with going on now (while that probably is what i should do)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 02:10:39 PM by Aladin »

Clues

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2021, 02:33:45 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience Aladin.

mike_sweden

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2021, 03:48:36 AM »
I am curious, has anyone else here broken their tailbone at some point? Or maybe fallen on it really hard? I remember falling hard on my tailbone twice during the time I was in puberty. I did not find out until years later that my tailbone has been broken at least once. So it is possible to break it and to not be aware.

yes i did hurt my back about the age of 8

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2021, 06:49:01 AM »
I am curious, has anyone else here broken their tailbone at some point? Or maybe fallen on it really hard? I remember falling hard on my tailbone twice during the time I was in puberty. I did not find out until years later that my tailbone has been broken at least once. So it is possible to break it and to not be aware.
When I was like 8 I fell with my backtail on the slidey snow during the winter