Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 293585 times)

omen

Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #440 on: February 12, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »
Its not the 10 mg that nakes the difference but its the time..u were awake at 3 that triggered pois...according to what I am reserching on myself and what I have read on the net...the anxiety attack which I get after orgasm is because of the adrenalin...when one orgasms the adrenal spikes when one exercises especially cardio adrenal spikes..adrenal is bad for people with anxiety beacause it interferes withthe chemicals in ur head...I think this causes the brain fog that is pois...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #441 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »
I took 90 mg at 3 in the morning on an empty stomach, small flush .. pois present at 90%: (
It 'just 10 mg from 100 mg that had taken effect, it is strange that it does not work

Describe the flush? Did you feel the face sort of burning like sunburn, or just light tingling of the skin?

When I have light flush, (just tingling skin), I have about 60% or 70% reduction. If I have full flush with sunburn sensation and hot face, I get 95% reduction.

Last night I took 100mg and didn't feel any flush. I had fasted (not food for 5 hrs before) but we had a couple of tequila shooters just a little before. So alcohol also affects the affectivity of niacin. I use capsules with powdered niacin inside, so about 25 min after taking the 100 and when I was sure the 100 wasn't going to flush,  I took 50mg more powder right on the tongue. Started to feel a little tingle within 5 min, so took 25mg more and got the flush.

And I am only about 5% POIS today.

So try that. If after about 20 min you don't feel flush, take 50 more. If that doesn't work take 50 more. That should do it.

If you receive a good flush, but still have strong POIS, then maybe niacin just isn't for you.

One of my biggest goals right now is to discover why niacin works AND WHY IT DOESN'T. The clue to POIS is there, and besides we need everybody to have a solution.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

vetrofragile79

« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
little tingling, no strong red. the only difference is that after 8-9 hours and I slept.
Today I took 90 g reduced the dots by 60%.
as a precision balance used? mine is not very precise.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
little tingling, no strong red. the only difference is that after 8-9 hours and I slept.
Today I took 90 g reduced the dots by 60%.
as a precision balance used? mine is not very precise.

What do you mean "reduced the dots".

My weights in grams are all estimates. I have 100 mg capsule that can be opened and so for less than 100mg I open it and take 50% for 50mg. etc.

What form does your niacin come in?

So with 90 mg, you are what I call "borderline" flush. That usually gives me partial relief. With another 20 or 30 mg you should get a good flush, but still not "overwhelming". It is "obvious" but acceptable. Will last about 20 minutes and then starts to subside. Quite acceptable. I even like it. Maybe because I know I will be protected and POIS free!

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #444 on: February 13, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »

So with 90 mg, you are what I call "borderline" flush. That usually gives me partial relief.

That´s right in my case, Daveman.

I have been using the niacin for 5 months and i can agree with this.

When i get a flush and wait 10-20 min after it fades away ---> No POIS.
When i get a good flush and have an O. on the middle of the flush----> Significative POIS!!
When i get a "borderline" flush ---> No POIS afterwards, but i could feel a very very little weird symptoms on 2nd, 3rd day(5-10% POIS?)

When i do not get the flush ---> I do not have POIS immediately after, but it seems that the next two days i could experience some brain fog. I have felt this way several times. Sometimes i have had another flushed orgasm, that has got rid my previous symptoms, but if i can´t(due to i need to take more niacin to get the flush because my body has got used to it), that symptoms will not dissappear.

omen

« Reply #445 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
Is there any connection of pois and sedentary life?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:11 AM »
Is there any connection of pois and sedentary life?

I found that making exercise helped my POIS. In fact, this one and sleeping more were the only two methods i used against POIS before discovering the forum.

omen

« Reply #447 on: February 14, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »
Yes sleeping even helps me...and recently I have noticed that walking helps me too...let's see where does this experiment go...I keep on experimenting ways to come out of pois very often...

vetrofragile79

« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
which kind of precision balance have u?

fsol

« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
I have the same experience as observer. 10-20 mins after flush gives the niacin the maximum effect for me too. Mid-flush gives some relief but not much.

Also, after I started exercising, my POIS has gotten better. My thinking was that my physical symptoms were mainly in the thighs, lower back and legs so I started focusing my weight training in the gym on those areas so make them stronger. Combine that with niacin and life with POIS is not that bad for me anymore. Also just eating healthy and staying fit in general has helped me a lot so far.

I'm taking 500mg of niacin now and sometimes I have to take 8-900mg to get the flush. For me it seems like my body is getting used to it as I need more and more to get the flush, but I can't say that for certain. I'm only taking it once or twice a week.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #450 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
I have the same experience as observer. 10-20 mins after flush gives the niacin the maximum effect for me too. Mid-flush gives some relief but not much.

Also, after I started exercising, my POIS has gotten better. My thinking was that my physical symptoms were mainly in the thighs, lower back and legs so I started focusing my weight training in the gym on those areas so make them stronger. Combine that with niacin and life with POIS is not that bad for me anymore. Also just eating healthy and staying fit in general has helped me a lot so far.

I'm taking 500mg of niacin now and sometimes I have to take 8-900mg to get the flush. For me it seems like my body is getting used to it as I need more and more to get the flush, but I can't say that for certain. I'm only taking it once or twice a week.

Wow, 500 to 8 or 900 is a lot. Do you observe the fast (both food and alcohol ) prior? Eating or drinking within 3 hrs makes a lot of difference. Even one drink ( or light food) within the 3 hrs can have you requiring at least twice as much niacin.

fsol

« Reply #451 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
Yes,  I always fast. If I don't, I need around 900mg to get just a slight flush. But I'm almost 2 metres tall and weigh 90 kgs.

vetrofragile79

« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Last night I ate a lot, I woke up on an empty stomach and I took the niacin flush 90g ... no, I got another 50 g, no flush, I have taken another 30 g, no flush, no flush another 50 g .. . I had an O and there is pois . Why?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »
Last night I ate a lot, I woke up on an empty stomach and I took the niacin flush 90g ... no, I got another 50 g, no flush, I have taken another 30 g, no flush, no flush another 50 g .. . I had an O and there is pois . Why?

I am taking this one, http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Niacin-Vitamin-B3-100-mg-Tablets.htm - Could you show me the niacin/brand that you are taking? With the amount of niacin you has taken on a very empty stomach i would be burning like hell, have you taken the niacin these last days?

vetrofragile79

« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
http://www.arganiascorbile.it/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=niacin&product_id=373

not niacin days before...in past i have always had an effect, even at 90 g for this are concerned. means that has expired? and 'powder inside a plastic bag .. I keep it closed but it takes the air, has expired?

your niacin brand is nicotic acid?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:04:11 AM by vetrofragile79 »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
http://www.arganiascorbile.it/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=niacin&product_id=373

not niacin days before...in past i have always had an effect, even at 90 g for this are concerned. means that has expired? and 'powder inside a plastic bag .. I keep it closed but it takes the air, has expired?

I don´t think it is a good idea to let the niacin in contact with the air, i have left the bottle open(i forget to close it :( ) and the effect was not the same. I take the niacin in a powder form - It´s better: Faster, stronger flush and no digestive problems(that i had when i did not crush the tablets.)

Don´t worry because this effect never expires, but if you are taking the same amount of niacin every day, the flush is going to be weaker and weaker until it dissappears. To get the flush again (and not increase the dose) you need to stop taking the niacin for several days, and then you will have the flush again.

vetrofragile79

« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
dont understand: u take nicoti acid in table (your link) or powder?  i take powder
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:37:05 AM by vetrofragile79 »

Starsky

• NDL_Group

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
dont understand: u take nicoti acid in table (your link) or powder?  i take powder

I crush the tablets and turn them into powder.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »

I agree with Observer. I have taken capsules that I have left out (I sometimes leave one capsule beside the bed for emergencies ;), but the effect is always weaker. I have since been sure to leave the capsules in a closed container.

The powdered form would be great, but I would put it into smaller 100ml sealed jars. That's probably the problem. Because as you said, lesser amounts have given you a flush.

You might see if some powder that is closer to the center of the mass of powder is "stronger". With any luck, only the surface material has lost strength.

How much is in a bag?